LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Weight...

So I am 250+ pounds and I was hoping for some suggestions to help a big guy like me to lose around 100 - 130ish pounds over the next 3 months or so and keep it off. I feel like I may feel better about myself if I had a better figure and it would most likely help my self-esteem. I hate going out to bars or whatever because I am so self conscious of myself. Anyway if anyone has any tips that worked for them I would appreciate it a lot.

• Like 1

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=15104

this is a whole thread that has been ongoing for months about members here exercising and losing weight, theres lots of info there....

it might be that its going to take you a bit longer than you'd like to lose 130 lbs, the key is to take it off at a nice steady pace while making lifestyle changes (including changing bad eating habits, and getting into the habit of working out on a regular schedule). Taking it off at a nice steady pace while making positive lifestyle changes will help ensure you do not gain it back again.

• Like 1

I used to weigh 260 when I was 18, it took me a year of eating very little, about 600 calories a day, to loose 130 lbs.

There is no quick fix to loose weight, I have been on and tried every diet ever know to keep my weight in check, I did gain back as high as 150 at times just by not paying attention to what I was eating.

It has been a constant battel for the past 40 years to stay slim, right now I'm at my lightest point ever and love it, I'm 105 now.

First change your diet.

Then exercise, increasing the amount gradually and making sure you variate.

I was a big'un, then I changed.

I went from kebab and chips and playstation every night to cereals, fruit and 3 mile runs every night.

It takes time though mate, you can make a dent in 3 months but keeping it consistent takes alot of time and effort. Start by making little changes and increase them every week. Don't crash change becuase youll do more harm than good.

Well its worth a shot. Mabey I can start walking around the neighborhood some or something =/

Im at work 75% of the time so theres just not alot of time in between to do anything.

I believe it would be unhealthy to lose that much weight in three months. 2 pounds a week is considered good. If you lose too much you can put undue pressure on your heart and other organs and chances are you'll put the weight right back on. So be careful. Consult your physician! We love you and want you to stick around for a while!

It's all about more output than input, you don't even have to "eat right" either, despite what everyone will tell you. You need to eat more natural foods even if they aren't considered, by modern standards, to be healthy, drink water, and exercise.

Our ancestors used to eat the equivalent of a pound of bacon as often as they wanted, the difference is, they got up and kept moving.

Guest diapered67

I have had weight problems half my life, even with 20 years in the Navy I struggled with my weight. I would lose the weight, keep it off for about 6 months. Then would gain more back. So what happened after retirement?

I got lazy and I reached over 300 pounds.... so now what, well I diet, count my calories and exercise.... I eat 5 times a day, small meals, however feel better. I am down to 250 pounds, it is a struggle, but it is either die or change.... I would rather change and live a good life ... than lose life...

Good luck too you.... You can do it..

Diapered

P.S. Just think you can drop a couple of diaper sizes and enjoy this lifestyle....

130 lbs in 3 months is too unrealistic and would be incredibly unhealthy. Don't go by what is happening on shows like the 'Biggest loser' because that is not a true indication on how to lose weight and keep it off in a healthy way.

Like many folks here, I have struggled with my weight as well. I did manage to lose 70 lbs on the Atkins Diet a few years ago but put the weight back on. While Atkins worked for me at the time I cannot recommend it due to all the unhealthy fats you consume while on it.

It really comes down to 'calories in, calories out'. You need to burn more calories than you take in in order to lose weight. Don't starve yourself, just try to reduce your overall intake of calories gradually. Get some exercise. Start off slow and gradually work your way up in frequency and intensity. Do something that you enjoy. Nothing kills motivation quicker than struggling with a work out regime that you aren't enjoying.

Get off the junk food. We all know what junk food is so try to avoid it. Find some friends who want to lose weight too and keep each other honest. Exercising alone is alright but working out with a friend is much better IMO.

2-3 pounds a week is a healthy rate of weight loss. In 1 year you will be down over 100 lbs.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Don't go by what is happening on shows like the 'Biggest loser' because that is not a true indication on how to lose weight and keep it off in a healthy way.

Very true, on a show like that you have a personal trainer, dietitian, and slew of other professionals mixed with at least 6 hour days of nothing but hard exercise.

There's some good advice here already, so I won't bother being too verbose. But, cut out soda entirely if you haven't already. Don't drink your sugar at all even, that means no sweet tea either ya Texan! I know it sounds hard, but you won't miss it in the end. Healthy food is actually delicious, it just doesn't cater to all of the cravings you've developed over the years of putting crap into your body. There's really no need to go hungry either, you can eat as much fruit as you want at any time of the day and not gain a pound doing so.

It takes time though, I lost about 70lb over the course of a year and a half. You can do it though, and it's worth it believe me. Feeling healthy is much more satisfying than the junk food ever was. You're young, capable, and owe it to yourself.

