LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Storm Chasing

Had to outrun a twister a few years ago... wouldn't want to put myself in such a position again!

(and no, I'm not saying I can drive faster than a tornado, I was going north, it was going east, just had to get ahead of it to not be in it's path. But having gone through a 'nader did get me big points with the artist I was going to see that day.)

I've been through two small tornadoes :crybaby: One passed directly over our house hitting before and after, the other hit just down the road and almost turned over the truck I was in :o I've seen dozens at a distance since I've lived in several places out west where they are common- and in the distance is the best way to see them and tell about it later :roflmao: There are too many trees here to "chase" tornadoes- you're lucky to even see the one that hits you two seconds before it arrives :rolleyes: We get less than half dozen a year in the whole county- maybe a dozen a year in the whole area. It's rare to get anything bigger than a EF2 here :D Most of what we get are severe thunderstorms with downburst winds that do as much damage as a small tornado. I did take the basic and advanced Skywarn classes the weather bureau teaches B) They're free and anyone in tornado prone areas ought to do this :thumbsup: You get a tour of their office and the technology they have is awesome :biker_h4h: That alone makes the classes worth going to ;)

Bettypooh

Part of me would love the adrenalin rush but yep, I've sat in my basement with my family under a funnel (that became a small twister very briefly a couple of miles later on) and that lifted the whole house (we heard/felt the whole structure creak and shudder). It knocked down trees in neighbouring yards (that noise as they fall followed by the smell of fresh sap :o ) and killed our power for hours. I called the power company and they just said "when we get to your street, no estimates, sorry, loads of people are in the dark." Frankly, that's as close as I want to get, thanks! Stormchasing is for watching on TV shows :lol:

I'm originally from indiana. My brother and I drove to michigan together to see my dad get married for the 6th time.

On our way back on the highway we watched a supercell form a funnel and then touch down. It was the most amazing

beautiful terrible thing I've ever seen! My brother and I were stoked to get the view that we got and werent in much danger

his wife at the time though was FREAKIN OUT! Cant say that I blame her though.....it was kinda scary.

anyway.....my dad got divorced again 3 months later.

Hell no. I've seen what they can do. I live in an area where they're rather prevelant. I'd have to say that anyone who storm chases is an entire truck short of a truckload of bricks... And probly also half a load short...

Definition of insanity = chasing after something that can kill you.

Stormchasing comes into the same group of actions as running into a oncoming train, jumping off a building (without a chute), swimming with piranha, tormenting the neighbors Doberman dog... etc. There is a TV program '1,000 ways to Die', and the theme of this is how stupid people can be, and how they die. It is said that knowledge comes with age... and it is true. If you can survive till 80/90 then you have witnessed and learnt not to do silly things.

OH yes. I have always wanted to see a tornado. And no Im not one of those "lets get really close and see it" type of people. Just would love to see one going the other way or me chasing it. I have always been fasinated with weather. This is definetly something I want to do before I die. :thumbsup:

OH yes. I have always wanted to see a tornado. And no Im not one of those "lets get really close and see it" type of people. Just would love to see one going the other way or me chasing it. I have always been fasinated with weather. This is definetly something I want to do before I die. :thumbsup:

Spend a year around the eastern Oklahoma/Kansas border.