LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have No Fear:

For all of you first timers or people thinking about buying diapers for the first time in the store. Let me tell you about the events that took place at Krogers (American grocery store) today.

I went to buy my wife the Krogers brand Adult Pull-ups today because they are her favorite. So I walked over found the size and absorbency I was looking for and picked them up. Wandered around the store for a bit, then headed to check out.

So I figured I would see if I could get a reaction, so I found the most attractive girl (she was probably 3 years younger than me) working at the checkout lines and got in line. I set the bag on the conveyor belt. She scanned them slid them over to the bag boy and he bagged them. I messed up with the card reader telling it, no, one too many times, so we joked about how they could get the best of you and that was that.

She didn't treat me any different or even react in the slightest.

So for you out there nervous: don't be. Just roll up, grab what you want, and checkout like you are buying anything else.

I do wonder though as a checker how many people she sells adult diapers to on a daily basis.

I once went through a check-out lane with a checker that was old enough to be my mom buying diapers and she gave me a look like she knew what I was buying them for, I wasn't embarrassed kinda enjoyed it actually.

I was once spotted by one of the staff members at my school who I know well.

I don't know if she saw the diapers or associated them with me, but it was still...weird.

Fortunately, she's a mature and respectable person, and would never question me about it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I figured I would see if I could get a reaction, so I found the most attractive girl (she was probably 3 years younger than me) working at the checkout lines and got in line. I set the bag on the conveyor belt. She scanned them slid them over to the bag boy and he bagged them. .

Wow you have bagboys! I knew that was common in America but it just doesn't happen here, its almost an odd thought.

In fact it did happen for one day im my local supermarket and then never again. Im guessing we all found it a little odd and didnt like it - i dont!

As long as you aren't buying $300.00 worth of crap the cashiers will love you.

VERY true, the love a cashier has for you in inversely proportional to how many items you have.

For me, I usually use the Target (Minnesota-based company) pharmacy to check out the Depends I get every few weeks (at least once or twice a month, actually...).

I think my biggest fear is that people would think, "what the hell is a 20 year old man doing with...diapers?!" Most of the time, I feel uncomfortable, especially when I first started buying them (my parents always say, "if you want them, go buy them yourself" and so I have). 'Cause you don't know how people are gonna react or not, you know?

But you know, it's been getting easier and easier for me. Now, I just head for the pharmacy and have the Depends rung up. Granted, there's still that feeling of unease like before, but it's not nearly as bad.

I don't think the cashier, is the fear. I think the fear is being spotted by someone you know. Especially the case for younger users

Yes. I've never had a cashier act any differently or unprofessionally. That part has never made me nervous. But I have run into people I know while shopping at both drug stores and more specific medical supply stores, and that did make for unpleasant thrills and "what ifs." Nothing was ever said about me having a case of pull-ups under my arm, but I think they noticed and may or may not have thought it odd.

Guest Wetnmessy247

I have been on both sides of the cash register.

When I was the cashier, if it was a busy day, I didn't give a second thought to scanning anything diaper/baby related. It was too damn busy to care.

However, on slow days, anything diaper/baby related I would notice and just smile inside. :)

My point is this:

If the cashier is an ABDL, they won't make it awkward. :)

If the cashier ISN'T ABDL, then don't make a scene. Act naturally. :whistling:

Ya never know when ya check out. I wore 24/7 when I was a cashier so anyone who was ABDL may have been freaking out over "OMG what does the cashier think" when in reality I wore messy/wet diapers to work every day. :blush:

Guest CanuckDL

its not that when i buy diapers i am worried about what the cashier thinks its more about the spectators because chances are that if i dont want them to see what i am doing they know me well enough to know that they are for me :( also i bought diapers for the 2nd time yesterday annd i am kinda new to this whole thing as in like a couple months, so it's a terrifying experience but well worth it :P

we have bag boys in canada :)

Guest DiaperCurious12

I'm thinking of going and buying a pack of Goodnites this weekend. I'm nervous as hell but I think I need to.

It's pretty hard buying diapers for the first time, even if you prepare yourself for it. As for running into people you know, you'll probably feel a bit more comfortable going to a different medical supply store a town over to lower the odds.

