LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fetishes And Personality

NatStudy

And done.

A few of my answers in the second questionnaire, the 40Q 'which statement describes you best' one may very well be a little contradictory, though, so I'm sorry if that causes issues.

As for the one with fetishes...well...there really needs to be another option. For example, I simply don't 'get' how anyone can have a shoe fetish. I don't find it repulsive in the slightest, I just don't understand it.

Hi,

I am currently in my third year at University and studying whether there is a relationship between feithses and personality dimensions, to prove that those of us with fetishes are normal and that others should not be judgemental.

The study takes about 20mins,

http://sunderlandpsychology.biz.tc/purvis_study.htm

Any help would be really really appreciated!

I really hate to disappoint you. But I have met very few socially functional, well adjusted, mature, intelligent, stable, "normal" ABDLs. Seems to me that many members of this community are stuck in some form of headspace and don't do very well out in the real adult world.

That, and the fact that your survey is hosted through surveymonkey via a redirect through a site hosted in the Turks and Caicos Islands (biz.tc) it all seems a bit suspicious to me. An Official Psych dept. survey would be hosted on university servers to eliminate chances of outside tampering.

• Like 1

I really hate to disappoint you. But I have met very few socially functional, well adjusted, mature, intelligent, stable, "normal" ABDLs. Seems to me that many members of this community are stuck in some form of headspace and don't do very well out in the real adult world.

That, and the fact that your survey is hosted through surveymonkey via a redirect through a site hosted in the Turks and Caicos Islands (biz.tc) it all seems a bit suspicious to me. An Official Psych dept. survey would be hosted on university servers to eliminate chances of outside tampering.

While I have to mirror your comment regarding hosting with a redirect, I'm sad that you have met "very few socially functional, well-adjusted, mature, intelligent, stable, "normal" ABDLs". As a DL of 40+ years, my own quest to find that I was not the only one with the leanings I had/have and was not crazy or insane because of those, seeming, abnormal leanings/needs/desires has put me in contact with a great many people that do run the gammut of the scope of "normalcy". I mean, we all have our own thing, and very few of us parallel someone else exactly.

The sad truth, in what you say, is that it seems to BE those on the "outer fringe" that seem to be the most vocal and the most visible, i.e., the HNG males that chase away viable females that might actually BE a potential partner for some single male, who IS socially functional, well-adjusted, mature, intelligent, satable and for the most part, "normal". And, unfortunately, you can't get away from having them always present, and unless they can be shamed to act adult, at least to the point of communication, to DEVELOP a connection or relationship, that will allow their needs to be met, comfortably to the other partner and in a time frame to make it comfortable to move into, and giving the rest of the community a bad name.

I always only hope that women will hang in there long enough to spot the troublemakers and learn how to deal with them, and those acting like idiots will SEE how their actions HURT the community on the whole and relax, slow down and take their time, communicating in a way to SHOW they have the ability to move to what they want maturely. Somehow, I don't think that will ever happen since newbies are welcome and we see new peeps all the time. I guess that's fine, but it certainly keeps the "same old, same old" going all the time...

Hi,

I am currently in my third year at University and studying whether there is a relationship between feithses and personality dimensions, to prove that those of us with fetishes are normal and that others should not be judgemental.

The study takes about 20mins,

http://sunderlandpsychology.biz.tc/purvis_study.htm

Any help would be really really appreciated!

