LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Possible Down Time 2

DailyDi

Tired of worrying about this computer, so I took out a short term loan to finish off my computer fund. Going to start shopping for the right model tomorrow. So long-term downtime is no longer likely... might be offline for a day or two to move everything.

It's rebooted 3 times today and if it goes out on me I'm in trouble as I am self-employed and earn all my income from home. Stressing me out so just going to get it done!

Tired of worrying about this computer, so I took out a short term loan to finish off my computer fund. Going to start shopping for the right model tomorrow. So long-term downtime is no longer likely... might be offline for a day or two to move everything.

It's rebooted 3 times today and if it goes out on me I'm in trouble as I am self-employed and earn all my income from home. Stressing me out so just going to get it done!

Gotcha, keep us informed. I had a real nice system I just let go for a steal to the other day..Damn it!

Any downtime should be minimal, most of my day-to-day files are already on an external drive. Just got to install all the software again.

Budgeting for around $1500 for a system that will be upgradeable and hopefully keep me running for a couple years.

Do the specs and reviews on the new UPS now that you know what you're facing. It's an unusual situation that calls for an unusual answer ;) Also look into battery replacement cost; it seems some models use odd batteries that cost a bundle :angry: Some of those have room for a cheaper alternative and some don't :rolleyes: In your case, you may need replacements more often than the average user does. Kudos on getting good stuff for the job- you can only be as good as your tools and no better B)

Bettypooh

Found a kick-ass deal on a PC and mega monitor. Working on software now and moving my office (use my new desk) to fit the new set-up. Should be back tomorrow for chat, sunday/monday for update.

I have 2 laptops, but I hate trying to do site updates on them.

Office is almost done. Computer works great. Went with an HP setup that doesn't draw the kind of power my old one did. Core i7 (quad) 2.8ghz, 8GB Ram, 1TB Hard Drive, 1GB Radeon Video Card, Blue Ray Drive, DVD Burner, and a 27" High Def monitor.

Sounds Sweet!!! The system I got rid of was a Quad or actually a twin duo, think it was running 3.2 gig, 4 gig, mem. A total of 1.5 terrra on the drives, twin DVD burners one drive played blue ray the other was lightscribe. Had built in TV tuner and capture card Video out, and in HDMI. 7 Channel surround sound. All the card readers and other bells and whistles, Windows 7 Ultimate. Old school 19"CRT Sony monitor. Sold it to a friend for (Don't shoot me) $250. Encoding movies on mine takes about 1.5 hours, this one did it in 16 minutes. I guess I'm too good of a friend :)