LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Unexpected Issue While Wetting My Diaper Today

I don't wet my diaper on a regular basis, so this my be a common occurrence but it has never happened to me. Today after lunch I came home and went back to work (I work from home). I had drank two large glasses of iced tea during lunch so I knew it would be coming out soon. Just as the urge hit me I realized that I needed to go to Walmart to pick something up. I generally don't wet my diaper unless it is an accident. I do like to put myself in the position that I might have an accident but I usually don't have one. I was already wearing an Abriform X-plus so I decided it would be a good day to see if I could have an accident. I put on some pants, drank two large glasses of water and left for Walmart. While I was there those two glasses of water hit me and although I tried to hold it longer I couldn't. Now, here is the strange part. As I was wetting my diaper I could feel the diaper filling up with liquid, and I mean it was really filling up. It was like the diaper wasn't absorbing any liquid at all. I stood there for awhile and still nothing. I started to worry that I was going to have to walk to the bathroom or back to my car like that and would surely have a leak. Finally, after what seemed like five minutes of pretending to read the same DVD case the diaper started to absorb the liquid and it went away. Has anyone had that happen before? Maybe the padding in the diaper was packed too tight?

I'm not crazy experienced, but no Ive never had that happen. I mean, I felt the liquid stream down, but never just sit there. Maybe it was a major flood with all that water?!

Disposables in general are not really good when it comes to heavy floods. Abena X's are wonderful products and one of my favorites, and I have noticed this too with them and other disposables. The 'problem' is, they do take time to absorb wetness. The padding is made of many layers, one of which is a layer of SAP (super absorbent polymer) There is a reaction with these products that takes time for them to work, which is why you feel the pooling instead of absorbing. The padding and 'acquisition layer' can only hold so much before it's transfered to the SAP, The SAP has to undergo a slow chemical reaction to do it's thing, which is where the problem is. The trick is to not flood completely. I know that when you need to go you need to go N*O*W, and it's an amazing relief when you do...but you can't really do that, no matter how bulky the disposable is. The pee will pool and slowly absorb, and you just have to wait...or let go slowly and control the flood, which lets the diaper do it's work properly. I have done it both ways, and slower is better.

Something else that may be a factor is how long you had the diaper on before you used it. The oil from your skin can affect how it works as well, since the product is designed to be absorbent, the oil from your skin gets on the inner liner sheet and can act as a repellent. I had this happen with some pull ups I was wearing and didn't use right away, they leaked like a sieve, and I couldn't figure out why. I wore them like 2 days and then tried to use them, and the inner liner had evidently soaked up some of my skin oil, enough to interfere with the function of the pull up..either that or I had them on inside out :blush:

Anyways, it does happen, and you have to be careful about flooding. either that or switch to cloth diapers and not worry, as they absorb and wick almost instantly.

qwack

• Like 1

This is normal even for high quality Abena diapers. Its a matter of surface area exposed. If your diaper is on snugly or depending on your physical posistion, your pee may sit on the front of the diaper and take up less space. You need your pee to reach as much area of the diaper as possible. When this happend again, walk around or re-adjust your diaper to allow your pee to flow donward for a bit.

If you may flood, you need to make sure that your diaper is snug around the legs or it will leak. It is also common to leak out the top if your pee has nowhere to go. I always recommend wearing larger underwear around your disposable diaper to help catch any of these minor leaks.

This just happened to me today while waking up from a nap.

I flooded my Bambino to the max.

I put my "you know what" pointing towards my butt, so it wouldn't get all over the front.

After I let it all out, I felt a puddle and just waited a second.

Then I carefully got up so as not to get pee everywhere.

It absorbed every bit of wetness and I still haven't taken them off yet.

Just sitting here in a leather chair enjoying the warm "naughty" feeling b/f I go change.

Like I tell everyone with a PC "You should have invested in a Mac," I tell everyone what Dirty Rocker said, "Disposables are not good for flooding." If you want to flood and never worry about a leak go with cloth diapers and plastic pants. However! All that said I'd like to warn you not to hold it too often like that, because I've heard that's bad for you. I think that may be one of the reasons I became impotent eight years ago. My bladder doesn't empty until it is over full. So I always flood. At night I wear three gauze prefold diapers and they are completely saturated in the morning, but they don't leak! Either way, have fun in your diaper.