LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bridal Diapers Debunked

http://thestir.cafemom.com/beauty_style/105261/bridal_diapers_fact_or_fiction

Bridal Diapers: Fact or Fiction?

A story is sweeping the Internet right now about brides-to-be whose dresses are so complicated and ornate, they need to wear bridal diapers underneath them in case they need to go to the bathroom at any time during their big day.

As far as I can tell, it originates with Marie Claire blogger Courtney Dunlop, who claims she found bridal shops online selling diapers for the bride.

Other websites have picked up on the story and now everyone's talking about bridal diapers and who's wearing them.

But is this really a new trend among brides? Or is it just a bunch of hot (and possibly flatulent) air?

I investigated and here's what I found.

While I found one supposedly true story about a bride who ended up needing Depends for her wedding day and a message board question about a woman claiming her bridal store manager told her she sells bridal diapers all the time, I couldn't actually find any online store selling bridal diapers. And ladies, I did some serious online searching.

I believe this is one of those stories that's destined to become an online Urban Legend.

I don't doubt that there are women who've chosen to wear Depends on their big day for one reason or another. But do I believe that this is an widespread trend?

No.

Most women simply have a bridesmaid or their mom help them with their dress if they need to go to the restroom on their wedding day and are having trouble. It seems to me that that wouldn't be a very big deal.

But I'd love to know if you've heard of bridal diapers ... or if you've worn them yourself!

Give me the poop! *snicker*

I can vouch for never having worn one :P

The closest thing I've seen is a woman rubbing leather treatment into a horse's headgear with a soft patterned white cloth. That would mean she was using a BRIDLE diaper... but that's the closest I've got :)

Nice - maybe we should try and get Snopes' take on it :)

This whole bridal diaper thing is one of the craziest things I've read about in the last few years. I mean, we'd all love to think, I'm sure, that it's becoming more acceptable for non-incontinent people to wear diapers for recreational/convenience reasons but lets face it, it's not going to happen that way.

The type of bride who wears a stupidly complicated dress that was designed with no thought given to how to answer nature's call is the same type of bride who has been planning every aspect of their wedding since they were five years old. No continent, non-ABDL bride who has micromanaged every little intricate detail of their wedding is going to want to have the big day sullied by memories of peeing in a diaper. Remember that 99.9% of the population would consider that gross and/or demeaning. Just not gonna happen. Really.

And anyway, what's wrong with just asking a close friend to accompany you and help hold the dress out the way? Seems like a much simpler solution to me...

From what i know with an x wife and gf most women are not shy about peeing .IF they have to have 3 brides maids helping with their dress they are just fine with it !I think most brides would rather wear sexy underware just my opin ! :thumbsup:

well, I don't know about others but for what I know, should I one day be so lucky to get married, I most likely will wear a nappy, if for nothing else then to prevent ruining the dress. I do afterall wear one most other times, so I guess it will not feel too strange for me anyways :whistling:

I thought it was a well known fact that "Bridal Diapers" were an urban legend.

I wouldn't consider it to be a story "sweeping the internet" because the majority of postings I find about them is threads by AB/DLs asking if they are real or not.

It funny this is brought to attention. Two days ago, while I was at work, the radio station I listen to (93.3 The Planet www.newrock933.com) made mention of this same "growing trend" as they called it. It wasn't a very long discussion on it but they did take some calls and there were a few ladies that called in and said that they would most likely wear one on their wedding day.

Could be some truth to that up and rising urban legend.

I look at it like this no "normal" woman is going to admit it, so why bother. rolleyes.gif

My Wife, who a year earlier had never heard of AB/DL wore one on our wedding day. thumbsup.gif

Ya this fits in the same file as the rumor going around saying that catholic girls wear diapers for there communion.

I think it is a test to see how much crap they can get people to believe. Just my two cents worth.

My niece, aged 12, chose to wear a pull-up on her Confirmation day, as did a number of her class-mates. That was May 22nd, 2010. Also, both my nieces, when they were age 8, wore pull-ups on their Communion. Neither of the girls have ANY urinary problems, including bed-wetting etc, but they both asked for pull-ups due to the length of time that they would be spending in such large and awkward dresses. Both girls are totally unaware of this fetish.

