LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Using Pins On Disposables?

does anyone here use diaper pins with their disposables? i personally think it works awesome when u put them on the bottom two tapes! I always do this so the bottom tapes don't come undone.

I do this, espcially since I have big hips and a big booty and sometimes the bottom tapes don't stay. They also work well to hold up sagging disposables.

does anyone here use diaper pins with their disposables? i personally think it works awesome when u put them on the bottom two tapes! I always do this so the bottom tapes don't come undone.

Although I am petite, I have often used diaper pins to reinforce tapes on disposables.

The first disposables anyone in our family saw was a box of Pampers my Mom had to buy because my youngest sister Missy was sick with runny poop on the drive home from vacation. That was July 1972, before Pampers had sticky tapes.

Knowing I would have to wear Attends at university because the dorm buildings did not have coin laundries, I took along a couple of dozen diaper pins.

BT,DT ;) As I recall, someone here uses staples for their tapes which would seem like they'd hold better B) Occasionally I use pins on a disposable, but more for decoration and fun than for holding the tapes :D When I have loose tapes I tape over them with white cloth first-aid adhesive tape B) Blends in and holds well :thumbsup: and easily found up to 2 inches (51mm) wide :) When I'm out of that duct tape works fine, but the look- UGH! :roflmao:

Bettypooh

I most certainly do use diaper pins (adult sized ones, with locking plastic heads!). I do it for a couple of reasons. I wear old fashioned Pampers. When they first came out in the '60s, you had to pin them (until 1973). I tape mine (white duct tape), like a diaper from the late '70s when I started enjoying them. The pins take stress off the tapes. My tapes never slip. I also really like the look of pins, just so babyish. Also, being diapered feels like very mild, loving bondage to me. The pins only add to that very pleasant feeling.

post-16254-089805800 1285734759_thumb.jp

post-16254-015444700 1285734772_thumb.jp

post-16254-007480000 1285734787_thumb.jp

post-16254-040643200 1285734799_thumb.jp

post-16254-089805800 1285734759_thumb.jp

post-16254-015444700 1285734772_thumb.jp

post-16254-007480000 1285734787_thumb.jp

post-16254-040643200 1285734799_thumb.jp

I most certainly do use diaper pins (adult sized ones, with locking plastic heads!). I do it for a couple of reasons. I wear old fashioned Pampers. When they first came out in the '60s, you had to pin them (until 1973). I tape mine (white duct tape), like a diaper from the late '70s when I started enjoying them. The pins take stress off the tapes. My tapes never slip. I also really like the look of pins, just so babyish. Also, being diapered feels like very mild, loving bondage to me. The pins only add to that very pleasant feeling.

Good Grief! WHere did you find a huge supply of vintage old fashioned "Pampers" without tapes that fit an adult body that you can wear on a daily basis?

Yes, I sometimes use diaper pins on a disposable diaper. Like Angela said, when disposable diapers first started getting popular late 60's and early 70's they didn't have tapes. You had to use diaper pins and pin them on just like a cloth diaper. In my case, I remember one time when I was out fishing on my boat with another DL. I had put on an Abri Form X-Plus about 4am (usually you start fishing early in the morning) and by noon it was pretty well soaked, even for an X-Plus! If we are away from other boats we usually take the shorts off and fish in just our shirts and diapers. Well, constantly getting up to get bait, getting up to put fish in the cooler all must have put a strain on my sagging diaper because a tape popped off on the top right. Fortunatly, my fishing friend had his diaper bag in the boat with us and he loaned me a diaper pin to use. Now I don't go out fishing unless I have a pair of plastic pants on over my disposable diaper to help avoid unwanted stress!

I also like the Rite Aid cloth backed disposable diapers some times. The thing about these is that I have to get the extra large in order for them to be long enough to come up higher around my waist. The large and medium sizes are more like bikini diapers. With the extra large diapers I can't tape them on because the side panels are just way too long and go way past the tape zone on the front of the diaper. I just fold the side pannels in half and use diaper pins to pin them on. That works even better than the tapes would have if I could have taped them on! I just make sure I put the pins into a sturdy part of my diaper, often pinning through the tapes themselves for extra strength.

I don't know if you are aware of this but duct tape does come in white to match your diapers

BT,DT ;) As I recall, someone here uses staples for their tapes which would seem like they'd hold better B) Occasionally I use pins on a disposable, but more for decoration and fun than for holding the tapes :D When I have loose tapes I tape over them with white cloth first-aid adhesive tape B) Blends in and holds well :thumbsup: and easily found up to 2 inches (51mm) wide :) When I'm out of that duct tape works fine, but the look- UGH! :roflmao:

Bettypooh

I've never thought of doing this because I thought the pins would just tear the plastic. I had no idea it would work and be so popular!! But thanks for the idea! I usually use duct tape on all my diapers. I have hot pink tape... :thumbsup:

I don't know if you are aware of this but duct tape does come in white to match your diapers

I know, but I have to buy the cheap stuff which is gray :( Seeing it makes me feel Blue :rolleyes: And if someone else saw I'd turn Red :lol: Unless they turned Green with envy for me having a diaper on when they didn't :whistling: Anyway...,

Thanks for making sure people know about the white!

Bettypooh

I like to use wide mailing or storage tape. Its clear like scotch tape, just much wider and stronger. I use quite a lot of it as I like my dispoables taped very tightly. I also like to add a waistband made of half a compacter bag taped to the waist of my disposable diapers to keep them in place.

Nice comeback Bettyquote name='Bettypooh' timestamp='1285845474' post='348629']

I know, but I have to buy the cheap stuff which is gray :( Seeing it makes me feel Blue :rolleyes: And if someone else saw I'd turn Red :lol: Unless they turned Green with envy for me having a diaper on when they didn't :whistling: Anyway...,

Thanks for making sure people know about the white!

Bettypooh

• 2 months later...

I remember the Pampers without tapes as noted earlier. I was sorry to see the pin-on Pampers give way for the tapes. Oh well, I guess that's what they call progress! But I'm glad to see some "babies" still use safety pins on their disposables. I wonder how many tons of tapes could be saved if everyone used safety pins on their disposables (without tapes, of course)?? I'm including real little babies also worldwide.

Happy New Year to all!!

I remember the Pampers without tapes as noted earlier. I was sorry to see the pin-on Pampers give way for the tapes. Oh well, I guess that's what they call progress! But I'm glad to see some "babies" still use safety pins on their disposables. I wonder how many tons of tapes could be saved if everyone used safety pins on their disposables (without tapes, of course)?? I'm including real little babies also worldwide.

Happy New Year to all!!

Convenience. It's a lot easier to tape on a diaper than it is to try and pin one on. There were probly enough people using actual tape instead of pins for that particular evolution to occur, or something.

Since I can only really afford Depends, I don't think it'd be wise to try and use pins on them. They probly aren't sturdy enough to handle a pin. If need be, I'll use a length of duct or packing tape.