LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

May 2010 'N J L' Central Munch

For those interested in attending a "Littles Munch" and Living in Central New Jersey (Only)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want NJ Littles to have a Central Munch?

2. 2. Is having Train service to NJL Munches Important to you?

3. 3. What types of friends are you hoping to meet?

• Good friends for socializing
    • BFF
    • Love Interest/ SO
    • Enemies - I hate myself!

Oh No Problem DiaperGuy, ifn you show up I'll GIVE you a Bambino if you want it. I always have one stowed away somewhere. Cold Crafted Beer is just better that way. Yeah, it really is!

For all: It doesn't matter if you can't make a munch, we'll keep having them. I don't plan to stop. Seems we always have new folks showing so every munch is different. This is why moving around some is a good thing. Yeah, I know how it is to not be able to make a munch because of a lousy or unique schedule (I even totalled my only car once leaving work early just to make a NYC munch - missed the munch too - but never gave up either!)

With this group we all finally get to meet the ones we've heard about and suspected were around but haven't seen yet, even after ten years of back and forth on websites. And the best thing is - once the ice is broken it doesn't come back. It doesn't take long to make lots of like-minded friends. :rolleyes:

If anyone needs to contact me for anything, send a note here so I can read it before I leave around 10am. I'll be out apartment/ townhouse hunting down in Somerset County before the munch. I'll have the cellphone with me in case anyone who has the number needs to call me. Gonna be hot, stay cool tommorrow!

aww, thanks glenn! i'll be in proper attire for the munch, after all lol

again, i'll see how i am (and how i smell) at the end of the shift after running all day outside in the sun and heat.

i dont like making any promises i dont intend to keep, and i know this wont be the last get-together, either.

if i cant make it, have a fun time everyone! and my apologies if i temporarily hijacked this munch thread into a beer discussion one lol

nastrovia! :beer:

We will arrive there around 7pm to wait for set up so if you get there early come on in! There is an upstairs dining area and I don't know where we will be yet. So come in when you get there and look around for us, ask for the "NJL" Table. No, they do not know what NJL stands for and don't tell them either. There is a great menu but you don't have to buy a full entree, which can be expensive. They also have great salads, soups, sandwiches, burgers and appetizers to chow on. In this place you want to try at least one or two of their hand-crafted beers!

Check out the menu and take the virtual tour at www.harvestmoonbrewery.com.

We will be there until at least 10pm for anyone who will be coming late there is no hurry.

Bring cash to pay me and I can put it all on a CC tab for the group. There will be an 18% gratuity added to the bill, plus state sales tax.

See everyone there!

so i get to the brewery at 9-ish, go up to the cute hostess and ask for the njl table. she didnt have a clue, the only reservation was for the big-ass birthday party going on about 10 feet behind me. so not wasting an opportunity, i grab a beer and head upstairs. on my way up, i realized one minor detail; i had no other way of knowing where you guys were! lol

i get upstairs, look around (for what? i dont know lol) and ask a waiter for the njl table again. he had no idea either, and asked if i knew any members or something like that. not knowing, he shrugged and i headed back downstairs to enjoy my beer and a copy of mid-atlantic brewer lol.

sorry i missed you guys, but another time. i have a feeling, however, that i might have talked briefly (not much more than "hi") to a member, but i wasnt about to make any more of an idiot of myself and ask lol

hope everyone had a great time!

NJL POST-MUNCH REPORT:

The First NJL Central Munch was a resounding success!

OK, there's no use crying about spilled beer. :Crylol: I don't think we spilled any! Hey 'DiaperGuy85' Glad you had one, especially after the hot Saturday we had. Good Beer is always worthwhile! :beer: Since you did talk to Toon, we're gonna give you full credit for having shown up to a NJL Munch. That means you come to just one more and you're a full member (yep, so sayeth the NJL Rules). Rats and a Half! You coulda met PArms, Baby Moliere, Denish, Wolfie and buggie, We Have Pi, Toon and Vee (must be seen together for full effect), Wolfman and buggie (same deal) and Dawn and myself! Double Rats!! Triple Rats even!!! ok, we just started to wear those "Littles Pride" pins for ID purposes (See my Avatar - that symbol) and sooner or later everyone will have one. Next time we'll just have to come up in advance with another "subtle" way to ID our group but you should also give us something to go on as well. I'll come up with something appropriate and you can bet I won't let it slide for future munches. Maybe Toon and I can put our heads together to think up something cool!