Also, in my line of work, I have directed adults to Boots and other pharmacies for pull-ups. Currently, I have yet to encounter a male who chose to wear diapers / pull-ups (and were not AB/DL) during formal ocassi9ons like weddings etc, yet I am fully aware of numerous adult females who have purchased and worn pull-ups during ceremonies such as weddings etc. Said females have also purchased pull-ups for girls as old as 12 years of age.

In reality, consider the length of time a flower girl / bridesmade / bride has to be 'on show' , and the average time a church wedding can be (over normally an hour) and how embarrassing it would be to wet oneself, or even have to 'potty dance' while waiting! Since this is an extremely personal item for the person concerned, do you really expect those concerned to openly admit to wearing, and using such a garment on the internet?

• Like 3
Guest NaughtyAshes

Since this is an extremely personal item for the person concerned, do you really expect those concerned to openly admit to wearing, and using such a garment on the internet?

No, but I do expect lonely trolls to make up ridiculous tales about it and post it on the internet like it is a fact. ;)

• Like 4

No, but I do expect lonely trolls to make up ridiculous tales about it and post it on the internet like it is a fact. ;)

Are you accusing me of being a troll?

#1 Repaid1 states, that his WIFE, not some unknown fictions character, but the woman he knows intimately and choose to share his life with, wore a diaper on HER wedding day.

#2 I know, for certain, the girl, my niece and also MY GOD DAUGHTER, the girl I stood for, took care of, and would gladly give my live to protect, wore a pull-up on both her communion and her confirmation, as did her sister on her communion.

#3 I also know of numerous females who either have accepted pull-ups from my office, or purchased same elsewhere, for use at ceremonies.

Your current post count here is 279, and most are complaining about someone else! I have over 1,700 posts here, and most people here, except you, respect me, my opinion, and knowledge.

You are from San Jose. Are you even aware of Europe, its true history, traditions and behaviors or only what the movie industry has crammed down your throat?

NaughtyAshes, in my humble opinion, and your posts tend to agree with this, you are the troll around here.

Ohh to be 26, and to KNOW everything.

• Like 6
Guest NaughtyAshes

Are you accusing me of being a troll?

Your current post count here is 279, and most are complaining about someone else! I have over 1,700 posts here, and most people here, except you, respect me, my opinion, and knowledge.

You are from San Jose. Are you even aware of Europe, its true history, traditions and behaviors or only what the movie industry has crammed down your throat?

NaughtyAshes, in my humble opinion, and your posts tend to agree with this, you are the troll around here.

Ohh to be 26 again, and to KNOW everything.

Yes, your peni...I mean post count is bigger then mine.

• Like 3

Listen ppl, I called every bridal shop in a town of over a million. They all acted like I was plain crazy and thought that I was making a prank call each and every time.

I'm sorry, but my sense of skepsis just isn't going to take hearsay after that kind of first-hand evidence stands in contradiction.

Ohh to be 26, and to KNOW everything.

Is, "I'm older than you?" really a valid argument? I mean, we're talking about an appeal to authority at the least.

• Like 2

"#1 Repaid1 states, that his WIFE, not some unknown fictions character, but the woman he knows intimately and choose to share his life with, wore a diaper on HER wedding day."

Whoa there, It's my wife, I never said I was intimate with her fer Christ sakes, thats just...well Icky!!! tongue.gif

BTW she was wearing a Molicare super and had a tape fail. Lucky that was during the reception and she was able to excuse herself to the restroom to adjust the situation. whistling.gif

I can't imagine how much the talk around our friends would have been had that sucker dropped to her ankles during the ceremony. :huh:

For weddings, you can't count people who are incontinent, or have some form of it, or are ab/dl, pleasing someone who is or along these lines to count as someone who wore a "bridal diaper". We're talking about average Jane who has nothing to do with diapers, normal bladder function who wears a diaper on her wedding day. Does it happen, sure, well anythings possible and it would be stupid to say it "NEVER" happens but as far as bridal shops offer up this so called "bridal diaper", I have yet to here a number of true accounts to even consider it possible. A "bridal diaper" would be something the bridal shop provides. This is kind of like mythbusters where all the parts have to fit and as far as right now, I don't know of a bridal shop who is selling diapers.

