LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sciatica

greatwnorth

I am experiencing excruciating pain. Appearently my sciatic nerve is acting up and causing pain. It is a real pain in the ...well, ass, is exactly where it is. I have experienced this before but it was relatively mild compared to this and luckily went away fairly quickly. This is really bad, I cannot even walk three feet and my leg has given out twice already under the pain. If this keeps up I might actually need to buy or rent a freaking wheelchair, no exaggeration. It is my understanding that sciatica is actually a symptom of some other problem like disk damage to my spine and I do have documented damage to my sacrum and possibly lower lumbar that causes alot of chronic pain. Okay I am done, just needed to vent. wish me luck and I hope none of you get this.

sciatica can be a sign that you have a pinched nerve or a slipped disc in your l4-l5 area of your lumbar region. If the pain is that bad, call your doctor, at the very least have the pain documented in your medical records. It may be that a pain killer will at least take the edge off, and if it is caused from a bulging disc there are things you can do to relieve the pressure...

I've had my share and several other people's share of this :o Mine was fixed by a chiropractor :) but occasionally came back :( Then I found a really good chiropractor and it seems to be fixed permanently :wub: Unless there is permanent damage in your back they can probably do the same for you :D And you need to get it fixed, because placing your weight on the pain free side actually aggravates the misalignment making things worse :o Muscle spasms in the back do the same thing :angry: These may not be apparent as spasms; sometimes it just feels tingly or warm there. Ibuprofen may help with that but, not sciatic pain. One to ten, this stuff is an 8-9 pain level and the sharpness of it makes it feel worse :crybaby:

Hope you're better soon!

Bettypooh

Back problems really suck.

I had back surgery a couple of years ago and still suffer quit abit. Hope this doesn;t get u down , but there are ways to dull the pain. An ice pack is always a good solution, yoga and lite swimming help a little.

You probably need to go see a doctor to find out what the real problem is and a mri is always the best way to see what kind of problem u have, I had surgery for lumbar stenosis on L4-L5 S1 and S2 still suffer but i guess I'm better than i was.

Good luck hope I hear more from you if you need any kind of moral support,

I Do actually have an old injury to my sacrum and involved nerves, I was actually injured while on active duty in the Army. That injury causes a lot of pain for me that I have pretty much resolved is permanent now, two failed surgeries later. Also this includes nerve damage that led to Permanent incontinence, which some of you would probably love to have. Much of the time this sucks. I have learned to make the best of a situation and, voila, I am on this forum. I have to say that when the army nurse first put a diaper on me while still in the service I was so embarrassed. The guys in my unit, of course found out about the diapers and I even had to be changed by the company medics twice. Everybody was supportive, if not professional about the whole thing. I was injured less than six months before my exit date and they didn't even bother to medically discharge me, just let me run out my term. All in all I count myself as actually lucky, I could have been hurt worse. A couple inches off and I could have been paralyzed, stuck in a wheelchair or god knows worse somehow. The Veterans Administration has for the most part taken good care of me over the years, they are better now than when I started using their service. I also get a monthly disability income from the VA that is tax free. I digress.

I do hope that this new pain, this sciatica goes away soon without delay, and I have to admit that I woke today with some relief. I still hurt but today I can get around the house with a walking stick. If it persists I already have an appointment with my GP physician at the local VA clinic. Thanks for the positive wishes please keep it up.

I do hope that this new pain, this sciatica goes away soon without delay, and I have to admit that I woke today with some relief. I still hurt but today I can get around the house with a walking stick. If it persists I already have an appointment with my GP physician at the local VA clinic. Thanks for the positive wishes please keep it up.

I.m sure you have heard of 800mg ibuprofen three times a day with alternating ice packs and heat therapy. Been doing this for three weeks now and starting to finally feel better. Left leg collapsed only once.....fortunately in the middle of my front yard on the way to the mailbox . I laid there a few minutes and slowly got back up to get the mail. Began doing stairs again today. That left hurts!

I found that gel ice packs wrapped in a single layer cloth diaper work best for me as I lie diapered on my back going to sleep, then move it to the side and re-ice the back before I get out of bed in the morning. Sciattica sure screws up your thinking when all you can do is feel pain! Best wishes.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I am experiencing excruciating pain. Appearently my sciatic nerve is acting up and causing pain. It is a real pain in the ...well, ass, is exactly where it is. I have experienced this before but it was relatively mild compared to this and luckily went away fairly quickly. This is really bad, I cannot even walk three feet and my leg has given out twice already under the pain. If this keeps up I might actually need to buy or rent a freaking wheelchair, no exaggeration. It is my understanding that sciatica is actually a symptom of some other problem like disk damage to my spine and I do have documented damage to my sacrum and possibly lower lumbar that causes alot of chronic pain. Okay I am done, just needed to vent. wish me luck and I hope none of you get this.

sciatica can also be the result of old non supportive shoes ans even the need for orthotics in your shoes. i know from first hand experience, i was going for therapy for sciatica and also was in the process of getting new orthotics for my shoes. within days of starting to use my new perscription prthotics my sciatica started to quiet down and i no longer need the physical therapy

the orthotics provide more support for your back, taking the pressure off the nerve radiating out of your spinal cord... sciatica is caused by a pinched nerve in the lumbar area of the back... now what is causing the pressure on the nerve could be caused by any number of reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

My heart goes out to you, I have had sciatic pain before and I feel for you.I really hope it gets better really really quickly, have you tried a t.e.n.s. machine? they are brilliant, over here in the u.k you can buy them from the local pharmacist-chemist for under £20 and they are worth every penny.

All my best to you. kevino

• 2 weeks later...

It's back again! revenge of the sciatic! ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch... Okay that helped. Sometimes I love a good rant.

at some point get a MRI to make sure the disk is not hurniated sciatica is the first sign your back is about to hurniate that last one was 2.25 inches long x 1" wide and transected 3 nerve roots l4-5 s1-2 oh yea forget the tens units get a interferal device they do never blocks with electricity ;) wonderful feeling

I will look up that and go over the options with my doctor. I will also look into seeing a chiropractor haven't been to one in years. cannot do regular mri as my weight is over the limit for the table, the limit for mri is usually 300lbs I am at 330 now (was at 375, woohoo!) I might be able to get in on a table with larger capacity but it will take some arranging as I will have to use the VA system or pay for it myself.

Thanks for the suggestions.

the last mri i had to beg the dr to do it i could barely walk i was using to canes to stand up and was in so much pain it took me 45 mins to get out of bed in the morning so i know what you are going though weight might have something to do with the back pain as well i was just over 300 my self and i am back down to 250 now but the pain make it so we gain weight because we can not do anything so we are dammed ether way

I cannot do regular mri as my weight is over the limit for the table, the limit for mri is usually 300lbs I am at 330 now (was at 375, woohoo!) I might be able to get in on a table with larger capacity

Thanks for the suggestions.

T.V. ads here-in the usa- say they now have upright imaging MRIs; maybe that would work better than a table 1. :thumbsup: (Jack Daniels helps with may back pain)