I had to relinquish our 7:30 reservations after fifteen minutes went by (7:45 we had only six people and I was expecting many more. So instead we all sat or hung out at the bar tasting all the different beers as more and more peeps came in. Its hard to work with large groups in a very hot (and quite loud) nightspot when people come in later. But sometimes thats just the way it goes. Finally we had ten peeps :groupwave::groupwave: and then finally they were again able to put three tables together to make it worthwhile sitting together but we had lots of time to actually chat at the bar. The food was great (speaking for myself) and we had a great time, making it a three hour event which I won't ever forget! I got to see PArms once more (yo he drove six hundred miles :drive1: to get here - anyone ever done THAT?) which was totally worthwhile. I got to meet Baby Moliere - finally! - and he's a great guy - Totally sincere and enthusiastic! Pi and buggie were chatting up a storm (I gotta say I'm laughing yet again! :littleangel: Love you guys!) and you shoulda seen those miniature milk cartons buggie made just for Pi. Unreal - so cool! I was floored to see poor Vee there - she's recovering from pnuemonia (spp) after weeks of having a hard time :doctor: (yeah, you know it hurts) so that shows how loyal these people really are!

There were about five others who said they might be coming that, as far as we know, didn't. Well, maybe they will be able to come soon! We'd totally love to meet them! If anyone's unsure, you can always meet myself or one of us with whom you may have something in common. We do have the full spectrum in our membership so I am positive you will have a nice time meeting one of them in advance of a munch if it would make you feel more comfortable. We really don't want you to be left out. All of us go through being shy and/ or nervous attending the very first time, but it does NOT take long before you realize you love it!

The NJL North Munch will soon be announced - it will be towards the end of May in northern NJ. Not overly expensive, mellow and low-key with a simple fun activity afterwards. If anyone has suggestions or wants to let me know they might be coming please PM me direct (no - not here please.)

C Ya! :thumbsup:

I had a great time! It was so loud that I couldn't hear anyone who wasn't next to me...okay so I really like talking to Pi... *sticks her tongue out at glenn again* it's a little girl thing! ;)

Those mini milk cartons are left overs from a sale, so if anyone felt left out and wants some, just tell me. :) I always have two or three because I have to take pictures of some and then I don't sell the 'model' ones :)

I think we should have NJL pins, different from the ABDL ones :) And hand stamps so if someone bumps into someone without knowing, they can look when they shake their hand or something!

:D

Super excited!

• Like 1

OK, thats a great idea! IKWYM. Yeah, we're not exclusively a diaper or ABDL group - Its a much broader perspective for us. Buggie you can sure design one if you like - I'll put you in charge of the creativity department. I was gonna make a banner with the Littles Pride logo (rectangular/ flag style) and the letters NJL in the upper corner but its only in my head at this point. See, the Littles Pride logo was designed by Mako Allen and given to the Littles crownd in 2003. It isn't just for those who like diapers and Mako is a Little. The Art Kit can be found by going to www.LittlesMunch.com and clicking on the Link to The Ghidrah (3-headed monster) which is made up of Spacey, Mako and Pene. There is also a link to the Pins by going to Pene's online shop - she makes lots of different pins. She might make us a custom pin if we were to ask, perhaps if we were to order alot, perhaps 50 or where there is a price break?

I am thinking about what's next: a NJL North Munch in a few weeks. Something low key, we need a break. Maybe meet at a Diner, then a movie for the activity. I've missed a ton of movies recently. There is also that double-decked Merry Go Round in the Garden State Plaza which seems to be a big fascination for me. Yeah, lots of adults do ride it but we're way cuter.

I'm excited today - we put down a deposit for a nice apartment above Princeton, we have an offer on our house, I'm waiting for a second job interview, why do these things always happen all at once?

