LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Washing Diapers

I was looking around Facebook when I saw an ad for Rockin Green Diaper cleaner,so I figured I'd try something new. I'm not an employee, just a diaper lover who likes clean diapers. Well here's my review:

The package has directions on how to soak your diapers and get them smelling fresh before you wash them and it works great. After soaking for an hour all the smell of pee was gone from the wash. I could open the washer lid and my eyes didn't burn. There wasn't sudsy soap floating around in the washer and the water actually felt smooth and clean. So I rinsed them and washed them a second time just to make sure they were clean. I wasn't sure they were clean nor did I trust the new product but it worked great. So this morning my diapers do smell like ammonia but not as bad as usual. They actually smell clean and not like a wet diaper thats been soaking in the sun for ever. Don't get me wrong, they still smell like diapers, there is no doubt about that, but they are more enjoyable to smell than some mornings. I can't wait to try washing them a second time and see how much better they smell.

It's cheap enough that I bought a few packs to try, see what you think.

I was looking around Facebook when I saw an ad for Rockin Green Diaper cleaner,so I figured I'd try something new. I'm not an employee, just a diaper lover who likes clean diapers. Well here's my review:

The package has directions on how to soak your diapers and get them smelling fresh before you wash them and it works great. After soaking for an hour all the smell of pee was gone from the wash. I could open the washer lid and my eyes didn't burn. There wasn't sudsy soap floating around in the washer and the water actually felt smooth and clean. So I rinsed them and washed them a second time just to make sure they were clean. I wasn't sure they were clean nor did I trust the new product but it worked great. So this morning my diapers do smell like ammonia but not as bad as usual. They actually smell clean and not like a wet diaper thats been soaking in the sun for ever. Don't get me wrong, they still smell like diapers, there is no doubt about that, but they are more enjoyable to smell than some mornings. I can't wait to try washing them a second time and see how much better they smell.

It's cheap enough that I bought a few packs to try, see what you think.

If your diapers are still smelling like ammonia after washing them then your not useing the right soap.I have been wearing cloth diapers for over 40 years and mine never smell after washing.

I hear that while vinegar in the wash also helps with odors, like stinky diapers and such. I think it's llike 1/2 cup or something to help eliminate any smells.

plus that rockin green detergent is available through a predominant advertiser posted at the top of every page on this site amaz-something or nother :P

Guest rosemonde10

Axe body spray works wonders. Please do not assume only guys use Axe. Despite what the commercials depict, the fact is Axe is a good masking chemical that I and other women do use for various reasons. Anyway, axe is a good smell eliminator. If after all this your nappy still reeks of ammonia, simple spritz some Axe into it.

I don't know how well it works on nappies. I only wear disposables. And those, as you may know, can't be "washed".

Actually, as I have learned, washing diapers is a 2 step process....or 3 step if you count letting them soak or sit in either a wet pail or 'dry' pail. first off I take mine and run them through a rinse cycle only, this just uses water to dilute and rinse out what ever is in the diapers, usually pee. Then I run the wash cycle, which is where I add detergent. the soap gets rid of body oils and what ever else may be in the fabric of the diapers, and should also eliminate odors also, so by the end of the wash, they should be clean through and through, not counting any stains that happened to occur, from other things :whistling:

Then they go into the dryer on 'hi heat' to dry, or if you are lucky, hang outside on the line to dry in the sun, which kills any residual bacteria etc and leaves them fresh smelling.

If they still smell after washing, something is wrong!

Don't waste your money on some gimmick product.

Add a bit of vinegar to the wash water and let your cloth diapers soak for at least 10 minutes before the wash cycle begins. That will get rid of the smell just as well as some kind of fancy detergent.

I put a load of diapers in the wash set on rinse and run them through twice, then wash in hot water with a little oxyclean for a few minutes and turn off the wash cycle and let them soak for half an hour or so. Adding a tablespoon or two of fragerence-free detergent, the diapers are washed and rinced, Finally, a last rinse with a cup of white vinegar. Clean, white, fresh smelling and they dry as if I had added fabric softener (never do).

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

WOW!!!

Thanks you guys sure have some good ideas, thanks.

My problem that I'm trying to deal with is waking up in the morning with my diapers burning me. The only sure fire way I've found to solve this is to use bleach and then hang them out to dry in the sun. But wait... Bleach isn't good for diapers, it kills them!!! So I'm trying new things to get it right. I like all the good ideas and I will have to try them all. It's not that my diapers smell coming out of the laundry, it's the smell in the morning.

Any thoughts?