LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Gluing Plastic Pants

Wetdl

Took the weekend to clean out my stockpile,(I have gathered far too much) and repaired a few sets on VIP pants that had small rips. I can report that should anyone else need to do the same, "Locktite Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic" is a flexible adhesive and works well.

That's the good news. The bad news is it does not bond to Euroflex (polyurethane). Does anyone know of a good product to try? I have a vinyl romper that has only been worn about 3 times and has started to tear :crybaby:

Thanks

I use Goop Marine, but I do not know about polyurethane. The last I knew of that material it was a wood finiish

Get a vinyl pool repair kit from Wal-Mart. The item is called "Propoise Vinyl Pool Repair Kit".

Took the weekend to clean out my stockpile,(I have gathered far too much) and repaired a few sets on VIP pants that had small rips. I can report that should anyone else need to do the same, "Locktite Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic" is a flexible adhesive and works well.

That's the good news. The bad news is it does not bond to Euroflex (polyurethane). Does anyone know of a good product to try? I have a vinyl romper that has only been worn about 3 times and has started to tear :crybaby:

Thanks

The best way to repair PVC (poly vinyl chloride) is to sacrifice a pair of plastic pants to act as a patch etc. Most glues, even the ones designed for PVC tend to melt the plastic, so using a patch will allow you to join two edges without loosing the thickness / melting the plastic into nothing. The other way to join this is with heat bonding - clamp the two edges with paper covered copper pipe, and then run hot water in the copper pipe. The pipe temperature gets hot enough to bond the plastic, and not hot enough to melt it. Getting the correct temp is trial and error, but once you have it hot enough, the plastic will bond, and then, before releasing the clamp, run cold water in the copper pipe to seal the bond.

An adhesive for polyurethane you might try is "neoprene" adhesive as used by footware repairers, or cobblers to you mate (lol). It's amazing, but you have to follow the rules, i.e. coat both sides to be glued, let them dry, coat them again, let then dry again, then press together accurately as a contact adhesive. It's not cheap BTW.

Daddy Fred from England.