LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adaptive Clothing

Just curious if any members here wear adaptive clothing, for example, shorts or pants with snaps in the crotch to aid in easier diaper changes. I am a DL an am considering just this. I know of at least one manufacturer that can hide the snaps so they are not readily seen.

Guest YkDave

x2 on that...

I dont see how removing your own pants/shorts could ever be than much of an issue. If it is, then you probably couldnt change your own azz anyways!

I also dont see how it could be any more babyish neither, maybe its just me but ive never seen kids pants/shorts with a snap crotch...? its easier to just remove the piece of clothing that mess around with snaps!

Guest rosemonde10

I understand OP's intention. Having snap on shorts or "adaptive" clothing makes diaper changes easier for the person for reasons other than physical restraint. I can imagine if one were in a tight, time senstive spot, having snap crotch bottoms could be convenient for super fast diaper changes.

However I have no need for any of that. I don't find it too difficult changing diapers throughout the day. As long as you have your diaper bag and diaper essentials like powder and wipes, you should be fine.

Ok, here is why snap crotch shorts might be a good idea for quick changes. People who wear those pull on disposable underpants! It might be quicker or easier to just pop a few snaps, then pull off the disposable underpants and put fresh ones on without having to actually take off your shorts all the way. With actual diapers, I could see that snap shorts would be a detrement as opposed to an asset. You can easily just pull down your shorts to untape a diaper and retape another fresh diaper on without having to take the shorts off compleatly. If you had snaps in the legs of your shorts, that might help someone who was changing you but I think it would still be better for a changer to just pull your shorts down instead and then change your diaper.

I always diaper myself standing up and if I had to unsnap the crotch of my shorts, I would then have to find a way to hold both the front and back of them up above my waist as I was trying to put on and tape a fresh diaper. I think that would be too hard and the unsnapped shorts would just get in the way. Even if I put on my diaper laying down, I would have to make sure the back of the shorts was up high enough above my waist in back so as not to get tangled up in my diaper. I like high waisted diapers and if the waistband of my shorts got in the way, I might not tape the diaper on peoperly or high enough to properly fit. In the front, the same thing. I'd have the front of my shorts above my waist laying on my belly and chest as I tried to tape on my diaper. If I turn one way or the other or had to raise up a little to attache a tape, I'm sure the front of my shorts would slide around.

Snap crotch shorts sound cool and fun, but aside from pull on disposable underpants, I just don't think they are practical for diaper changes.

Snap crotch shorts sound cool and fun, but aside from pull on disposable underpants, I just don't think they are practical for diaper changes.

Snap crotch pants may sound convenient however it doesn't work that well. The snaps are not that tough usually and will wear out quickly. There is also the problem if one or two decide to unsnap, you will probably not notice as its not in the easiest area for you to see. I've never tried them but considered the pros/cons of such clothes.

The only adaptive type clothing I use are onsies. They do any excellent job of keeping diapers tucked in and not pooking out the back of the pants.

About "adaptive clothing" if the fastening systems do not work and last a long time, that is shoddy design and fabrication. Actually functional adaptive clothing is designed so that the person wearing it can dress without the help of a care giver. Since the introduction of Velcro, the problem of buttons and snaps has gone away.

Like many incontinent people I almost always wear a plain Onesies when my outfit should look as if I am wearing a T-shirt. All the Onesies I own were designed by my youngest sister Missy. Unlike the original Gerber Onesies for kids, the Onesies Missy makes have a longer back flap that fastens near the waist in front. That is easier for us to use when changing ourselves and also easier when we are in a more AB mood playing with a willing babysitter. Missy has made us variations of the Onesies with attached skirts. Missy calls those "Sunnysuits" and the skirt hides the fastening Velcro. The rompers Missy makes us appear to have attached shorts. Actually the bottom part of the rompers is made from a different fabric than is the shirt. The fastening of the flap is disguised and not entirely hidden.

The same is true of the Overalls and Shortalls Missy makes. On the outside of the flap she sews on part of a snap, which disguises the Velcro that actually does the fastening.

Several makers of adaptive clothing are using Missy's designs.

About the only other article of clothing I wear besides my onesies with snaps are those tear away pants with the snaps down both sides. I for one do not like messy diapers, unfortunately I get very little warning that I need to until desides to come out. With those pants, as I am running to the bathroom, I just grab the sides and yank, whole thing is off, yank open my onesie grab the the Velcro on the sides, and I am done, all within about 10 to 15 seconds. I have an external hemeroid at the sphincter and if that gets irritated I start leaking blood so I avoid messy diapers like the plague.

I don't understand the point.

Because you are changing your own diapers? :glare:

OP: I like the idea, but most adaptive clothing is the opposite of cute. I don't think that I would ever bother on account of the ugly factor. I guess that's just one more reason I should learn how to tailor my own clothes.

Guest rosemonde10

I do not mean to offen anyone at all with this statement, but some people my associate "snap crotch shorts" and "adaptive clothing" to mentall challenged individuals.

I must say though, you have coined the term "adaptive clothing".

Like "wardrobe malfuntion."