I'm willing to bet that you have a good 50 lbs. of accumulated waste in your colon. Look up colon cleansing. That'll allow you to assimilate the nutrients that you do put into your body.

Some very good tips were given:

1. Calorie counting will allow you to lose weight, but it may not be healthy if you only reduce the number of calories and not take into consideration the quality of the food.

I have actually lost 10 lbs in the first month that I started following (and not perfectly, either) the Gracie diet. It's not a fad diet. It is a lifestyle change. It is based on food combinations. Milk and sugar do not go together. Combining the wrong foods creates an acidic environment in your body and allows disease to take over. I simply stopped eating my two bowls of cereal in the morning and substituted better combos.

I have lost 20 lbs total and have kept it off for over a year. I have always eaten a lot. I eat just as much, now, but I eat GIANT salads. My dressing is Extra Virgin Olive Oil and salt. I do spice it up with parsley and oregano.

2. No more soda. I don't remember my last soda. Maybe 2 or 3 months ago. In fact any processed sugar or artificial sweetener will eventually kill you.

If you want some reading material, try: Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know by Kevin Trudeau.

Raw food is good for you, too. I eat potatoes raw and cook my meat medium rare. (Of course, they are organic, too).

(Related tangent #1) I have been battling my weight all my life, as part of my problem is that I am genetically predisposed to being larger, part is eating like I was playing football after I had stopped playing, and parts were waiting 4 months for knee surgery in 2004, and part of it is me not having control over the stress in my life which has kept me perpetually hungry, an inability to sleep properly which has left me depending on caffeine to get through the day, and the final part was a lack of workout routine.

In January, I quit the health club where I was signed up. It was frustrating because it was a small place run by our town and didn't have much in the way of equipment, the pool was constantly used by our town's schools and swim team, and they were raising rates while giving us less. I got so mad I didn't even go for a year before I decided to quit and joined a new health club.

Genetics, I can't do anything about those. But I am 6' 2" with a big build (even if I wasn't battling my weight, I would be about 210-220 pounds).

The stress, I can't do anything about. It's part of my job and I can't just up and leave my job at this point. How to help cope with it enough to stop being constantly hungry?

The sleep is hard to solve also. Some asked if it is because of my caffeine intake, but I generally have no caffeine after 3 pm, which is 8 or so hours before bed time. My main sleep problem is an overactive mind which wakes me up during the night. The issue with caffeine is simple - I may be allergic to coffee, and my source of caffeine came to be 1-Liter bottles of soda. Usually only (like that makes it any better) 1 per day, but it still is sugar and combined with the lack of physical activity, it aided in my weight gain.

Knee surgery, well, couldn't avoid that either. I hurt it while working, and my job then was exercise in itself, and I was in the 220-230 pound range when I was working there. My weight wasn't the issue, a combination of a birth defect which affected the connective tissue in my knee and twisting it wrong was the problem. It took 4 months to get surgery, and I couldn't exercise then, so my life was sitting except when I was walking to class at school.

Food has always been an issue for me. I grew up playing sports, and occasionally it was multiple sports at a time. When I stopped playing sports (especially football in 2001 and roller hockey in 2000), my eating didn't stop, so I gained weight. Combined with the soda mess, it made for a bad combination.

These factors together led me up to a weight as high as 337 pounds. I am at about 322 now, which means I lost 15 pounds from my highest.

(Off to related tangent #2) During my life, I have gone through periods of great weight loss and massive weight gains. I went from 270 to 212 in 7 months without much effort, bounced back up to about 220 and held my weight there until my knee problem. But I lost the weight the wrong way. I tried to drastically lower my food intake to what is considered a normal level and cut out soda entirely cold turkey. It worked for a while until I got my job where I injured my knee (remember the job itself was 4 hours of exercise a shift), at which point I couldn't maintain what I had started. It was a crash, and it finally found bottom and wasn't maintainable for me.

I am trying to lose weight again with a different strategy. Instead of crashing or trying something odd or trendy, I am stepping down. My soda intake was a liter or more per day as recently as last week, now I am limiting myself to 1 of the 24-ounce bottles a day (1000 mL compared to 710 mL is a 29% reduction of soda consumption) and another step down will happen every 2 or 3 weeks. I go to the gym 2 or 3 days a week, and then have a sport practice most Friday nights or Saturday afternoons (sorry, not making it public as to what sport as it is a niche sport and doesn't have too many people playing in my area). I am eating Hungry Man (again, not the best choice, but it is a step down compared to how much and the amount of calories I was eating) for lunch, with plans to step down to less food in a few weeks time, as my body gets used to not eating as much. And my main thing I am doing is not watching the scale daily. It is discouraging to see the number not dropping every day. I am watching my week to week progress, and how I feel, and how well I do in my sport. My sleep and stress I try the best I can with. And this approach feels like it will work the best of any I have heard of or tried. Basically, Fluff is the one whose advise I would most recommend.

Do yourself a favor and talk to your doctor. Loosing that much weight that fast could put a strain on your heart and kill you.

Start with a simple exercise program, less portions and lots of fruit and veggies. Cut out the sodas and switch to water.

This would be a great start and you should see some results in time. This does take time and does not happen over night.

Hang in there and stay Pampered

SoCalAB

Http://socalab.250x.com

So I am 250+ pounds and I was hoping for some suggestions to help a big guy like me to lose around 100 - 130ish pounds over the next 3 months or so and keep it off. I feel like I may feel better about myself if I had a better figure and it would most likely help my self-esteem. I hate going out to bars or whatever because I am so self conscious of myself. Anyway if anyone has any tips that worked for them I would appreciate it a lot.

• Like 1

I've never had to lose more than 100 pounds before, so I don't know what it's like to lose a large amount. But I did shed 20 pounds, and the technique, I'm sure, is the same for any amount of weight loss.

(1) Diet. The key is to eat to live, not live to eat. Don't consume loads of junk. If you have a moderate, healthy diet, feeding your body what it needs as opposed to what you mind tells you it wants, this is a big step.

(2) Motivation. If you really want to lose weight, you can't become frustrated. You have to keep your eyes on the prize and not waver from your mission. It'll take time; hang in there.

(3) EXERCISE. I don't care what anyone says, any weight loss program cannot be done by diet alone. Exercise is essential. I fit in exercise wherever and whenever I can -- taking the stairs, going swimming once a week, doing 30 ab crunches a day, and running 4 times a week, and this keeps me as trim as I can get. A body that is kept fit is a fat-fighting machine. A sluggish metabolism, unused to being charged up by exercise, will only get you so far even if you have a sensible diet.

Simply put, I eat right, I'm motivated to be trim and I get lots of regular exercise. This is what works. Good luck.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet that you have a good 50 lbs. of accumulated waste in your colon. Look up colon cleansing. That'll allow you to assimilate the nutrients that you do put into your body.

Some very good tips were given:

1. Calorie counting will allow you to lose weight, but it may not be healthy if you only reduce the number of calories and not take into consideration the quality of the food.

I have actually lost 10 lbs in the first month that I started following (and not perfectly, either) the Gracie diet. It's not a fad diet. It is a lifestyle change. It is based on food combinations. Milk and sugar do not go together. Combining the wrong foods creates an acidic environment in your body and allows disease to take over. I simply stopped eating my two bowls of cereal in the morning and substituted better combos.

I have lost 20 lbs total and have kept it off for over a year. I have always eaten a lot. I eat just as much, now, but I eat GIANT salads. My dressing is Extra Virgin Olive Oil and salt. I do spice it up with parsley and oregano.

2. No more soda. I don't remember my last soda. Maybe 2 or 3 months ago. In fact any processed sugar or artificial sweetener will eventually kill you.

If you want some reading material, try: Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know by Kevin Trudeau.

Raw food is good for you, too. I eat potatoes raw and cook my meat medium rare. (Of course, they are organic, too).

Don't take this the wrong way but I noticed something about what you said. The colon (large intestine) only absorbs water. Once it leaves the small intestine, it is over.

You may want to reconsider the meat as well. I don't get medium rare so I do not know how well it is cooked but remember that there are bad things in all meat that need to be killed with proper cooking.

I am not dismissing your statement but just so you do what you are doing safely.

Thanks for your concern Hidden,

Don't take this the wrong way but I noticed something about what you said. The colon (large intestine) only absorbs water. Once it leaves the small intestine, it is over.

But dry feces can get trapped in the colon and lead to diverticulitis or just become encrusted on the colon wall.

You may want to reconsider the meat as well. I don't get medium rare so I do not know how well it is cooked but remember that there are bad things in all meat that need to be killed with proper cooking.

There is some risk in eating anything at all, but especially raw animal products. The healthy individual's body can take care of those little nasties. The benefits of eating raw or medium rare outweigh the loss of nutrients due to cooking. I speak of whole parts of the muscle; if I eat a burger (only a few times a year), it gets a more thorough cooking because of the grinding process.

As a note: sunny side up or dippy eggs are raw eggs. Pasteurized and homogenized milk = destroyed milk.

Actually in certian animals, eating them raw is considered pretty safe, especially beef. People have been doing it for years. Admittedly most people like it cooked to some degree, but steaks have never killed anyone because they were undercooked.

I am not dismissing your statement but just so you do what you are doing safely.

Hidden,

sorry for going off topic, but I must congratulate you on the movie that you have at the base of your post. I spent 5 - 10 mins throughly enjoying it and cracking up with laughter. Please tell me where I can get a copy... it is excellent.

• Like 1