LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Great Abdl Restaurant In Ny

Just wanted to alert all those that may be interested, I found a great restaurant in New York City that is a french bistro-type restaurant serving great fondue (veg and meat) and all their wine in baby bottles. You read correctly, public baby bottle drinking. I went with my gf and we both loved it! But don't take it from me, here's a review with the address and info. This is current as of 05/09/10. (I found this review in a NY restaurant guide) Ignore the snarkiness of the review below and be happy it's an awesome restaurant that won't ask questions when you ask the nice waiter to keep the bottle for an extra $10 :D:D:D

"La Cave des Fondus 20 Prince Street, New York, NY (212) 966-5073. The big gimmick here is the baby bottle. As in, the wine is literally served in a baby bottle, and patrons are expected to suck it through the rubber nipple. Yep, the diaper fetish crowd is surely having a major B.M. as they read this. Located in the basement of French-Moroccan bistro Jacques, La Cave is an homage to the Montmartre restaurant Le Refuge des Fondus, where Parisians suckle from baby bottles as a trick to skirt a tax on wine glasses, according to Urban Daddy. The Times, in an article titled "Cry Once for Red, Twice for White," informs readers that "if you want to act like an infant and get drunk at the same time, City Hall is giving you a big green light." We've never needed City Hall's permission for that, but...there's fondue in classic cheese, beef broth, and molten chocolate varieties."

That is a copy of the original Parisian restaurant. A bit of warning if you ever go there, it is great fun and my partner and I fully enjoyed the visit, but it is not top quality cuisine by any standards, and also it is not famed for its excellent customer service. Expect to get insulted etc, and you will have fun. Expect top quality service, take my advice, go elsewhere. Your custom is not wanted, and the owner / staff will be very quick to tell you that - in fluent French.

http://www.paristrip...ge-des-fondues/

I don't know about the NY version, but I suspect the same 'service and attitude'.

PS - From my experience visiting France, whenever I spoke English, I was insulted and abused. If I, however, attempted to speak French, the attitude of the nationals would change and show me some courtesy. I can fully appreciate and accept the French pride in the language etc, and it is my responsibility to be able to communicate with them if I so wish, and not the French nationals responsibility to have to learn my language to suit me.

That is a copy of the original Parisian restaurant. A bit of warning if you ever go there, it is great fun and my partner and I fully enjoyed the visit, but it is not top quality cuisine by any standards, and also it is not famed for its excellent customer service. Expect to get insulted etc, and you will have fun. Expect top quality service, take my advice, go elsewhere. Your custom is not wanted, and the owner / staff will be very quick to tell you that - in fluent French.

http://www.paristrip...ge-des-fondues/

I don't know about the NY version, but I suspect the same 'service and attitude'.

PS - From my experience visiting France, whenever I spoke English, I was insulted and abused. If I, however, attempted to speak French, the attitude of the nationals would change and show me some courtesy. I can fully appreciate and accept the French pride in the language etc, and it is my responsibility to be able to communicate with them if I so wish, and not the French nationals responsibility to have to learn my language to suit me.

Damn, I wish more people were like this! It seems that more and more immigrants (legal or otherwise) seem to think it is our job to learn THEIR language and pander to THEM! I was born in this country, my parents were born here as well as my grandparnets. My family is originally from Europe, and came here sometime ago,but they learned the language! Where I live and work, we have a wide variety of cultures and I get the distinct impression and attitude from a lot of them, if I cannot speak their language! specially SPANISH! Now I know enough Spanish to get along ..or get in trouble :P, but in all reality, its not MY job to learn someone else's language in MY country...Tis is the USA, we speak E*N*G*L*I*S*H here, if you don't like it.....leave!

How many languages am I supposed to know?? we have Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Indian, (and the rest of the middle east) Hispanic,Russian, and God knows who else, from all around the world, I shouldn't have to know Japanese, farsi, Hindi,Russian, Spanish, French or any of this other stuff. They want to come here to visit, live, work and stay, fine.....LEARN THE %$#@! native language....which is E*N*G*L*I*S*H! Don't try to get us to do your job, or speak your language because you are to damn lazy to go to ESL classes (which are free BTW) and certainly DON'T cop an attitude when people can't talk to you because they can't understand what you are saying, and they don't speak your language...:badmood:

*end of rant*

It just pisses me off

qwack (thats in english too:P )

square_duck i whole heartedly agree with you. Especially with what (in my area) is the worse which is the mexicans. At least the middle easterners here TRY to speak in english. Its broken, not easy to make out half the time but they TRY and that i can at least live with. I have been on a week long rant about this with some mook that thinks my way of thought is biggotry...... 0.o wtf.... oh well cant fix stupid.

