LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depend's Brand

I have a question for those of you who buy Depend brand diapers and who like them: What exactly do you like about them--what makes you continue to come back to them as your "go to" diaper? Basically, I've already heard all of the negative critiques regarding the Depend brand, so I'd like to hear some of the positive critiques as well. I'm considering picking up a package of the Depend Colors for Men and Women, (Gray and Peach I believe are the current color schemes,) and I'd like to know what I should expect. Considering that GoodNites fit me well, and that I've never had a problem with them, I doubt I'll have the issues with leaks that some have had. Again, I'm just curious about some of the things that people like about the Depend brand.

I have a question for those of you who buy Depend brand diapers and who like them: What exactly do you like about them--what makes you continue to come back to them as your "go to" diaper?

I wear the Depend diapers. (Yes, Kimberly-Clark, I said "diapers". That's what they are no matter how much you want to call them the latest marketing tongue twister.) I love them because:

1) They're plastic-backed.

2) They're relatively easy to find.

3) They crinkle lots, because they're plastic-backed.

4) They're relatively inexpensive.

5) Did I mention they're plastic-backed?

I can get them on sale at K-Mart for $12 a pack of 20. That makes them 60-cents each. Use about 4-5 a day, for a total cost of $2.40-$3.00 for the day. I've tried other plastic-backed diapers like Molicares and Abena M-3s, and there's definitely something to be said about the thickness of them! But when it comes down to using them, I can't see wearing a wet diaper for more than a few hours without all sorts of skin problems. Even if I only wore 3 a day, they would have to cost only $1.00 or so each to be worth it. And most of em are lots more than that.

Which is why I love Depends. They're the best of the cheap, easy-to-find plastic-backed diapers you can get at my local stores without having to shop online and wait for delivery. Oh wait, in my area, they're the ONLY plastic-backed diapers you can get at local stores...

--Floaty

I'm with floaty boy on this one. I never have trouble with leaks because I don't flood a diaper and I don't have to wait until it's sagging down to my knees to change it. I'm not knocking the premium brands, I buy and use them too but for everyday use for me Depends work great and you can't beat the plastic backing for texture and sound.

Hugs,

Freta

I also agree....They are usually easy to find. Relatively cheap, plastic backed, discreet yet crinkly, and I really like how they fit.

but speaking of being easy to find is Walmart no longer carrying the fitted maximum protection? Last time I was at a store I couldn't find any and all that is listed online is a pack of four that you can order, nothing in store.

Maybe it's regional, but the Depends Max are on sale again at CVS for $12 a pack, but if you buy them you get a coupon for $2 off your next purchase, so eventually $10 for a single pack. You only get the coupon once tho, so not the best bulk deal.

Also, I ended up getting a pack of those new bag design Depend Max (Large).. same exact diaper inside as the old bag. They only had the "tabs" variant in S/M so I haven't checked those out yet.

Also, I ended up getting a pack of those new bag design Depend Max (Large).. same exact diaper inside as the old bag. They only had the "tabs" variant in S/M so I haven't checked those out yet.

I've tried the "tabs" in S\M and the are the same exact diaper as well. some one in marketing must have been bored.

I too have had problems finding Max Protection (or equivalent) locally for the past year or so. I've also NOT seen any of the Depend brand boosters in about a year! I've checked walmart, wal greens, CVS, etc.

What I like about depend is their fit. They are really comfortable to wear to bed, and as long as you have a good booster, they really aren't horrible in the leak dept. I do think that while they have a lower total capacity, they do tend to suck up the wet better than any other diaper I've worn. The things just suck away the water the instant it hits the diaper. I wish they could incorporate this kind of technology, but with Bambino's total capacity! I like to go back to Depend once and a while just for fun.

I too have had problems finding Max Protection (or equivalent) locally for the past year or so. I've also NOT seen any of the Depend brand boosters in about a year! I've checked walmart, wal greens, CVS, etc.

What I like about depend is their fit. They are really comfortable to wear to bed, and as long as you have a good booster, they really aren't horrible in the leak dept. I do think that while they have a lower total capacity, they do tend to suck up the wet better than any other diaper I've worn. The things just suck away the water the instant it hits the diaper. I wish they could incorporate this kind of technology, but with Bambino's total capacity! I like to go back to Depend once and a while just for fun.

I agree completely. I love the capacity of secure x-plus (which i believe is basically the same diaper as a bambino) but the fit isn't all that great-on me at least. With Depend I love the fit. They are very comfortable and while the capacity isn't great as long as you don't flood it and change regularly they really aren't bad.

The ultimate diaper, in my opinion, would be one with the capacity of secure x-plus\Bambino with the fit of Depend.

As for Depend Boost I don't think they make them anymore (they are not listed on the depend website).

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it just me or have the tapes on the Depends Max degraded a bit? When I first was using them even just a few months ago, when I stuck the tapes down, they were glued permanently, and removing them left holes in the plastic. Now, I have the tapes peeling off sometimes.

haven't noticed any tape problems. Like you said, they usually tear the thing open when I try to remove them. The only time I notice that I can have tape problems is when I'm too careless, or my hands are a little sweaty, if I rub my hand or forearm on the front of the diaper on accident I have problems with the tapes popping off and not staying stuck.

