LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Want To Buy A Few Cloth Diapers

I wear 24/7 and disposables are getting too expensive. I am looking to order some cloth diapers that I can wear during the day that are discrete. I need to wear to work and don't want people to notice. Any recommendations of where to order and what kind to get? I am looking for something on the low to mid expense range.

Whatever you buy make sure you buy way bigger than you think you need get accurate measurements otherwise you will not be happy with them.

The first one I bought to my exact size and it was a big disappointment when it barely fit new.

I would buy some cloth at wal mart and make your own and give that a try before you go spending money on pre mades....IMHO

Might want to try a all in one version as it's fitted and can be worn rather inconspicuously. The ones on Ebay can be had rather cheap. Standard cloth even a prefold will bunch up at the rear and is rather obvious. :thumbsup:

Look for some flour sack cloth towels. They cost about $2.00 each when bought by the dozen. I found them to be quite absorbent when doubled. They are thin like the Curity gauze diaper and won't show under your pants.

I should clarify, I don't use them all the time. I do have minor bladder leakage, but I do use the toilet while at work. That said, it doesn't need to be thick, just thicker than underwear. I will give ebay a look to see what I can find.

I wear 24/7 and disposables are getting too expensive. I am looking to order some cloth diapers that I can wear during the day that are discrete. I need to wear to work and don't want people to notice. Any recommendations of where to order and what kind to get? I am looking for something on the low to mid expense range.

As others have already told you, effective cloth diapers are never discreet.

What you have not explained are your plans about washing and drying cloth diapers once you do buy them. For incontinent people, often the choice to not use cloth diapers is the result of discreet use of washing equipment is not possible. When you try to calculate the savings of cloth, remember to add in the cost of using washers and dryers, plus detergent as well as your own time. Clearly those deciding the selling price of disposables have run those calculations. For most adults the choice to use cloth diapers is about the way they feel when worn and used.

My suggestion, with all due respect Dprby, is your thinking is backward. Not only are cloth diapers and waterproof pants less discreet during the day, nearly all disposables with equal of larger capacity will be thinner. While you are active, decent disposables are effective containing leaks and controlling odors.

Where cloth diapers really work well is in bed where being discreet is not important. Cloth diapers worn with the appropriate waterproof pants rarely leak in bed. If one did leak, this means either the pants are not the correct size, or you need a thicker cloth diaper. Those situations are easily corrected.

As others have already told you, effective cloth diapers are never discreet.

What you have not explained are your plans about washing and drying cloth diapers once you do buy them. For incontinent people, often the choice to not use cloth diapers is the result of discreet use of washing equipment is not possible. When you try to calculate the savings of cloth, remember to add in the cost of using washers and dryers, plus detergent as well as your own time. Clearly those deciding the selling price of disposables have run those calculations. For most adults the choice to use cloth diapers is about the way they feel when worn and used.

My suggestion, with all due respect Dprby, is your thinking is backward. Not only are cloth diapers and waterproof pants less discreet during the day, nearly all disposables with equal of larger capacity will be thinner. While you are active, decent disposables are effective containing leaks and controlling odors.

Where cloth diapers really work well is in bed where being discreet is not important. Cloth diapers worn with the appropriate waterproof pants rarely leak in bed. If one did leak, this means either the pants are not the correct size, or you need a thicker cloth diaper. Those situations are easily corrected.

Thank you very much for the lengthy reply. With your (and everyone else's) help, I have decided against cloth for day use. Hiding them while wearing is a necessity. As for the washing thing, that's not a problem for me. I live alone, so their presence around the house isn't a problem and I have private laundry, so I am not worried about others seeing them at washing time. I may still look into getting some AIO style for home use, but I will definitely stick with disposables for the workdays. Again, thanks to all for the replies.

Thank you very much for the lengthy reply. With your (and everyone else's) help, I have decided against cloth for day use. Hiding them while wearing is a necessity. As for the washing thing, that's not a problem for me. I live alone, so their presence around the house isn't a problem and I have private laundry, so I am not worried about others seeing them at washing time. I may still look into getting some AIO style for home use, but I will definitely stick with disposables for the workdays. Again, thanks to all for the replies.

Think carefully before investing in All In One (AIO) diapers. The downsides are many. Seldom does any waterproof material work best when washed in the same solution as cloth diaper material. The side of the cloth next to the waterproof layer will not dry easily. Hardly ever does the waterproof layer do well when dried at the same temperature as the cloth part. Sunlight is great for cloth diapers yet harmful to waterproof material.

This is why so many cloth diaper systems are in four separate parts.

Outside is a cloth diaper cover garment to hold all the rest in place and prevent strain on those parts.

Inside the cover is the waterproof pants, be that vinyl, PUL, or whatever.

The cloth absorbent part might be separate pieces. I wear a 36" square 2-ply gauze adult diaper from ACD that uses pins to hold it snug. Inside that I use 1, 2 or even 3 ordinary Gerber baby Birdseye prefolds as soakers. The big gauze and smaller prefold diapers can well be washed and dried in the same load, but when they separate they wash and dry more effectively. For reasons of sanitation I do not wash any diaper with ordinary clothing.

I wash my soft vinyl panties by hand in warm, not hot, water using a drop of dishwashing detergent, then air dry those panties. Since my cloth diaper covers rarely get damp with urine, I was and dry those along with my ordinary clothing. Even if I do line-dry those diaper covers in the sun where people can see them, only an AB would recognize them as diaper covers.

If you want to try cloth diapers, now is the time.. I was just at AdultClothDiaper.com

and I saw they are having a 20% off sale on their cloth prefold diapers until the end of

May.

I've been using their cloth diapers for my bedwetting for over 6 years and I still have

some of the diapers that I first bought. They hold up real good, but avoid bleach because

it will quickly break down the fabric. (Bleach will distroy any fabric for that matter.)

Ditto what Angela said about AIO diapers... The plastic cover will fail before the cloth

diaper part does, so you will need plastic pants anyway.

• 2 years later...

I agree with lefty Kin's and ANgelfluff are my cloth diaper companies and who cares we wear diapers the public can think what they want but walk a mile in my shoes(go ahead start walking now fall flat on your face and you can't get up unless someone is nice enough to pick you up,so there you aint going far and you can't have a ride in my wheelchair so you just keep those shoes on and stay where you are and when the squirrel turns on the garden hose you will be glad for Mr.Diaper unless of course you think being soaked in urine sounds like a festive addition to my shoes I don't.