LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If You Went To College, What Degree Would You Get?

Personally, I got a degree in Computer Science.

What type of degree did you guys get/want to get/will get/would get if someone held something sharp to you?

Just kinda curious to see what type of people we all are.

As an under graduate I majored in pre-law. Following that graduation I entered law school. My final year of law school I was editor of Law Review. Once I graduated I served a year as a research law clerk with a US Federal Circuit Court of Appeals while taking bar exams in several jurisdictions. Since 1989 I have practiced corporate litigation with the same law firm. I have been a partner of my firm since 1993. Of course I take continuing education classes required to maintain my licenses. I also teach short courses on litigation technique, courtroom presentation and jury selection.

I have a degree in Theater (BA), Performance emphasis :P I got that because theater was all I knew at the time and was interested in, since I had been doing Theater since the 6th grade. I basically didn't know what I wanted to do in school, so just stuck with what I knew at the time. Life changes though, and now I am considering going back for another degree, possibly business with a history or Archeology / geology minor, I'm not sure. I am able to do this because I have spent the last 20 years working trying to survive, and finally have arrived at the point where I can take the time to go back to school.

I also have been considering putting my current degree to use and pursuing an acting career. I have friends in 'the industry' and one said I should do it, because of my 'unique looks and comic ability" I could be a working actor.....yeah....gee ....thanks <_<

The business degree would help me with family business and such....I'm still thinking about that.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions, :P

Pah, our all useless, well except fett who kills rebel scum.

The other day i noticed in a local paper that a lecturer in business studies was earning half a lorry driver was..Is that ironic or what.

Scandanavian countries have a good outlook on jobs and pay, people who clean toilets ain't looked down on and earn a fair wage.

Science degrees unless your careful ain't worth a lot. Saying that i got BSc in applied physics and MSc in PC interfacing and programming applications( oh dear the company that paid for that forgot to get me to sign that i'd wo*k for them after they paid for me to do it..idiots) and have earnt a fair amount. I did the masters because i was bored...next degree sewing or some sort of fashion design.

i think you might find thats certificates to earn money they hand out.

I'm earning a reasonable wage without one... and I don't have tens of thousands in student loans hanging over my head. I don't need a piece of paper to make money.

I could let you ask my fiancee... who graduated with a BA 5 years ago and still hasn't been able to find full-time employment in her field. Sad thing is, I make more than she does.

• Like 1

Oo one degree isn't the same as another, damn some degrees are worth less than bogroll. I'll be guessing it's more of a mickey mouse degree than one an employer wants.

And another thing IQ isn't a cap on earnings it's just pointer but the heigher the IQ the higher the average earnings.

So yea people just saying i got a degree i earn nothing is crap....half the degrees are worth less than nothing.

Personally, I would suggest going after a degree in something you are passionate about.

If computers are your thing go for it. I was in the computer industry for 18 years and thanks to the box pushers that industry is not the most profitable for those starting out in marketing. Programming might be a better path but school will always be in session. Look at all the dead computer languages that were developed a few decades ago.

Stay Pampered

Personally, I got a degree in Computer Science.

What type of degree did you guys get/want to get/will get/would get if someone held something sharp to you?

Just kinda curious to see what type of people we all are.

Wow Angela!

With all that experience you should run for President. :thumbsup:

You are by far better qualified than the community organizer occupying the Oval Office! :whistling:

Stay Pampered

As an under graduate I majored in pre-law. Following that graduation I entered law school. My final year of law school I was editor of Law Review. Once I graduated I served a year as a research law clerk with a US Federal Circuit Court of Appeals while taking bar exams in several jurisdictions. Since 1989 I have practiced corporate litigation with the same law firm. I have been a partner of my firm since 1993. Of course I take continuing education classes required to maintain my licenses. I also teach short courses on litigation technique, courtroom presentation and jury selection.

If computers are your thing go for it. I was in the computer industry for 18 years and thanks to the box pushers that industry is not the most profitable for those starting out in marketing. Programming might be a better path but school will always be in session. Look at all the dead computer languages that were developed a few decades ago.

I went after my programming degree because it was something I was passionate about but I've never used it in the workplace and honestly, I probably never will. 3 years of academia was enough to convince me that software dev careers are not what I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong, programming is a great passion of mine but for personal projects (I like having the skills to never face the situation where the computer can't do what I want), projects for friends/family, etc. Just the other week I developed a simple-ish fitness-tracking website for a youth sports team that a friend is involved with. Bottom line is, though, that while the underlying skills I had learned when graduated (2002) are still valid, the languages, environments, systems, methodologies, etc, etc, have indeed all moved on as SoCalAB mentioned. I've moved on as well, of course, keeping up with the modern tech and theory but on my own terms, in my own way. I can't show a certificate for that :P

I still consider my degree valuable, though, despite the debt it came with (although it's a UK degree with UK debt, and far more fair rules - you don't pay a penny/cent unless you're earning over a certain threshold). It shows employers that I have the ability to learn, to understand new concepts, manage yourself, etc, etc. It's a first class degree too (see, I told you it would get to ego stroking :lol::P:blush:) which I would hope gives me a bit of an edge in recruitment situations.

Diapers are a great programming tool, btw. Everybody knows that every good computer geek's fuel is caffeine - well all that Mountain Dew it has to go somewhere :lol:

I have a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Education (considered a Masters in the USA).

If I looked back at my first degree I wish I'd taken Civil Engineering. More jobs than with an Arts degree.

I would stay with my AS in Drafting Technology, thanks. I would just go and add a couple more drafting programs to my repertoire (AutoDesk Inventor for one, and a few others as I see the need to learn them to advance). I entered my field at $12 an hour (decent in my area, very much livable) and was up to $16.50 (in 2 and a half years) before the recession left me unemployed. I learned a lot more in Community College and had more hands on work that prepared me for the real world without the debt, and I did some time at a state 4-year school, so I can accurately compare my experiences.

Three... Physics, Chemistry and Maths/CS. I got to the point where taking one course counted for all three so I stayed a little while longer and finished em all up. Then grad school, then med school, then I had to eat so I got a real job with a foot in all areas.

Actually, having a degree, any degree has it's value. maybe not face value as in finding a job in that particular field etc, but it tells prospective employers what kind of person you are, and that you can take on a project such as your own education, and complete it and move on. As opposed to someone who dropped out or didn't finish or didn't even try. It is a lot of work and time and dedication, so it's not completely useless...there is an underlying message to anyone interested. :thumbsup:

qwack

Computer Engineering, which I will finish in 1.5 yrs. Sure I will probably make fairly good money, but there are certainly engineering degrees that make more money or probably getting a degree in business could make me more money, but that isn't what I would want to do for my career. Management is where the money is, but I hate managing, I want to be doing research and design. I love taking a problem and figuring out how to solve it and I'm never satisfied with just the easiest solution, though sometimes the best solution is also the easiest solution.