As far as the communion diaper, it's not really a communion diaper. The "myth" is that they are REQUIRED by the church to wear one for their communion. If you flat out just CHOOSE to then that's up to you but that's not what the myth is about so it doesn't apply in my book. The girl that Babykeiff brought up must have more issues than that because that just seems like a strange and off the wall request for not just one but a number of 8-12 years to be asking out of the blue for diapers. Not saying it didn't happen but what normal 8-12 year old would be like "Mom, my dress is very complicated to put on and I'll be in it all day so what do you think about me wearing a diaper underneith it all day." "Sure sweety, sounds like a great idea, then you can just wet yourself through out the day whenever you feel the urge, I'll go to the store right now and spend $15 on a package of pull-ups for you right now. Are any of your other friends doing this." Yeah, come on, there's more to it than that. Does she ask for diapers all the time whenever she's in a position where she won't have access to a bathroom for a few hours? Really, how long does it take to take off a dress enough to pee and put it back on? Not toooo painfully long. Also, just because she has a diaper on doesn't mean she can just let loose. Diapers leak and require changing which requires removing the dress too. Also find it weird that babykeiff you would know all these people wore diapers to this event. What was it announced at the begginning of the communion. Maybe you're totally telling the truth but as Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense, it's not true and this doesn't make sense." so I'm going with that.

Just my take on it.

• Like 2

I'll throw my lot in with the majority, here. If it happens, it's so far in the minority as to not be a case of "bridal diapers" but more a case of a few isolated shopkeepers who have a possible solution to an issue that very few brides actually have.

So first you try and use her post count to bolster your argument(which is complete crap), then you post this? Talk about pathetic.

• Like 1

My niece, aged 12, chose to wear a pull-up on her Confirmation day, as did a number of her class-mates. That was May 22nd, 2010. Also, both my nieces, when they were age 8, wore pull-ups on their Communion. Neither of the girls have ANY urinary problems, including bed-wetting etc, but they both asked for pull-ups due to the length of time that they would be spending in such large and awkward dresses. Both girls are totally unaware of this fetish.

Also, in my line of work, I have directed adults to Boots and other pharmacies for pull-ups. Currently, I have yet to encounter a male who chose to wear diapers / pull-ups (and were not AB/DL) during formal ocassi9ons like weddings etc, yet I am fully aware of numerous adult females who have purchased and worn pull-ups during ceremonies such as weddings etc. Said females have also purchased pull-ups for girls as old as 12 years of age.

In reality, consider the length of time a flower girl / bridesmade / bride has to be 'on show' , and the average time a church wedding can be (over normally an hour) and how embarrassing it would be to wet oneself, or even have to 'potty dance' while waiting! Since this is an extremely personal item for the person concerned, do you really expect those concerned to openly admit to wearing, and using such a garment on the internet?

Baby keiff,

I do not wish to put anyone down here keiff but it appears that you may be slipping away from reality here. Lets take a look at your first paragraph. It starts . My 12 year niece chose to wear a pullup on her confirmation day. Ok though rather bazaar it is possible that it could happen. Then you go on to say that a number of her class mates did the same thing. That is where it gets hard to believe. I don't think that even one in 50 parents would allow there kid to wear a diaper in this case much less a number of her class mates.

Then, why would your nieces even think of diapers if they are not involved with them such as wetting the bed. This should never even entered their mind.

You know keiff you have to realize that anyone with an IQ at least in the double digits would find this first paragraph hard to swallow.

If you can not see what I'm getting at here buddy you need to check and see if your well is too close to the septic tank.

Again Baby keiff I'm not trying to start a war here just understand that if you wright something in here you need to say things that are at lease feasible. your credibility depends on it. peace out.

• Like 3