I thoroughly enjoyed the munch. I'm still tingling from the excitement. I also just finished eating my leftovers from that night. It was a pleasure meeting all of the members whom I had the opportunity to meet. (I would have been nice to meet all those in attendance.) I look forward to more munches in the future when I'm in the area.

Buggie, it was loud there, but I overhead something about physics. Anything interesting?

Glenn, I do believe that your wife spilled some beer. Shame on her. Good luck on the interview, the house sale and the apartment. I hope it's suitable for parties!

I was just wondering if you got back safely. Was the birthday party fun? Hey, did you read the post by diaperguy85 and Toons reply? Durn funny I reckon. Sorta. Maybe kinda, in a dark way. Well, he was there so we virtually had eleven out of sixteen. Not bad!

Bad Mommy! I'll have to tell her when she gets home. Hope no-one gets a spankin', well unless its me... :crybaby:

Ummm, yeah the apartment is around the corner from my favorite diner down there - they have awesome Pea Soup. Yep, thats why I am moving hehehe. Really, it is! What, don't believe me?

Its nice! Two bedrooms and Two full bathrooms, EIK, All Utilities & central ac, plus there's five new-ish couches and carpeting all around upstairs and in the basement too, lotsa storage room. Plus there is gonna be a craft nook and a track where I can ride a bigwheel or pedal car if I find one that I like. And its only eight miles away from the New Brunswick Train Station but there are farms and country all around. Well, we're two miles from Hillsborough which has new everything including an awesome movie theater, IHOP and alot of shopping. I'm gonna be an hour from Philly and NYC either way. Plus six garden centers and landscape companies everywhere I should be all set.

Eventually we'll get another house and you can bet it will have everything a little one's heart could desire. :thumbsup:

Think I'll let my fingers walk me over to the PA forum to give them a poke!

I had a great time again. It allways amazes me how many people from all different walks of life and all different professions can come together and celebrate their common intrest. If only the rest of the world could follow the njl way. Lol If any one out there has any doubt about weather they should attend trust me. You will be nervous

at first but once you make it there the hard part is over and you will

defenatly have a great time getting to know everyone. It's just lke the

first day at a new school or new job. We've all done that. You can do it! Just attend. Ok

• Like 1

The birthday party was awesome. I sang Karaoke sober. The firehouse that we rented doesn't have AC. I was the only one not sweating. I love the heat. The trick is to not overexert yourself.

I am leaving for NC tomorrow morning after my haircut (3 whole inches will be taken off). I was contemplating wearing my hair in braided pigtails at the munch, but thought that might be a little too extreme. I have worn pigtails out in public before. Maybe I'll drive home with it like that. Just like Willie Nelson.

• Like 1

toon: idk when the dj started, i left around 9:30. i was sitting at the table at the base of the stairs in a black button-up shirt reading a paper, no hat that night :P

that was you i said hi to? with the "V"-shaped tattoo? cool shtuff, too bad i didnt know lmao

glenndl: thanks for giving me full credit, now that i know at least what one member kinda looks like, it'll be a little easier to find you guys as long as toon shows up lol it would have been great to actually sit down and meet and talk with everyone, but that will be for next time! keep us posted on the next get-together, a diner sounds like a nice time. and congrats on the new apartment! being closer to princeton, you can try out triumph! lol

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if you got back safely. Was the birthday party fun? Hey, did you read the post by diaperguy85 and Toons reply? Durn funny I reckon. Sorta. Maybe kinda, in a dark way. Well, he was there so we virtually had eleven out of sixteen. Not bad!

Bad Mommy! I'll have to tell her when she gets home. Hope no-one gets a spankin', well unless its me... :crybaby:

Ummm, yeah the apartment is around the corner from my favorite diner down there - they have awesome Pea Soup. Yep, thats why I am moving hehehe. Really, it is! What, don't believe me?

Its nice! Two bedrooms and Two full bathrooms, EIK, All Utilities & central ac, plus there's five new-ish couches and carpeting all around upstairs and in the basement too, lotsa storage room. Plus there is gonna be a craft nook and a track where I can ride a bigwheel or pedal car if I find one that I like. And its only eight miles away from the New Brunswick Train Station but there are farms and country all around. Well, we're two miles from Hillsborough which has new everything including an awesome movie theater, IHOP and alot of shopping. I'm gonna be an hour from Philly and NYC either way. Plus six garden centers and landscape companies everywhere I should be all set.

