LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cutting It Close

I've never been a bank balance watcher. I try to keep at least $100 or 2 in there for emergencies, but in general I don't keep tabs on the balance or track my receipts. Went online this morning and found my balance is now $5.45 one more charge and I'd of been overdrawn! Paycheck going in today, but it means I can't spend anything this week to restore my buffer balance.

I so hate the "holy crap that's it" feeling. I bought too many pacifiers and clothes last month so I'm doing the same and not spending this month.

(Sarcasm) The iPhone 4 couldn't have ANYTHING to do with this, right? RIGHT? It's not like Apple charges you an incredible amount of money for a piece of glass and metal that doesn't even work properly... Apple couldn't think of that. (/sarcasm)

Actually no. Sold my old iPhone for $300 bought the new one for $300... and it works just fine as I was smart enough to buy a bumper and not whine :)

Has more to do with a recent addiction to a new Jewish deli in town. Me likey brisket.

Actually no. Sold my old iPhone for $300 bought the new one for $300... and it works just fine as I was smart enough to buy a bumper and not whine :)

Has more to do with a recent addiction to a new Jewish deli in town. Me likey brisket.

Just so you know you can ask for a rebate for the bumber since there has been problems with the I-phone.

Heard that today, don't think I am going to ask for the refund tho... I think the folks who spent $300 on a glass phone and refuse to spend $30 to protect it are nuts. Especially in my case since I tend to be shaky anyway.

I'm a random wind storm... shaky shaky.

• Like 1

i just got two overdraft fee's a few days ago from downloading an iphone app and some food also (so like $10 total and got hit for $70 overdraft) need to get it knocked down, but i hate when that sh*t happens... rather deal with the scene "excuse me sir, your card has been declined" because i have others....

yeah i just figured out you could opted out of overdraft now....

I'm opting out now, but my bank has actually been good about waiving the first two overdraft fees anytime it has come up. Nothing pending right now, so should get by without going under zero this time.

Or, you can be like me and live cheap. No smart phone, no high-speed internet, no caller ID, no expensive foods, don't go anywhere you don't have to go, don't leave light on, etc.

I learned math in school ^_^ then after paying Sears the min. payment over a year on $400 balance & it grew $50-70 more :angry: .I got a loan (to paid Sears in full)& paid it off in 3 months.:P Then I learned to use the math I got in school better...LOL.... :P to Sears credit card.

MOST people could benefit from the advice of Dave Ramsey. Live like no one else while young so that you can live like no one else when retired. For go all but the necessities until you are debt free then pay cash or don't buy it. Heard his advice a two years ago but didn't need it. I retired at 55, haven't had a loan of any kind for 20 years. Own our home, travel when we want, and buy what we want. Saving now for a newer F-250 to replace my wifes '97 expidetion. It should take less than a year. We worked hard, saved, and by the way we are both blue-collar workers. It is amazing how much more you can save when you are not paying interest.

I will get off my soap box now and change my diaper.

I am not a good record keeper, but check my account balances every few days, to look for anything that looks fishy, know where I stand. I don't use checks just debit card and online bill pay so the balance shown is very accurate. I work for tips as well as a paycheck, so I can generally replenish money on a daily basis. I don't spend a lot of money sticking to essentials and buy most things 2nd hand. I built a pretty good diaper stash from from samples and thrift store scores.

I've belonged to a credit union for almost 40 years. I've had my occasional bank checking account too. Our current credit union has an overdraft protection feature that eliminates any fees. We have a $1500 line of credit that automatically makes a small payment to cover the overdraft and we then are notified of the event. I can transfer money to pay off the loan at any time. I usually just get the overdraft when some automatic bill payment hits that I have failed to consider. The last time, the cost of the payoff was $0.43. It covered two overdraft events worth about a total of around $350. In the mail the next day came two separate notices of the overdraft loans. Total postage was more than the fee extracted by the loan.

Had this been my previous bank, I'd have covered to $40. overdraft fees, and whatever the returned check charge would have been to the folks trying to collect. So, if this doesn't help: JOIN A CREDIT UNION!

sometimes age and experience does help.

Rat

As far as credit card overdrafts, I've only had it happen twice. Now I'm working steadily to get rid of the majority of my credit card debt (about 640 bucks) and to get a new computer cuz this one's workin' mostly on a prayer.

~Luci

As far as overdraft fees go, you can generally get 1-2 a year removed. A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck, and unfortunately due to the weekends having a delay in banking many people overdraft and can't do anything about it. If you get snagged with an overdraft fee, call your bank up and as them to waiver it. Usually works, assuming it's the first time.

Guest Baby-Toa

lol i read a great joke up this with banks. Since most banks in the US have been bailed out you can normally get it waviered using that to you advantage.

I personally have opted out of overdraft fees and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

Likewise! My bank are going nuts at the moment trying to convince me to let them continue charging me when it becomes illegal for them to do it without permission. At the mo, I can't stop them doing it. From mid-August, they can't. They're going crazy with requests by mail, phone, letter, online banking, trying to get me to agree to let them 'continue this convenient service'.

Hmmm... let me see: Not enough funds to cover transaction (which is rare anyway - only happens when I f-up something). What would I like to happen:

Deny transaction, me go slightly red, walk 15ft to ATM, transfer funds (free) repeat transaction, leave.

Or:

Approve transaction, give me negative balance, charge me $36 for the 'privilege', give me even more negative balance.

No bloody way I'm giving them permission to approve NSF transactions. :rolleyes:

Anyway, add me to the 'how the hell are we going to get through this fortnight?' club - lots of unpredictable and unexpected expenses have landed at the same time this week... Vets bills, need to bail a family member stuck abroad and medical co-pays all in the tightest week of the month. Nice. Oh, and the freezer has started making funny noises :badmood:

I personally have opted out of overdraft fees and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

Amen to that. If the money ain't in the account, don't let the transaction go through. It is that simple. These crooked banks have been getting rich for years on overdraft fees. They are worse than loan sharks.

Add me to the list that opted out. I've had a credit line attached to my checking account for years that protects me from this situation. But if for some unknown or unforeseen reason my main cash account runs so low that I would have an NSF issue then I for sure want the transaction declined. I can always use my AMEX card.

Amen to that. If the money ain't in the account, don't let the transaction go through. It is that simple. These crooked banks have been getting rich for years on overdraft fees. They are worse than loan sharks.

Even better: If you don't have the money, don't spend it!