LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who Has Used Comco Plastic Pants?

packrat

I need to reorder some plastic pants and with the economy, wondered if anyone has had any comparitive experience with the Comco Manufacturing or the Comco in Minnisota brands of plastic pants. Both are based and manufactured in Minnisota. They are less costly than the Leakmaster brand that I have been using.

www.comcomfg.com

www.comcoincmn.com

thanks,

Rat

I need to reorder some plastic pants and with the economy, wondered if anyone has had any comparitive experience with the Comco Manufacturing or the Comco in Minnisota brands of plastic pants. Both are based and manufactured in Minnisota. They are less costly than the Leakmaster brand that I have been using.

www.comcomfg.com

www.comcoincmn.com

thanks,

Rat

ha rat check on ebay, you can find comco plastic pants on there real cheep, that is the only kind i use and they hold up real well. Diapers

Buy directly from the manufacturer. You can get 6 for 41 dollars plus shipping, about 8 each. That is hard to beat. I have purchased several times from the new comco, they are good.

wribbit

Buy directly from the manufacturer. You can get 6 for 41 dollars plus shipping, about 8 each. That is hard to beat. I have purchased several times from the new comco, they are good.

wribbit

The crotch is not as wide as you might be used to but that only matters if you are very thickly diapered. The material is thick and smooth and they are sturdy, They were once re-badeged as "Tuffy" and the elastics will give out before the material does. They can be gotten in colors and snap-on

Maybe its just me but the ones I got were perfect around the legs and waist but a little extra baggy around the thighs. I like mine a little for form fitted. I really like the suprema PP they feel smooth like the old VIP PP, although they are more expensive I've had 6 pairs for well over 4 years. Two thumbs up for me.

I just got a couple of pairs from an auction on Ebay, and having never tried them before, they seem pretty nice, but I still prefer and love the ones from VIP .....damn I wish someone would make those again.

but I wore the comcos over a double diaper most of the day/ night and don't have any complaints :thumbsup:

As a side note, if you go th their site, the do make odd size pants as well. like large/ extra large, and combine waist size and leg sizes to fit most anyone. So if you have a large waist, but skinny legs yo could order something to fit, like a large/ medium etc.....which makes them more versatile :)

qwack

Thanks for all the insights. I've used leakmaster for a couple of years and appreciate the quality. I find that they always fail at the elastic around the leg openings. Fortunately, I'm a pretty standard medium size. The price difference between the leakmaaster and Comco seem substantial enough for me to give them a try. Again, thanks!

Rat

I find that they always fail at the elastic around the leg openings.

I gave up on Gary 23 years ago because their items were chintzy like that. I've been wondering if they've improved, I guess not. At least they used to be cheap, now they're in the same price range as the rest

What kind of materal are Fetware like, I understand it is quite thin

I gave up on Gary 23 years ago because their items were chintzy like that. I've been wondering if they've improved, I guess not. At least they used to be cheap, now they're in the same price range as the rest

What kind of materal are Fetware like, I understand it is quite thin

Okay, Christine, so you had a bad experience with something made by Gary Manufacturing of San Diego.

Please also understand that for over 50 years Gary Manufacturing has held an outstanding reputation as a contract fabricator of a wide assortment of products, especially garments made with various waterproof fabrics. Gary Manufacturing has usually been the first choice when a customer needs to have their designs for vinyl garments produced in quantity. Of course Gary Manufacturing follows the specifications of the purchase order. If a wholesale client's specs result in what you term "chintzy" products, how can you blame Gary Manufacturing?

Have you ever personally purchased anything at retail from Gary Manufacturing since 1991? Even then their policy was "wholesale only"

In early 1992 Crissy Penn, who happened to live with her then husband Eliot in Northern San Diego County, designed what she considered a revolutionary improvement of vinyl panties design. Once Crissy had gone as far with the design as she could using fabrics available to her at retail fabric stores, she approached Gary Manufacturing to produce panties for her in quantity. From then until she closed Crissy's Creations in June 1994 all of the plastic panties she sold were in fact made by Gary. Crissy used the services of other sewing contractors in the San Marcos and Vista, CA, USA area (closer to her home) for mass production of her non-plastic AB clothing.

Sharing opinions on DD and similar forums is wonderful. However, the serious civil tort of "defamation of business or professional reputation" is not so much fun.

Back 23 years ago, what efforts did you make to reach a settlement with Gary Manufacturing?

I am not a representative of Gary manufacturing.

Sincerely,

Angela M. Bauer, Esq, attorney at law

Okay, Christine, so you had a bad experience with something made by Gary Manufacturing of San Diego.

Please also understand that for over 50 years Gary Manufacturing has held an outstanding reputation as a contract fabricator of a wide assortment of products, especially garments made with various waterproof fabrics. Gary Manufacturing has usually been the first choice when a customer needs to have their designs for vinyl garments produced in quantity. Of course Gary Manufacturing follows the specifications of the purchase order. If a wholesale client's specs result in what you term "chintzy" products, how can you blame Gary Manufacturing?