I really hate to say it, but your approach to "prove that those of us with fetishes are normal and that others should not be judgemental" is "misguided", at best. "Others", no matter WHAT the topic, especially in the sexual arena, will usually ALWAYS be "judgemental" in regard to what other people do, like or are into. THAT is human nature. When it comes to "infantilism", where the AB/DL world seems to trapped within, since there is association with/to pedophilia by many uninformed in the public, those with a diaper fetish are already castigated, guilt by association as it were, and for the narrow-mind, we AB/DLs indulging ourselves are "just plain silly". After all, diapers are for chronological babies, doncha' know? To understand how a fetish affects personality dimensions requires identification of what a fetish IS, what KIND of fetish we're talking about, and how the desires/involvement impacts society, in general, in a broader scope. To say that "I am a person with a fetish, and I am normal." requires one to define what NORMAL is, to begin with, setting parameters to identifiable extremes. Not only that, many so-called "normal" people have little stimulations that they enjoy, but, due to the "minor" nature of their stimulation, it isn't considered irrational, abnormal OR a true, full-blown "fetish". A closer look at the definition of "fetish" would be in order to define to what degree we need to determine that an affectation BECOMES a fetish, and how much it takes to affect our personality. The object of many fetishes are pretty simple and innocuous, and more of interest would be what it IS about the object that stimulates the fetishist, and the degree of affectation the fetish has ON the fetishist. I guess looking at what you were/are trying to accomplish seems like it is overly broad. But, if it turns out to get you a good grade, and be of value to others, well done!

It is actually a genuine study, and the reason it is through survey monkey is due to the way it stores its data - it being secure. A large part of my research is also looking at what level things turn into a fetish, and what a fetish actually is, as it is very misguided and misinterpreted. It is very broad, but as it is for my undergraduate, it seemed the best way to go, I am hoping to delve deeper for my PHD, I just needed a basis for it though. However, I do appreciate all of your comments.

The sad truth, in what you say, is that it seems to BE those on the "outer fringe" that seem to be the most vocal and the most visible, i.e., the HNG males that chase away viable females that might actually BE a potential partner for some single male, who IS socially functional, well-adjusted, mature, intelligent, satable and for the most part, "normal". And, unfortunately, you can't get away from having them always present, and unless they can be shamed to act adult, at least to the point of communication, to DEVELOP a connection or relationship, that will allow their needs to be met, comfortably to the other partner and in a time frame to make it comfortable to move into, and giving the rest of the community a bad name.

QFT. The thing that made me the most, shall we say, nervous about realising I may very well be a DL is the stigma that surrounds it. You hear 'horror stories' of idiotic things done by AB / DLs (generally males) who give it a bad name. I've yet to hear such of others (feet, bondage, etc.) - kind of makes it 'abnormal among the abnormal'.

The closet cases seem to be pretty successful. :thumbsup:

To the OP:

This survey is terrible though, I understand that it's a matter of 'which one suits you best,' but even then it's ridiculous.

Q14:

A) I insist on getting the respect that is due to me

B) I usually get the respect I deserve

It's extremely likely that most people will want to choose both, and neither disqualifies the other.

Q21:

A) I always know what I a doing

B) Sometimes I am not sure what I am doing

This is pretty much just checking to see who is lying. NOBODY knows what they are doing ALL THE TIME. It is human nature to act impulsively and without thought at least occasionally.

Q24:

A) I expect a great deal from other people

B) I like to do things for other people

Again, I feel equally as strong about both. Also, I would be willing to bet that those who are the most giving also tend to be those who are the most expectant of a return from their investment. NOBODY likes helping other people thanklessly in the long run. Sure, you might be the sort of person who is naturally inclined toward service, but any serious relationship(friendship, romantic, family, otherwise) that you hold with another human being is going to demand a great deal of reciprocity if it's going to last.

Q34:

A) I am going to be a great person

B) I hope I am going to be successful

Not only are these not mutually exclusive, they are mutually inclusive.

There's more, but I would exhaust myself typing it all out. You need to go back and rework this survey, because it's more or less absolutely worthless as a psychometric.

I really don't see how any of this holds water. There are numerous female posters on this website. Not just trannies either, numerous genetic females post on this website.

The closet cases seem to be pretty successful. :thumbsup:

To the OP:

This survey is terrible though, I understand that it's a matter of 'which one suits you best,' but even then it's ridiculous.

Q14:

A) I insist on getting the respect that is due to me

B) I usually get the respect I deserve

It's extremely likely that most people will want to choose both, and neither disqualifies the other.

Q21:

A) I always know what I a doing

B) Sometimes I am not sure what I am doing

This is pretty much just checking to see who is lying. NOBODY knows what they are doing ALL THE TIME. It is human nature to act impulsively and without thought at least occasionally.