Re: the language problem...

We Irish have a wonderful solution for that. It is common for either a Polish national or a Belorussian national to speak broken English to us, and when ever we have a complaint or disagreement, they instantly become unable to understand English, and fluently talk to their friend insulting and laughing at us. (Yes, I can speak Russian and some of its derivatives). The way we handle it is to speak, and probably shout at them in Irish. After all, they are in Ireland, and Irish is the national language.

It is surprising how the influx of another language in a country can give rebirth to a historical language. Why doesn't this happen in the US, ie revert back to speaking native American rather than the language that the English forced you to speak?

Communication is paramount in working together. Adopting to someone else laziness and ignorance, and it is laziness and ignorance refusing to learn a countries language, cripples a country.

Compare two large countries China and USA. Population China 20% of the world vs USA 5% of world. Economics, USA owe china $772 billion. Why is China so rich - the main reason is language and culture. The single language and culture does not cripple China, but the mixed languages in the USA (for supposed equality and political correctness) will eventually bankrupt the USA. It is only your attitude and actions, as people on the street that can decide whether your country will survive or fail. If someone now comes up to me and asks me a question in another language, I will ignore them. They are an uninvited guest in my country, and if they wish to communicate with me, it is their problem, not mine.

Re: Restaurants...

If you wish to immerse yourself completely in a culture, is it not considerate for you to have to be able to communicate in that culture, which means learning the methodology of that culture. IE In a French restaurant, you speak French, and expect the staff to speak French back to you, and leave if this is not so. Yes, I have entered a 'Russian Tea Room' (not in Russia) where I was asked to remove my shoes on entry, as it is the custom. The Menu was typed using the cyrillic alphabet, in English, and none of the staff could speak Russian. It seemed to me that the tea room design was straight out of 'From Russia with Love' and owners only knew where Russia was from the aid of a map. McD would give a better Russian experience. There are certain 'minimums' one expects from entering a specific culture, but also certain costs - language being one of them

Consider this - imagine the problems here, on this worldwide site, if we all communicated in our national language. Thigím tú aon focal? Án bhuill aon focal Gailge agat?

• Like 1

Bibs for sloppy eaters too? That might be asking too much.

lol no :P

@babykeiff I can only speak to the one in NY but I too was afraid because of the French reputation for being rude or insulting especially because I don't speak any French or know that much about French food. But no, I did not feel sleighted, abused, insulted or cajoled in any way. Quite the opposite in fact, they were really laid back. I mean we didn't strike up a conversation, but I've had far worse experiences at chain restaurants with overworked wait staff.

Re: the language problem...

We Irish have a wonderful solution for that. It is common for either a Polish national or a Belorussian national to speak broken English to us, and when ever we have a complaint or disagreement, they instantly become unable to understand English, and fluently talk to their friend insulting and laughing at us. (Yes, I can speak Russian and some of its derivatives). The way we handle it is to speak, and probably shout at them in Irish. After all, they are in Ireland, and Irish is the national language.

It is surprising how the influx of another language in a country can give rebirth to a historical language. Why doesn't this happen in the US, ie revert back to speaking native American rather than the language that the English forced you to speak?

Communication is paramount in working together. Adopting to someone else laziness and ignorance, and it is laziness and ignorance refusing to learn a countries language, cripples a country.

Compare two large countries China and USA. Population China 20% of the world vs USA 5% of world. Economics, USA owe china $772 billion. Why is China so rich - the main reason is language and culture. The single language and culture does not cripple China, but the mixed languages in the USA (for supposed equality and political correctness) will eventually bankrupt the USA. It is only your attitude and actions, as people on the street that can decide whether your country will survive or fail. If someone now comes up to me and asks me a question in another language, I will ignore them. They are an uninvited guest in my country, and if they wish to communicate with me, it is their problem, not mine.

Re: Restaurants...

If you wish to immerse yourself completely in a culture, is it not considerate for you to have to be able to communicate in that culture, which means learning the methodology of that culture. IE In a French restaurant, you speak French, and expect the staff to speak French back to you, and leave if this is not so. Yes, I have entered a 'Russian Tea Room' (not in Russia) where I was asked to remove my shoes on entry, as it is the custom. The Menu was typed using the cyrillic alphabet, in English, and none of the staff could speak Russian. It seemed to me that the tea room design was straight out of 'From Russia with Love' and owners only knew where Russia was from the aid of a map. McD would give a better Russian experience. There are certain 'minimums' one expects from entering a specific culture, but also certain costs - language being one of them

Consider this - imagine the problems here, on this worldwide site, if we all communicated in our national language. Thigím tú aon focal?