While I do most of my diaper shopping on line now, I used to always buy my diapers in Walmart or other places. I was a little self conscience but the more times I went back and bought diapers the less I felt like people were watching and judging me. Now it doesn't bother me to go into Sam's Club to buy our Member's Marks.

The only real place I can go is Wal-Mart. So I'm just gonna go at like 3am and hope for the best.

honestly the only really bad thing that can happen there is to end up on peopleofwalmart.com picture page.

Thing is, most cashiers are one transaction from being fired. Sell something you shouldn't? Fired. Upset a customer? Fired. Get the change wrong in the customer's favour? Fired. It's a high-turnover job and it's way more than their job is worth to even consider embarrassing a customer buying diapers.

We have bag boys (and girls :P) at some Krogers here in GA and at almost all Publix stores. The cashiers do it themselves at Walmart. I prefer to pack my own, honestly but then, I'm British and we all do it ourselves over there :P. At least that way the chicken doesn't end up in the same bag as the dishwasher powder and the bread doesn't get put under a 5lb bag of potatoes :P

I've always preferred buying things in person to buying online, and that includes diapers. I've probably bought diapers a hundred times by now. Reactions from cashiers are almost always exactly as described by the original poster: they don't notice, they don't care, they've forgotten you by the time you reach the door.

I've only had two problems ever. Once, I got a brief disgusted glare from a gum-snapping sixteen-year-old valley-girl type who was working the cash register and obviously resented the whole concept of employment. I found her 'tude kind of annoying, but it was really not a big deal. The other time, a friendly and chatty and somewhat clueless clerk asked me, sympathetically but very loudly (and right in front of several other customers), whether I'd like her to put my diapers in a bag so I wouldn't be embarrassed about carrying them outside the store. That was fairly embarrassing at the time, but blushing doesn't leave a scar. :)

The vast majority, though, were totally unmemorable. I might as well have been buying broccoli. So I'll back up the OP on this: have no fear.

Once I was buying diaper wipes and the other cleaning essentials when one of my higher up coworkers spotted me. Interesting how I just said hi and everything and had a normal conversation as if the stuff I had wasn't even there. I think is that he wouldn't even thought of of it the next morning unless it was diapers even then nothing much. I think that most people do not care or that they are too embarrassed to ask or just think that it may embarrass you about it. And if they do just say something to let them know to drop it and I think that they will with out much thought. That is just my two cents. That I do not care really what people think of me.

Once I was buying diaper wipes and the other cleaning essentials when one of my higher up coworkers spotted me. Interesting how I just said hi and everything and had a normal conversation as if the stuff I had wasn't even there.

Baby wipes have a multitude of uses aside from diaper clean-up though. They're useful in the car, picnics, camping, for stuff you can't use strong cleaners on, <cough>post coitus</cough>, etc, etc, etc, etc... They probably didn't even notice the wipes but even if they did, there are probably a thousand other reasons they would have thought of before you wearing diapers.

I bought a bundle of Depends Pullups last week at a Walgreens and it was the ONLY thing I purchased (NOTE: The first few times I bought diapers in retail stores I bought a bunch of crap I didn't need just to camoflauge the diapers...stupid!). Anyway, the woman at the register was about my age (50s) and she said "I think there's a coupon for those in this week's circular." So she pulls out a circular and leafs through it for me. Frankly? I enjoyed the attention in an odd sort of way. Here's this sales clerk trying to help me out. How sweet! One would assume she thought I had an incontinence situation, right? Truth probably is that she didn't assume anything or give it a second thought. She was just trying to be helpful.

Enjoy the anxiety of buying diapers while you can. Like a lot of other things in life, the novelty will wear off. ;-)

Baby wipes have a multitude of uses aside from diaper clean-up though. They're useful in the car, picnics, camping, for stuff you can't use strong cleaners on, <cough>post coitus</cough>, etc, etc, etc, etc... They probably didn't even notice the wipes but even if they did, there are probably a thousand other reasons they would have thought of before you wearing diapers.

I rarely use baby wipes but baby powder and creme with my bone dry skin and sweatting feet too. Creme for the skin and powder for the feet, that is. My doc once gave me the hint and it works like a charm. So I usually go to the supermarket and get them supplies there. It doesn't make me nervous at all :shrug:

a gum-snapping sixteen-year-old valley-girl type

wow all of the sudden it is 1983 again, maybe I can get some good old school Pampers while we are here.