Q24:

A) I expect a great deal from other people

B) I like to do things for other people

Again, I feel equally as strong about both. Also, I would be willing to bet that those who are the most giving also tend to be those who are the most expectant of a return from their investment. NOBODY likes helping other people thanklessly in the long run. Sure, you might be the sort of person who is naturally inclined toward service, but any serious relationship(friendship, romantic, family, otherwise) that you hold with another human being is going to demand a great deal of reciprocity if it's going to last.

Q34:

A) I am going to be a great person

B) I hope I am going to be successful

Not only are these not mutually exclusive, they are mutually inclusive.

There's more, but I would exhaust myself typing it all out. You need to go back and rework this survey, because it's more or less absolutely worthless as a psychometric.

I really don't see how any of this holds water. There are numerous female posters on this website. Not just trannies either, numerous genetic females post on this website.

While I agree there are numerous female posters at this and other sites, the case seems to be that AB, if not DL, as well, has been found to be more male dominated than equally populated by females. Now, reading posts and participating in chat rooms, it seems, and I say, SEEMS, that the most vocal, and most "out there" seem to be young male ABs, newbies, especially, with little couth or tact, looking for Mommies, who act as infantile, irrational and demanding as a chronological infant. In too many cases a great many MORE well-intentioned, well-meaning, naive and inquisitive females are chased away right from the start than those with a strong self-esteem and constitution who decide to stay and weather the onslaught. As far as holding water, I'm just vocalizing what any number of members might feel, themselves. It's just necessary to remind others viewing the post that not ALL of us who are members are weirdos and fruitcakes, unable to exist in a society of "normals"... I just wish we could have MORE female members to add to the mix. It's of a lot of value to be able to see both sides of the coin in the AB/DL world we are into...

While I agree there are numerous female posters at this and other sites, the case seems to be that AB, if not DL, as well, has been found to be more male dominated than equally populated by females. Now, reading posts and participating in chat rooms, it seems, and I say, SEEMS, that the most vocal, and most "out there" seem to be young male ABs, newbies, especially, with little couth or tact, looking for Mommies, who act as infantile, irrational and demanding as a chronological infant. In too many cases a great many MORE well-intentioned, well-meaning, naive and inquisitive females are chased away right from the start than those with a strong self-esteem and constitution who decide to stay and weather the onslaught. As far as holding water, I'm just vocalizing what any number of members might feel, themselves. It's just necessary to remind others viewing the post that not ALL of us who are members are weirdos and fruitcakes, unable to exist in a society of "normals"... I just wish we could have MORE female members to add to the mix. It's of a lot of value to be able to see both sides of the coin in the AB/DL world we are into...

In all my years of experience with the ABDL community it seems to me that the sexual split is a lot closer to 50/50 than many people think. It's just that most of the mature intelligent people (male and female) have gotten fed up with all the creepers and crazies and just don't participate online anymore. As a female member of this community I must say that I have been shocked and disgusted by the way ABDL females are treated. I have been stalked, harassed and generally treated like a sex object by so many little boys (I refuse to call them men) that it isn't even funny. Block them or put them on ignore and they just go make up another screen name and get right back to it. I shouldn't have to put up with it, and what's worse is that the leadership of the ABDL online community takes very little action to try and weed these people out.

There are a lot of really cool and wonderful ABDLs out there, and they have a lot to offer the online community in terms of saneness and sensibility. But most of them have been relegated to living in the shadows because so many websites are completely dominated by creepers.

Well, having a fetish in common isn't having all that much in common at all.

I have fun posting here, but it's been my experience that the more 'intellectual'(that is not to say 'intelligent', what I mean is that things like sexual fetishes are usually a matter of simple urge, whereas an interest in something like camping, reading, hang-gliding, or anything else which requires at the least a desire to develop a skill/knowledge, even if it's an entirely athletic endeavor) the binding element of a social group is, the more that the members of that group have in common.

So, I guess ON-TOPIC, I would say that fetishists have little in common with other fetishists.

I beg your pardon?

-DR