LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Got My Rc Truck Back From The Painters

BBB

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do I put Decals/Stickers on it?

so, the girlfriend and I have been racing RC short course trucks lately.

Very fun, and a some what cheap way for us to kill a Sunday afternoon.... aside from the initial start up costs and broken parts (which haven't broken during races)

but today, I got a new body back from the painters. I'm SUPER excited since I only had a stock body before, which made it hard to pick mine out from the crowd.

DSCN0640-1.jpg

DSCN0637-1.jpg

DSCN0639-1.jpg

So, should I put decals/stickers on it?

Thats a great looking paintjob. I've never gotten to race rc cars but I do have an RC heli thats currently awaiting some parts (crosswind is a bad thing). I love my rc and dont think I could part with it. Have owned a plane but didn't like it very much. Would love to get a buggy though.

Thats a great looking paintjob. I've never gotten to race rc cars but I do have an RC heli thats currently awaiting some parts (crosswind is a bad thing). I love my rc and dont think I could part with it. Have owned a plane but didn't like it very much. Would love to get a buggy though.

Once upon a time...

I could tail in or nose in hover for full tanks of gas, and ever could move about in a tail-in figure 8 at a pretty good pace.

My father was always big into RC, and had multiple Heli's. All Miniature Aircraft X-Cell series. This was around 96 or 97 that he stopped flying.

What???!!! you don't paint your own???? PpppFftttt :P Sheesh what kind of RC guy are you??

Kidding, I'm a model builder and I know how difficult it is to do that, especially if you don't have time. I was at a hobby show once and there was a guy in the next booth paining RC bodies, and just all the time spent masking was amazing. he was really good though and after the weekend he had completed several bodies. I guess he was there to show off and sell his work as a painter *shrug*

Just painting single color static models is a pain, I did 1 multi color body (1968 Hurst Olds black and silver) and that took a hell of a lot, drove me nuts :screwy:

Congrats, hope you guys have fun! :D

I sure remember Painting my RC trucks and cars. I found the idea of reverse painting pretty easy. Then again I grew up with a father who worked at a Speed boat company and they paint their boats in reverse paint too. The mold is waxed then painted, then the fiberglass is hand laid over that. It's hard to tell but it does look as though your silver trim was applied to the outside. But even if it was not a tape up isn't that hard to do. The cool thing is that even a tape out stripe and trim applied with a brush from the inside, still looks great like it was sprayed. Actually a pretty neat idea when you think about it.

When I bought RC cars in the 80's they where awesome, mostly made out of Aluminum. Opening one of those kits was like building a full size car. Quite the building experience. Now it seems most of them are mainly plastic and you have to pay big bucks to upgrade to metal frames and real oil filled shocks and whatnot. I also flew RC Heli's and then Planes for about 5 years. I do tend to like the freedom provided by aircraft, but the skills learned on a remote car help greatly when training the brain to invert commands when coming vice going.

So on Topic. the body is that of a off road racer. As they cost big bucks in real life, they have MANY sponsors. As such if you want it to be a model, then yours should adorn many sponsor stickers as well in my opinion. But hey it is yours so do with it as you will. Let's face it after a few good roll overs and wrecks that's the last time the body will look like that anyway. Or motto was after wrecking it, a decal (known as band-aid) was in order anyway. :P

A quick tip that I noticed that hasn't been brought down from the 'ole days. If you went to the store and picked up a can of rubberized undercoating, like is used on full size vehicles inside the fender well and whatnot. It will greatly strengthen the body, locks your paint job down better after wrecks and makes it look a bit neater as well. The slight additional weight is negligible. :thumbsup:

i had fun bilding and painting my rc cars lol the first car took over 6 weeks to build then i had to get help

with one part that i did wrong my first cars was a ford Mondeo then i got an othet car it only took 2 days to build when i was off work with broken ribs

had fun that summer in the car parck near my house just racing my cars

i hope to get my cars back soon as i had to leave mine in scotland when i moved to germany

My nitro car has an aluminum chassis. But its less "rough and tumble" than the trucks and buggies.

A few companies offer aluminum upgrades for the off road chassis, but they can get bent, rather than just flexing. Diagnosing steering issues with a crooked frame....

I've always thought it'd be cool to have an RC vehicle with a metal body... With plastic, if it breaks, you have to replace it. Metal can be welded. And I tend to not be a very good RC vehicle driver (and am now about 15 years out of practice, on top of that), so I'd need something that could withstand accidentally smacking into stuff at full speed... I figure that if my dogs aren't afraid of it, they'd like chasing it around the yard, too...

So....

This truck body got ruined today.

I was letting a spectator drive it on a public road, and he ran it up under a Buick that was going about 15mph.... Smooshed and dragged sideways about 15 yards...

Lost a battery clip, an axel nut, the body, body posts, and it threw the wheel alignment out a bit.

Fun part? I laughed it off, told the spectator guy no big deal, and talked him into buying his own from the hobby shop.

Total out of pocket expense for me: <$20 bucks if I re-use the body and just trim out the wheel wells. Just really happy I got to bring a guy into my hobby.

I use to love rc cars. The stadium trucks were my favorite...Come to think of it i did spend more on them than i did my real cars.. but i never got a speeding ticket with the rc :0) Had one that really moved a cop friend clocked my rc car at 63 mph!!! i had it geared for top speed and it was at the low side of a really smooth parking lot. Was electric too not gas. Those of you into it know how hard it is to get electric that fast... bateries only lasted about 3 minuts. If i ever get into it again ill go gas though as its just not worth it spending hours charging up hundreds of dollars in matched batteries to run for a couple minutes swap em out run some more and in less than an hour you cant play any more. With gas just top off the tank till you run out of time.

But on topic. The body looked really good and now you still have a sweet body to mess with. Get another body and have it done up even better and just us it for showing off so it stays nice. And paint it yourself it will mean so much more to you if you have the time. Infact if you dont have a lot of time it almost works better. Mask it up good then do one color every day or two it does not mater how long it takes i loved painting my bodies...gave me something to do wile charging the bateries. As for the stickers...i never realy liked them less i tore the body..if your going for a custom vehical look no stickers ... if you want a race look well you gotta get the sponsors :0)

ALways wanted to try the helicoptors but heard its a prety steep learning curve...and with what i spent on the cars i did not want to see if i could offord it..i tend to go high end or not at all. At some christmas super sale thing i was at a wile ago someone was trying to sell kits...said "you can even fly it in your living room with practice". I immagen the first attempt at that could cost 15k and a few lost weekends playing with drywall not a chopper :0)

Great hoby though i miss it but they nickle and dime you if your wreackless.

I dont wanna crush your ideas man, but Nitro is not where its at.

my truck, a Slash 4x4 will run 60+ mph on a 3s LiPo Battery with 19/54 gearing.... with the stock motor and ESC. Out of the box with the factory battery you'd looking at about 41mph.

battery would probably last some where around 15-20 minutes, and take about an hour to charge?

my Nitro TC3 car from associated can't keep up with my truck for the life of it. its out done on the brakes, on acceleration, top speed... and run time, and maintenance.

now, the down side is that each of the lipo batteries is about 60-120 dollars. I have 7 of them. and 5 NiMH batteries. and my "bottom of the line" charger is about 70 dollars. Lithium Polymer batteries require special chargers.... but man! they will run and run and run.

New Body is back....

DSCN0647.jpg

very similar looking. different style, but with number plates and faux body rivets.

DSCN0652.jpg

this is how the original body looks these days.

more importantly.... the GF got her a new body also.

DSCN0643.jpg

DSCN0645.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg