LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Goldberg Tackles Bladder Problems In New Ads

Whoopi Goldberg is tackling the embarrassing issue of incontinence, she's the face of a new bladder control campaign.

The actress-turned-TV personality has thrown her support behind Poise's 1in3 Like Me drive, which aims to raise awareness of bladder problems in women.

Goldberg has shot a series of humorous short films which will be aired on the Internet, in which she portrays a series of famous historical figures including Cleopatra and Joan of Arc all talking about bladder problems.

The star, who admits suffering the condition herself, says, "Nobody ever wants to talk about LBL (light bladder leakage). For some reason, we've decided there's something taboo about it, but so many women experience it and we should be able to talk about it openly! Leaks don't discriminate, we all go through it, I tell women this all the time."

When I read that title, I thought it was about the old wrestler!

You're not the only one. I definately had a 'WTF?' moment, and I'm not even a fan of wrestling. *chuckle* I guess we're sort of conditioned by media to expect people to say "Whoopi Goldberg" when they're talking about "Whoopi Goldberg". When's the last time (other than now) you've ever heard her being called just "Goldberg"? Weird how that works...

Well, if anyone could really carry this off, it will be Whoopi Goldberg. I hope this campaign does a lot of good in raising awareness and getting people to be able to deal with what ever condition they deal with in a better manner than just sweeping it under the carpet and pretending it doesn't exist.

Go Whoopie!!!

qwack

I often think the "good for her for campaigning about this, so brave, so fearless" but then realize she probably getting paid a truckload of money to do so. I once saw a show about commercials and how they're made and all and professional actors who claim to have a condition in an ad and are promoting a product, legally have to have the condition to do so. Can't remember the commercial they discussed but remember the actress got paid something like 1 million dollars for her 30 second commercial she shot in one day. So yes, good for whoopi for being an advocate but to her it's probably just another fat paycheck too.

.... So yes, good for whoopi for being an advocate but to her it's probably just another fat paycheck too.

I don't know about this instance, but Whoopi donates a lot of her time and effort to charitable causes for free :thumbsup: When she believes in something, that's all that matters to her B) She did that even before she rose to stardom- that's one reason why I :wub: Whoopi :D But generally you are right- most prominent people won't lift a finger for a cause without a paycheck :( To my way of thinking their logic is backwards- the more you can afford to do for free, the better you can make the world. It's us poor people who are limited in how much of ourself we can give :huh: I don't always agree with their causes, but I admire the famous who give of themselves in more than a 'cameo role' because their success has allowed them to ;) If only more would take note and follow much good could be done :)

Bettypooh

The greatest 20th century Britain was a leaker before he died.... Sir Winston Churchill (Affectionately known as Sir pissypants at the time)