LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Phycologist/Counselor

After I was diagnosed with infantilism by a psychiatrist I saw a psychologist every week for two years, and my psychiatrist once a month. Neither ever tried to talk me out of the extra diapers I wore during the day, or the infantile clothing I chose to wear. They were both supportive and helped me deal with the root cause and brought some healing. I still go into full baby mode when I have a flashback or wake up from the nightmare. I have between four and six flashbacks during the week on average, and the nightmare just about every night. However, I don't always wake up now. Meds are helping with that. I still see the psychologist four times a year and look forward to those visits.

I have also went to counciling the first time to save my marrige .Funny thing was every therapist that i saw either did not care or really could not help me .This lack of insight or soluotion to my problem made my wife think i was lying or not being honest with the therapist, my marrige also ended .The second time was for my own personal demons .Theses sessions worked fairly well but i still wear diapers :thumbsup:

• Like 1
Guest Saturnine

I have also went to counciling the first time to save my marrige .Funny thing was every therapist that i saw either did not care or really could not help me .This lack of insight or soluotion to my problem made my wife think i was lying or not being honest with the therapist, my marrige also ended .The second time was for my own personal demons .Theses sessions worked fairly well but i still wear diapers :thumbsup:

Well that sucks. It's unfair your marriage ended on account of lack of professionalism on the therapist's behalf. You should have taken steps to avoid divorce if it were simply a case of bad therapy.

I guess in the end, if we have pampered butts, we're okay.

Guest Saturnine

it may not have been a bad case of therapy but rather the therapist saw no issues in the individual that would cause a break up of the marriage...

Well it's your responsibility to let the therapist know there ARE issues that may ruin the marriage. Psychologists are not gods, and they can't read your mind. You have to put effort in to let the therapist know something is wrong, not just sit back and listen to what they say, and say "oh well marriage is over". Effort, my dear pascal, effort. Iwon't say it'syour fault the marriage ended, but maybe you could have tried a little more to let the therapist know something is wrong.

what i was saying is that... the issue probably wasn't that he wore diapers, but the issue rested entirely with his WIFE and her issues with him wearing diapers.. therefore the therapist could do nothing to help a marriage when the issue and the person with the issue is not present.... the therapist may have realized that the wife was just using the person's diaper wearing as an excuse and thus could not do much to help the marriage without the other party who had the issue, in this case the wife, willing to admit SHE has the problem, not him...

• Like 1

what i was saying is that... the issue probably wasn't that he wore diapers, but the issue rested entirely with his WIFE and her issues with him wearing diapers.. therefore the therapist could do nothing to help a marriage when the issue and the person with the issue is not present.... the therapist may have realized that the wife was just using the person's diaper wearing as an excuse and thus could not do much to help the marriage without the other party who had the issue, in this case the wife, willing to admit SHE has the problem, not him...

Thank you Sarah!! the way you put it was pretty much the way it was .Also let me put it that i was also far from perfect in this situation but i gave it my all to try to save my marraige,and not as saturnine might have suggested that i let go of it like a dirty diaper <_<
  • 1 month later...

I went to see a psychologist a year ago for my TG side of myself which i had a REALLY hard time accepting, and i basically told her pretty much everything about me including the ab/dl part of me (thinking that the more info i gave her the more she could help me). She seemed interested in the whole scene and asked a few question to know if i saw this as being positive or negative and if it was affecting my life in anyway. Once i told her it was super positive and i felt really happy in a thick diaper she moved on to other things without once coming back to that topic.

In reality psychologist are trained to put their morals and beliefs aside when helping a client with something (good psychologist anyways).

So have no fear of telling your secret to the psych because she/he won't judge you or laugh at you.

:hacker::smiley-baby-boy:

Haven't gone to a therapist but don't think right now it'd do any good anyways. My wife and I have compramised to a level of when I can wear and she has been becoming more and more tolerant of me wearing whenever I want to. To me, marriage has it's compramises. We couldn't possibly agree on everything so there's always going to be a little give and take. It's like when you also may do your partner a sexual favor that you don't really care for but know they like, you do it in somewhat hopes they'll return the favor for something they're not big on.

Now granted there are things that are just NO, I'm not doing that and I understand that for certain issues like sexual things because it's your body. The difference for diaper fetishes is it doesn't have to involve the other person at all. Your spouse doesn't have to be involved at all basically but if you're throwing it in their face 24/7 then that's not right either. You can come up with some sort of compramise like, wear and do whatever when I'm gone as long as I don't see it and don't push the issue or talk to me about it. Could work for some and others maybe more open to more compramise as to what they're comfortable having you do around them.

Now, a shrink could say to your spouse, this isn't a big deal really. It harms no one and you should learn to deal with it and come to some sort of happy medium. That's about all they're trying to do is get you to get along with any means they can. Hypnosis, drugs, talking it out, whatever. The truth of the matter is though, your spouse or partner does NOT have to compramise. You DON'T have to give in as you may feel this is not what you want out of a relationship to have to deal with this issue and would rather walk away. There's little changing that. I'm sure we've all done it when dating for many, many, many other much simpler issues than a fetish.