Have you ever personally purchased anything at retail from Gary Manufacturing since 1991? Even then their policy was "wholesale only"

In early 1992 Crissy Penn, who happened to live with her then husband Eliot in Northern San Diego County, designed what she considered a revolutionary improvement of vinyl panties design. Once Crissy had gone as far with the design as she could using fabrics available to her at retail fabric stores, she approached Gary Manufacturing to produce panties for her in quantity. From then until she closed Crissy's Creations in June 1994 all of the plastic panties she sold were in fact made by Gary. Crissy used the services of other sewing contractors in the San Marcos and Vista, CA, USA area (closer to her home) for mass production of her non-plastic AB clothing.

Sharing opinions on DD and similar forums is wonderful. However, the serious civil tort of "defamation of business or professional reputation" is not so much fun.

Back 23 years ago, what efforts did you make to reach a settlement with Gary Manufacturing?

I am not a representative of Gary manufacturing.

Sincerely,

Angela M. Bauer, Esq, attorney at law

Why does the lawyer stuff have to come out? This is not a courtroom. I am reporting my experience prompted by someone reporting theirs and that report matched my experiences. I do not believed that this rised to the level of defamation and hope that there will nto be any attempts at intimidation or bullying

It was more than one experience, if it were not, I would not heave mentioned it. It was in connection with an AB/DL/LG company out of CT. and the saying goes, once burned twice shy. I was hoping Gary would get their act together. the design was excellent.

Why does the lawyer stuff have to come out? This is not a courtroom. I am reporting my experience prompted by someone reporting theirs and that report matched my experiences. I do not believed that this rised to the level of defamation and hope that there will nto be any attempts at intimidation or bullying

It was more than one experience, if it were not, I would not heave mentioned it. It was in connection with an AB/DL/LG company out of CT. and the saying goes, once burned twice shy. I was hoping Gary would get their act together. the design was excellent.

Christine,

You are a beloved and respected member of this ABDL community. You would not have written what you did without a good faith belief. However, what you wrote does constitute defamation of business and professional reputation. That can and sometimes does happen by accident.

In your more recent post you share your opinion that the design of the product was excellent at the same time hoping Gary (Manufacturing) would get their act together.

What is the basis of such a statement? Did you write the contract between the designer and Gary Manufacturing? What were the specifications? Did the customer accept delivery from Gary Manufacturing and then distribute the products you say were sub-standard?

How frequently have you used a contract manufacturer to mass produce product you will sell? Please understand that the wholesale customer has the right and duty to inspect the manufactured good prior to accepting delivery. Once delivery has been accepted and the retailer ships the product to end users, all responsibility falls on the retailer and none rests with the contract manufacturer. In this case inspection of the product did not require special training or equipment. There apparently were no defects a reasonable person performing due diligence could not discover.

Over 20 years ago whatever dispute you had should have been resolved. By now no court will deal with the original dispute. However, since Gary Manufacturing is an on-going business with an outstanding and earned reputation for following specifications, continued expressed and published opinions about a need to get their act together could easily be proven to be defamation. When you posted to this website you published your opinion, as if you placed an ad in a newspaper. Were you quoting from the transcript of a trial, or from the ruling of a judge? Those are not subject to the tort of defamation.

Over my own nearly 20 years communicating with the ABDL community I have not made a secret that I am an experienced litigation attorney who copes with my incontinence by relaxing as an AB. As far as possible I look the other way when members make statements in posts that are hurtful. Gary Manufacturing is not my client. I own no share of their firm. Without knowing it I had worn panties made by Gary Manufacturing which had been designed and were sold by ProHealth. Those were marvelous panties, made of a soft yet boilable vinyl. Bummer the ProHealth warehouse burned late in 1991, melting their inventory and putting them out of business. It was while communicating with ProHealth I learned Gary Manufacturing was the contract producer. All the panties I bought were well made. So too a year later were all the panties Gary Manufacturing made for Crissy's Creations. Once Crissy decided to go out of the AB business she allowed a couple in Whittier to continue having Gary Manufacturing use her patterns. Nobody ever complained those were less than well made. I bought many of them until 1997 when that couple folded their business.

Follow the logic: Many firms use Gary Manufacturing as their contract factory. Yet the problem you mention was based on a design Gary Manufacturing did not develop? Somehow only those products were sub-standard? Do you seriously think any jury will buy that as a defense?

You are entitled to post your opinions here, but the fact your post is within the DD TOS does not protect you from litigation. I also am entitled to post here. I try to be polite and constructive. I do not want to suppress creativity. I also am prudent enough to re-read and edit my posts before sending them to protect myself from charges of defamation.

Christine,

You are a beloved and respected member of this ABDL community. You would not have written what you did without a good faith belief. However, what you wrote does constitute defamation of business and professional reputation. That can and sometimes does happen by accident.

In your more recent post you share your opinion that the design of the product was excellent at the same time hoping Gary (Manufacturing) would get their act together.

