LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Makeup!

TDL

Hellow! Does anyone in here have any recommendations to what makeup brand would do the best? I'm looking for brands that supports any kind of makeup, not just specific parts, like eyeliner-only brands. I have sorta like a Latino colour to my skin, think Christiano Ronaldo/Nelly furtado. And I don't want anything that stands out, since I don't want to look like a drag queen. Oh, and money is not a problem.

Ok, this might be odd coming from me, as I am not a L/G or T-anything but just a straight D/L. I have mentioned here before that I was a Theater major in School with a performance emphasis. One of the classes we had to take was in theater make up, and one of our final assignments was a cross sex make up (guys to girls and girls to guys) Mine came out very well, and if I had a sister she would have been H*O*T! :P

Anyways, I mention this because we had to use a wide variety of products and learn how the were applied. For guys this is odd, since we don't normally deal with mascara and eyeliner etc.

A few things I learned was there is a BIG difference in skin texture between men and women, which has to be accounted for, and the use of color for your skin tone etc. It is the people who don't work with these and a few other factors that look like drag queens or what not in the area of make-up. I am guessing that you are looking for a natural look and appearance when finished, and I subscribe to the idea that "less is more". One of the first things you need is a good foundation or base, which neutralizes any imperfections in your skin, such as beard stubble/shadow etc.

For manufacturers, 2 that I found are great are Clinique for over all product selection ( base, eye shadow, mascara etc)

http://www.clinique.com/index.tmpl?ngextredir=1

andMAChttp://www.maccosmetics.com/shop/shop.tmpl?cm_mmc=Google-_-2010-Brand-Geo-LA_General-_-MAC-_-Exact+Ad_4464863970%7C-%7C100000000000000376781&cm_guid=1-_-100000000000000376781-_-4464863970

you might also look at Urban Decay http://www.urbandecay.com/

for more interesting color selections in eye shadow and liners etc,

Also, for research, look through womens magazines and check the models in various ads for a skin tone that closely matches yours and then check their make- up. Also, do a drawing of your face and how you would like it to look. It sounds like a lot of work, and it is, but after a while you get used to it, and all this helps in creating what you wish to look like.

I don't know if any of these are available where you are, but It seems many are available on-line as well, if that helps.

Big tips, research and practice, practice, practice.

Hope that helps a bit

qwack

The better department stores here have a cosmetics counter where you can get MAC cosmetics. If you ask they will even help you with the selection, and some stores will apply it for you to look at before you buy :) I use cheaper stuff but there's a big difference in quality, how long it lasts, and how healthy your skin is after using it. MAC is worldwide so you should be able to find it there ;)

Bettypooh

I too would recommend Clinique which can be found in many department stores. I don't know where you are in the process but I found before I had my facial hair permanently removed that Clinique's line of work out make up was really good at covering shadow and it doesn't run if you perspire because it's oil based not water based. Clinique is also hypo-allergenic which is also a plus.

Hugs,

Freta

I too would recommend Clinique which can be found in many department stores. I don't know where you are in the process but I found before I had my facial hair permanently removed that Clinique's line of work out make up was really good at covering shadow and it doesn't run if you perspire because it's oil based not water based. Clinique is also hypo-allergenic which is also a plus.

Hugs,

Freta

Clinique is great, but I also recommend Sephora, my personal fave. :)

I like to get makeup from the Department stores. The best thing is to be up front with them that the makeup is for you, then you will get the right items. My favorite is Estee Lauder. I think that they get more guys buying makeup than anybody thinks.

I can only add one thing I learned in life.....You are pretty just the way you are. thumbsup.gif

Awwwww repaid! thank you! :blush:

mmmmmmmWAH!!!!!

qwack

And if you aren't, make up won't help a while lot! I kid, I kid. :P

I've seen women, my wife being one, that are pretty without, but can really knock your socks off with well applied makeup.

An interesting comparison I saw was a photo of the same man, rather androgynous but the first photo appeared male clearly enough. They adjusted the contrast and color tone, but nothing else, and the second photo was clearly quite feminine. When I saw them side by side, I was blown away.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the recommendations, but I actually decided to go with L'Oreal since it just seems to work better for me :) .