LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Garage Door Tips

I think you need an outside signal the latch is closed, if you have a light over the door it would be a good idea to have the light on when the latch is on.

You can put a compact florescent bulb in the light so it won't cost a ton to have it on.

Or you can go low tech and just hang something on the outside part of latch to signal the latch is on.

I had a neighbor that had a habit of leaving his headlights on, so I asked him if he wanted me to install some sort of a beeper on the lights when the door was opened when the lights were on, or go low tech so I just put a sign on a stick where he parked his car, we went with the sign, so I didn't have to push his car out of the drive to jumper it any longer.

Sometimes low tech is better and it works.

Note to step-son:

If you are going to set the mechanical latch on the garage door, please let the drivers know this so they don't hit the "open" button outside and rip the door off its tracks.

I think I've figure out how to fix it.

*sigh*

Better "Note to Step-son":

"If you do this again you will fix the door immediately or you will pay me what it would have cost to hire someone to come out for an emergency repair" :huh: You'll only have to deal with this one more time after that at most, promise! :lol:

Some thing's I've learned through life:

-The best fix for anything is at it's root source :)

-Forgive when it's called for because you're going to need that yourself sometimes :blush:

-People learn best when they have to correct their own mistakes before being allowed to go any further, and if it hurts their piggy bank they learn even faster :P

-Ignorance is fixed through education, but stupidity has no cure so it must be dealt with by restricting that person to the level of their intelligence :o

-Bad things left alone only get worse :angel_not:

-Nobody said life is easy; the biggest gains often come with the biggest pains :whistling:

-Sometimes the above hurts you, but it's always true so be prepared to take off rose-colored glasses and take the pain which it may cause :boxing: In the end it's usually the best way to make things better!

At least you now know how to fix the door so there's something good in here :roflmao:

Bettypooh

He *thought* he was doing the right thing... preventing us from accidentally driving over the stuff that was in that bay... so I can't be too harsh on him. He never had a door opener before, so I guess I can cut him some slack.

We tried to fix it. Came close...but no cigar.

My contractor's assistant is coming over today (I hope). He used to own a garage door company, so he'll probably have a quick fix.

He *thought* he was doing the right thing... preventing us from accidentally driving over the stuff that was in that bay... so I can't be too harsh on him. He never had a door opener before, so I guess I can cut him some slack.

We tried to fix it. Came close...but no cigar.

My contractor's assistant is coming over today (I hope). He used to own a garage door company, so he'll probably have a quick fix.

As long as nothing's bent too badly or actually broken the fix shouldn't be too bad ;) While he's there ask if he can wire in an interlock to keep the opener from working if it's latched shut. Some openers have an overload sensor to keep this from happening. Anyway best of luck with this one!

Bettypooh

That lock should be disabled or removed, plain and simple. Ive been in the garage door biz for over twenty years and I always disable the lock before installing an operator. Also on the operater itself is a close and open force adjustment that should be set to stop the door from trying to open if the door is stuck on something, you should check that.On the other hand, it's actions like these that keep me in business so give your step son a pat on the back for keeping our econemy going!