What is the basis of such a statement? Did you write the contract between the designer and Gary Manufacturing? What were the specifications? Did the customer accept delivery from Gary Manufacturing and then distribute the products you say were sub-standard?

How frequently have you used a contract manufacturer to mass produce product you will sell? Please understand that the wholesale customer has the right and duty to inspect the manufactured good prior to accepting delivery. Once delivery has been accepted and the retailer ships the product to end users, all responsibility falls on the retailer and none rests with the contract manufacturer. In this case inspection of the product did not require special training or equipment. There apparently were no defects a reasonable person performing due diligence could not discover.

Over 20 years ago whatever dispute you had should have been resolved. By now no court will deal with the original dispute. However, since Gary Manufacturing is an on-going business with an outstanding and earned reputation for following specifications, continued expressed and published opinions about a need to get their act together could easily be proven to be defamation. When you posted to this website you published your opinion, as if you placed an ad in a newspaper. Were you quoting from the transcript of a trial, or from the ruling of a judge? Those are not subject to the tort of defamation.

Over my own nearly 20 years communicating with the ABDL community I have not made a secret that I am an experienced litigation attorney who copes with my incontinence by relaxing as an AB. As far as possible I look the other way when members make statements in posts that are hurtful. Gary Manufacturing is not my client. I own no share of their firm. Without knowing it I had worn panties made by Gary Manufacturing which had been designed and were sold by ProHealth. Those were marvelous panties, made of a soft yet boilable vinyl. Bummer the ProHealth warehouse burned late in 1991, melting their inventory and putting them out of business. It was while communicating with ProHealth I learned Gary Manufacturing was the contract producer. All the panties I bought were well made. So too a year later were all the panties Gary Manufacturing made for Crissy's Creations. Once Crissy decided to go out of the AB business she allowed a couple in Whittier to continue having Gary Manufacturing use her patterns. Nobody ever complained those were less than well made. I bought many of them until 1997 when that couple folded their business.

Follow the logic: Many firms use Gary Manufacturing as their contract factory. Yet the problem you mention was based on a design Gary Manufacturing did not develop? Somehow only those products were sub-standard? Do you seriously think any jury will buy that as a defense?

You are entitled to post your opinions here, but the fact your post is within the DD TOS does not protect you from litigation. I also am entitled to post here. I try to be polite and constructive. I do not want to suppress creativity. I also am prudent enough to re-read and edit my posts before sending them to protect myself from charges of defamation.

As I said, my experinces were 23 years ago. The post to which I am responding is present day and notes a similar situation. Please note for the record, I did not bring up the issue. If the two matc; well, I did not create Dimension and Extension nor write the laws of probability, chance , space, time and coincidence into it. What is; is and since we cannot examine the whole of it, reasnable persons found their notions on what is encounter, taken as examples of the larger whole.

If the law is so finicky that defamation of business can be by accident then let me refer to Mr. Bumble, nor did I write that, either. Nor its consequences

By the design being excellent, I meant the dimensions and shape. The rapid failure of the product gave rise to the notion that the material (too thin) or workmanship (failure to reinforce stress points when working with thin material) was shoddy. This occurred with several pair of panties and one bib. I concluded at the time, 1987, that Gary was a new company and would improve over time. A reasonable notion. That is to say, I chalked it up to experience

Nor is it reasonable to expect that a layman (or laygirl?) could be expected to know the ins and outs of the business. The only reference to the quality of an item is what it does and the label on it. This being before the days of nano-technology and being able to put the whole history of product development on a microchip and sticking it on the label.

Thank you for the pat on the back

Your Witness.

How does Comco ship their products as far as discreteness is concerned. Sorry if this has been asked before I haven't been able to find it here or on their site.

Geez. Angela & Christine - Sorry for starting a string that resulted in the need for Angela's legal brief on libel. Thanks, Angela for pointing out what many of us forget; there is a thing called decorum: the absence of which, slander and libel, can get us into unexpected problems. We should all be more vigilant about our remarks and written comments about people or company experiences, particularly those that are problematic. What did my old mentor once tell me? "If you don't have something kind to say about someone, better to say nothing." (he was not a lawyer)

Anyway, the answer to the Comco question is that I do not recall which website indicates discrete shipping. Best to check back with them before ordering. One of the two companies will not take web orders, so shipping discretion could be discussed at that time. I'll be ordering in the next 6 to 8 weeks and will reply back to this string with my opinions and observations.

• 2 weeks later...

www.comcomfg.com

www.comcoincmn.com

thanks,

Rat

I wear cloth diapers, and have tried several different manufacturers of plastic pants. The only one I purchase now are the COMCO pants because they are not terribly expensive and work very well for me. I have used COMCO for many years.

What is the difference between the two companies? Are they making pants at the same spec or are they different?

I noticed a similarity of products between the two - but MN has snap on pants and MFG doesn't etc. Can anyone elaborate on why they are both operating under similar names? Is one a licensor to the other?

More curious than anything.

-Todd