I feel there's no reason to talk to a shrink. My wife and I can work this out on our own. Often times the only reason I feel people go to a shrink for marriage is because each of them think they're right and want the shrink to tell them and their spouse that. They're just the middle man with a mild opinion at times but are often just there to have you talk to each other without it getting out of control.

If you're going to a shrink for your own good then the only reason I'd see them saying you have an issue is if it's affecting your personal life. If not, who cares then unless you feel it's a major enough issue. They may just convince you otherwise though.

• Like 1

Typically, the reason that one goes to a shrink is to deal with a problem. If you mention diapers or something else, they may figure that that's part of the problem. I'm seeing a shrink for social anxiety and absolutely nothing related to my personal life has come up, because that's not the problem. The problem is my public life... Or, lack thereof...

you put this quite well... if you bring something up in therapy, they therapist will most likely assume you are bringing it up because you have some 'issue' with it.... however minor it may be.

I see a psychiatrist like twice a year for medication management due to ocd. But as diapers and ab stuff have nothing to do with my ocd theres no need to discuss it... so if you don't feel the need to discuss something with a therapist, then don't bring it up.. and if you are only bringing it up for 'acceptance' well thats just silly... a therapists job is not to accept you so you can accept yourself, but to help you accept yourself regardless of what other people think...

• Like 1

you put this quite well... if you bring something up in therapy, they therapist will most likely assume you are bringing it up because you have some 'issue' with it.... however minor it may be.

I see a psychiatrist like twice a year for medication management due to ocd. But as diapers and ab stuff have nothing to do with my ocd theres no need to discuss it... so if you don't feel the need to discuss something with a therapist, then don't bring it up.. and if you are only bringing it up for 'acceptance' well thats just silly... a therapists job is not to accept you so you can accept yourself, but to help you accept yourself regardless of what other people think...

There are a lot of people who have some sort of guilt or shame over their "interests" that they hold subconsciously. Maybe they think that by brining it up with a therapist they can get some kind of reassurance on it. But yeah, like you said: that's no their job.

There were only a couple of sessions with the marriage counselor - she identified a number of issues my wife had with herself and her past, and seemed to feel that my infantilism was only providing my wife with a convenient trigger for questioning our relationship. Our marriage ended a few months later.

If not the diapers it would have been something else.

I am an ab/dl who is a firm believer in seeing a therapist if you have any "issues" what so ever with your infantilism. My work in therapy has done amazing stuff for me and my infantilism. I am not going to take the time to type that all out right here but if you have any questions on my experience please message me.

• 3 weeks later...

You may be right, sarah. Her (wife's shrink) offered to do couple's counselling with us. Even before I'd heard this reaction, I was hesitant and my shrink said NO...need an independent person. I think I might stand a better chance that way.

If you ever decided to see your wife's shrink for couples counceling, I would suggest a session with her shrink alone before you bring your wife. Test the waters.

I've been to a few counceling sessions, touched on diapers now and then, but never really got into it and never was seen as a big problem. I plan to see a counceling psychologist here soon to discuss the lifestyle in greater detail. My biggest concern is to be prepared to share this part of my life with a future partner, and having thought out and prepared for all of the potential issues. The counceling psychologist I will see is a family friend and I know her well enough that she wouldn't have a negative reaction to me being into diapers. I trust already that it will be a constructive session and that if needed, I could go to her for couples counceling to sort out the diaper stuff once in a relationship. I want to prepare to sort this all out and talk it all through extensively with a partner before I marry her.

Guest diaperboykcmo

Just wondering if people have spoken to counselor about your diaper life and what is the reaction from them? Are they supportive of it or do they try and fix you of diapers?

Mine has told me, as long as it dosen't hurt anyone and control my life. It's all good. I'm still hoping, I could tell a female shrink and she would suggest regressive therapy lol.

I started seeing one more than 10 years ago. Basically I was a teenager, and totally freaked out about all aspects of my sexuality. For a while I thought my orientation was diapers... it was a long time before I realized I was into girls too and recognized my crushes for what they were. Anyway I confessed my diapers to my parents (who said "fine, but we don't want any part in it") and they said you can see the Dr. more (I was at the time visiting him for ADHD treatment, I think).

It wasn't a "go to therapy to cure you" kind of thing, though as insecure and a mess as I was, I wished I could be "cured". There were a lot of sessions... Many years later I noticed the diagnosis he was treating me for was anxiety-related (he was never "treating" the diapers!). Truth be told he told taught me a lot of things and really helped me sort out a very confused period in my life when I was, really, deeply anxious about everything.

He never really told me "yes, you should" or "no you shouldn't". It was more why is this causing you so much anxiety, why do you feel so much pressure... part what helped me (strange as this may sound) was learning to masturbate and having some outlet for the sexual pressure I felt.