LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depression And It'S Effects

With the feelings of depression -- some depressions have a biological cause, e.g. post-viral depression, post natal depression. Since you don't always know your body/immune system is fighting a virus, it's not easy to be sure this isn't the reason you feel depressed. I had a partic. bad attack which turned out to be mainly the 'flu virus which kept me off work for weeks. I wasn't quite 'right' for about 3 years, yes, three years. 'Flu is one of the world's biggest killers, more in fact than the number killed in the 1st. world war, around that time 'flu reputed to have done for about 180 million souls. I don't think the doctor had any real idea what was going on, I felt so alone about it all. I had to gradually work it out for myself, and there was no helpful internet and Google.

Please understand I do know about other kinds of depressions, and that I'm not demeaning the severity and misery they cause. One thing I learned about this was the huge number of causes of depressions, almost as many as there were sufferers!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I ever qualified as quite right. I've been sick in some way, shape or form since birth. Physical trauma breeds psychological trauma so if you are sickly, chances are it's going to affect your mood.

Clinical depression is not about "mood"- it's a physical disease that shows symptoms in one's moods <_< Feeling depressed at times is part of human life- we can learn to get over that :) Being depressed as an illness usually cannot be overcome through willpower alone :(

This is where most people lose their understanding of Clinical Depression- they think you can help yourself when you can't :crybaby:

The symptoms may be the same, but there is a big difference here. It's hard, but not impossible, to understand when you don't have the disease yourself. How do you overcome something when you cannot find the cause? You can't :o That's the effects of Clinical Depression in a nutshell- you know there's a problem somewhere but you can't identify it or find a way to fix it :crybaby: There's no shame in needing help- nobody gets through this life without that ;)

Like many diseases this one has many factors which affect it- physical and mental trauma being on that list. If anything is having an adverse affect on you and you can't seem to deal with it alone, seek help :thumbsup: Clinical Depression is treatable. Help is out there if you'll seek it, but you have to do that part on your own- once you clear that hurdle life becomes better :biker_h4h: Shared burdens are lighter burdens- that's why we're all here on this thread.

Bettypooh

I don't agree that one cannot help themselves. Granted I got through my depression because of a spiritual awakening, however to say that the only way to get past it is by taking psychiatric drugs is foolishness. There are those who learn to live with it as I did and those who can't and need treatment; that is fine. there is no one answer to psychological turmoil, what works for one may not for another. I look at Mia and myself, she is still dealing with events that happened 25 years ago and whenever something triggers her she has a complete meltdown over it. I deal with physical and emotional scars from things that have happened, however I don't trigger and I don't run from my problems, I deal with them. It doesn't make me any better, it just means that I'm stronger than her when it comes to that. I can't deal with driving through nyc and she can, she handles road conditions better than I do. We all handle things differently, it's part of what makes each of us people. Look at the dude from the movie, "A Beautiful Mind", he learned to deal with his delusions, it doesn't mean everyone will. We all need to realize the point in which we hit our max and learn to get help when we're there.