• 1 month later...

I just bought Depend Maximum Protection for the first time, and after wearing and wetting three of them I...

- like the improved absorbency. I wet them A LOT, yet they seemed to hold more than their predecessors.

- hate the new tape. It's too adhesive. Depends used to be great for refastening; try refastening these without sufficient care and you'll have to change into a new diaper.

I'm a Depends guy, so I'm reasonably happy with these. But the tape needs to be fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

The very first diapers I had ever bought were Depends Maximum Protection. Since they were my first, I thought they were the best thing out there, but ever since then I've experimented with almost every type of diaper from Abena to Tena, SecureX and LilFit. After trying all these I was sure that Depends were the worst of all, and had never bought them again until tonight. But I gotta say, there not all that bad! They've changed quite a bit since I had first bought them, both in look and in fit. The look is actually kinda nice and the most baby-like of all the ones I've ever tried, although personally I'm not all that into the AB-side. And this fit is actually way more comfortable than I remember, and (I wear a S/M). As for absorbency, I can't say definitively how much they've improved, but I've been wearing this one for a good hour and a half with about 2 solid wetting and so far so good! I'm sure they're still nothing compared to Abena M4's in terms of absorbency, but nevertheless I'm a fan of Depend's once again!

Ok ok. So I'm still a fan after having changed outta the first diaper, but I remembered the worst thing about Depends, the tapes!! When I tried taking it off the tapes practically ripped apart the whole diaper! I guess its not that big of a deal really, but its something I've never really experienced with the premium brands. Anyhow I wore it for a good 2 hours and gave it some pretty thorough wettings without any leaks so thats a plus. It could have probably lasted 1 or 2 more wettings, but I changed into a new one for bed :). Oh and also a plus - its got two waistbands! Don't think it had those last time I wore these.

I kinda like that theres three of them on each side, although I haven't figured out how to tape em quite right yet. Which kinda blows cause yeah once they're stuck, they're stuck for good! Haven't experienced a random pop-off yet, though I'm headed to bed so i'll see how they handle my restless toss-n-turns :rolleyes:.

The "Depends Maximum" I bought last week are now called "Depends Protection with tabs" :huh: I wish they would stop changing the names of their products! The tapes on this bag don't stick as well as the last two did, but a few tore the plastic on removal. One popped off on the last one but I may have contaminated the surface. With the previous two bags (both marked "Maximum" and apparently the same diaper) once a tape touched that was it- there was no moving a thing after that without tearing the plastic :mellow: Yes, that can be a problem till you learn where to tape, but it beats having your diaper fall off when you're soaked :whistling: Overall I really like these, just don't expect a premium diaper at this price ;)

I start by folding the top down inside to the padding to get a better fit under my tummy :blush: Then I tape the bottoms slightly up, the top straight across, and the same for the middles. YMMV here because body shaoes vary, but I always get a better, less leaky leg fit by starting there no matter which diaper I'm wearing. Since the elastic in front isn't there when I fold it I can't say how well that works but it seems about right. No other issues to complain of here. I'm wearing these more often away fromk work lately because I love plastic backing and sometimes I also love feeling 'locked in' and having no easy ability to easily pull my diaper down to pee like I do with my work pull-ups (which are also made by Depends) B) Both products have been consistent in their absorbency for me over the few months I've been using them which matters when you're out in the real world wetting and not wanting a leak. I have torn the sides of two pull-ups by being too hasty pulling them on :angel_not: because they are a 'tear-off' design; the same thing has happened with other brands too. With this being the last readily-available-at-retail plastic backed diaper I hope they don't decide to 'go cloth' like the other retail brands. If we buy enough of them, maybe they won't!

Bettypooh

After spending the night in these new Depends I'm still a fan! I actually wet myself last night, and managed to go through the night without a leak, however, I did wake up having to pee a little more and the diaper ended up leaking. The tapes stuck like glue throughout the night, and thats saying a lot considering how much I toss and turn. I'd say my all time favourite diaper in every category was the SecureX Plus, but the tapes on those would tend to move or peel off when I wore them through the night, so Depends beat them in that respect.

I've since changed into a new one, and have worn it for a while after having drank two large coffees, though I can sense a change coming soon. I'll try your taping method on the next one Bettypooh! So far I tend to tape it more snug on one side, its really weird with three tapes, but like I said earlier I kind of like that it has that many.

Also, the crinkle! These diapers are pretty loud, so if you like that these are perfect. I like a more discreet diaper, and i'm satisfied with these depends because they compensate the crinkle factor with a pretty thin diaper, so in terms of discreetness you can hardly notice I'm wearing them, that is unless you hear that crinkle :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

i picked up a pack of the max protection ones, dont seem that bad, definitly not the quality ive had before (i spoiled myself with abena m4's...) but right now cant get an order shipped to me so i settled on some depends. dont have the thickness i love but better then nothing. plus the price is a bit easier to swallow.

I have great luck with depends even better with a booster I can pee two times without a booster and at least three with one I recently bought bambinos and found that after two wettings if I try for the third that I will leak I have noticed that all of the wicking goes to the front and nothing to the back I was not too happy I leaked all over my couch pillow.