Eventually we'll get another house and you can bet it will have everything a little one's heart could desire. :thumbsup:

Think I'll let my fingers walk me over to the PA forum to give them a poke!

Glenn,

I've always been following your posts but I have a hectic schedule and have never been able to make it to any of the munches or parties yet. My wife (mommy) and I have been to several other AB parties in the past in NY and Baltimore and always had a great time. Look like based on where you're moving to, we could ending up being neighbors.

Keep posting and holding these events and I'm sure we'll make it out to one eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Wow! Hi ABGreg! We are very Glad to hear from you! Can't wait to meet you at a Munch!

Guys and Gals, new people are showing up left and right, I get about two to five new messages a week from people I don't even know yet!

I would say it sounds like we are going to grow even quicker than we thought! If anyone has an idea for a summertime activity that we might try, don't hide it! :thumbsup:

Hey Glenn, I'm not Central Jersey, but figured I'd throw some ideas in the mix Summertime! Beachs, Barbeques, Boats, Theme Parks (Water Parks ;) ), Pool Party (if anyone has a pool)...

Oh Wow! Hi ABGreg! We are very Glad to hear from you! Can't wait to meet you at a Munch!

Guys and Gals, new people are showing up left and right, I get about two to five new messages a week from people I don't even know yet!

I would say it sounds like we are going to grow even quicker than we thought! If anyone has an idea for a summertime activity that we might try, don't hide it! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

OK Guys and Gals, I've moved down to North Brunswick (Close to the NJ Parkway AND NJ Turnpike AND Route 287 AND Rte 202/78/80)

AND I work in Robbinsville (By Princeton/ Hightstown)(NJ Turmpike Exit 7A at I195.)

This means I am able and willing to plan munches just about anywhere in Northern and Central NJ from LBI (SouthEast) to Camden/Cherry Hill/Philly area (SouthWest) to Warren/Sussex County (NorthWest) to Bergen/Hudson County (NorthEast) and even Hudson Valley and NYC area.

So, my question to those in Central New Jersey is "Where should we have a June Munch?"

Since this month I have to make it around 8pm earliest please think of something where we can all eat dinner and have a good time. Doesn't have to be fancy - its better to have time to talk amongst ourselves than simply to occupy time (like movies do). I'd rather do what everyone else wants to do, not just leave it up to my imagination. I'm thinking it'd be fun to have it truly in the middle of the central region this time, to make it fair to others. Remember, I'm new to the central NJ area so don't know the place like you all do.

Gimme some ideas - I'll plan it to be within a few weeks time.

If you are from North Jersey (Rutgers University area and points North) post your NJL North ideas on the May North Munch thread to keep it seperate.

I forget the name of the place (I'll find out) but there's this bar right on the boardwalk that makes these big huge pizzas. But I think a boadwalk type thing would be cool again. Good food. Drinks. Pleanty of room, they have like non waited tables. And if we get tired of being in the noisy bar we can

stroll the boardwalk without looking out of place.

I forget the name of the place (I'll find out) but there's this bar right on the boardwalk that makes these big huge pizzas. But I think a boadwalk type thing would be cool again. Good food. Drinks. Pleanty of room, they have like non waited tables. And if we get tired of being in the noisy bar we can

stroll the boardwalk without looking out of place.

If you're talking Seaside Heights (or Park) you might be thinking "Three Brother's Pizza." If memory serves me right, the one at the southern end of the boardwalk has the bar.

There is a great restaurant on LBI called "chicken or the egg" - it's laid back but very fun. It's got a silly menu. There is also a restaurant called "Daddy O".

There are some nice places in Cherry Hill.

Atlantic city has some nice places too - there is a 'ferry' from Atlantic city to LBI.

LBI has an old fashion toy store.

I know more about LBI than Atlantic City. I know quite a bit about Princeton and Cherry Hill too.

I have a feeling I wont be going to the June munch though, since I have a wedding to attend on the 26th and that is the last weekend.