LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Generation Of Ab/Dl'S

Remember when some older folks who grew up in the 50's preferred cloth with plastic pants.

Then my generation were some of the first to get the early Pampers. (oh that smell and feel)

Now I am slowly seeing a generation that isn't so concerned about the crinkle that us in the middle like.

In fact "Cushies" biggest selling point is the cute designs. (not sure if they are plastic or cloth like)

They (new generation) always knew "cloth like" covering. So plastic backed isn't as important to them.

Has anyone else noticed this as well?

since I was never required to wear diapers post potty training, I didn't develop my interests from wearing. The sight, the smell, the feel got me into them. If my first exposure to diapers were what are currently sold, I might not have developed a diaper fetish at all.

• 2 weeks later...

for what i can remember growing up in the 80's when i was very little my mother had me in cloth diapers, then she said i when i was daytime potty trained I worn pampers plastic backed type untill i out grown them by age 9. then i was using for what i remember early leaking adult small diapers, then into depends by 1997 then in 2001 i became into full time wearing depends max three type, and now im wearing bambino's at night, and just switched to molicares by day. I like the feel and sound of plastic backed diapers.

For most of the time that I was in DPF it was part of the AB literature that for both babies and ABDL's that, once tried significanlty, cloth was preferred, even by those who grew up with disposables.

The early disposables did not have leg and waitbands and fastend with only one tape per sice. The early leg bands were not so good and did not do much for leaks. Then came the 2 and 3 tape models. As gel replace bulk, that was a negative as it felt slimy. If disposables were as complicated then as they are now, they would have gone nowhere. Think of it; 6 tapes to line up and fuss with and even then you can bet on having a let-go at some time or other, as opposed to 2 or even 1 pin that once secured is secure. Mommy always has to worry about leaks and then there's the expense. I had a social worker tell me she was appalled at women on welfare using disposables as the front line diaper.

Disposables at their inception were never meant to replace cloth, but only to serve as an auxiliary function for travel and the like. The practice of using them as the main diaper began in the late 1960's when we were rich, lazy and did not think past the next episode of Green Acres. Then it became the norm and nobody looks at the economics of this and it becomes the normal complaint that most working mothers are working to "afford diapers and daycare so that they can work" and not have to take care of the baby.

Thoe other problem is how they are disposed of normally. They are supposed to be well rinsed out before being desposed. This is rarely, if ever, done. In the trash can, they attract animals like dogs that tear them out and then scatter them about (I have heard landlords complain of this). Once in the landfill the toxins leech out into the water tables and we see unexplained coloform bacterial incidents to a degree that is far more prevalent than before. The bio-degradable ones would make it worse since they would break down faster and release the toxins sooner and at a greater rate.

Cloth diapers have also changed, we now have the contour and hourglass diapers since the 1970's

Plastic panties have also deteriorated in quality. They used to be made of thicker, higher quality mateial to last for 3 or 4 children per family now, they are like tussue paper. If you can, get your hands on a pair of Sears, Baby Mate better once or any of the better ones, they are like Comco, and this was in the 1980's The thinner materials came out in the 1970's when the price of oil went up and a paper-thin, crappy kind of plastic came onto the market. The same happened with mattress covers, shower curtains and rainwear. In fact, adult plastic panties brag about being lightweight but do not mention the failure rate or the short lifespan. I have some Comco's that are 3 years old and still useful.

As for the crinkle, you can get pretty noisy plastic panties

For me, if it is disposible diapers, why bother? I do not even notice them and that is about as ABLG as a glass of beer or a Colt .45 semi-automatic. If you can cross your legs above the knees then it is not a good diapering. Another test is, if you reach down and feel the front of the diaper and you can tell if it is a boy or a girl, it is not a good diapering

i used to LOVE the clothbacked diaps but......they suck. lol

the sides arent steady the tapes always have issues they leak easier

and they feel less bulky.

I've tried the tenas and the attends and the walgreens brand.

they all blow donkey chunks folks.

plastic backed is a better product because its more reliable

and its in my opinion comfier.

I am an 80's baby but we all grew up around the cloth style diaps.

they look comfier and of course if we had the actual product the kids

did I wouldnt be complaining. If they ever make a real authentic cloth

backed adult diaper like pampers has with the stretch technology and

all that then maybe I would change my tune but they havent and they

dont so there it is.

plastic rules and clothbacked drooles.

lol in my opinion atleast.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't stand the cloth like diapers. I suppose I am the generation that should like the modern pampers style but give me an Abena any day. I can't remember the diapers I wore as a baby but I can still remember that my younger siblings' diapers, which I use to steal, where all the plastic backed Luvs. I truly hope that plastic backed disposables don't become endangered. They are already a threatened species in their natural habitat. In 15-20 years from now, It would be a HUGE bummer to have to pay twice/triple as much for plastic backed diapers just because of sheer supply and demand.

• 5 months later...

I was diapered in the early 90's but for a lot of us it's a personal choice to prefer modern baby diapers over their plastic counterparts.

As a baby I wore plastic-backed diapers, because that's what existed at the time. When I truly became aware of what I was doing with them, and that they actually aroused me, most of the diapers on the market had switched over to the cloth-like cover.

I honestly remember the first time I felt the early Huggies that popularized the cloth-like cover. I remember that they were much softer than the plastic-backed diapers I had worn, they were contoured to fit one's body, and I actually liked the fact that they didn't crinkle as much. Remember, when you're young and exploring this fetish, you usually are trying to hide the fact that you have diapers in your possession from your parents. Anything that crinkles loudly would have made me more paranoid than I already was, and believe me, I was paranoid that my parents would hear the cloth-like cover, which made far less noise than its plastic counterpart did.

What's more, as a teenager, I used my diapers until they simply couldn't be used anymore. Wetting them was considered a "special occasion," and a sort of "celebration" that said that I had absolutely used the diaper that I was wetting to the fullest extent possible. I had to make my diapers last, and believe me, I did. I'd masturbate with the inside of them until I'd shredded the lining to pieces over the course of several months. When the inside was too tattered to reuse any further, I went and used the cloth-like outer cover to masturbate with. Once the outer cover was tattered, I'd usually wet the diaper, or at least what was left of it, masturbate with it one more time, and then dispose of it on trash night. I rationed my diapers out very carefully, sometimes only using two of them a year, and only wetting them when I knew it would be the last time that I was using them.

I also remember the first time that I felt SAP directly against my skin. I absolutely LOVED that feeling. It was mushy and cool, and incredibly arousing to me. The older plastic-backed disposables may have triggered this fetish, but it was the "modern" disposables with the cloth-like outer cover that I truly became attached to.

Honestly, I'd like for the US to get baby diapers like the ones Huggies released in Australia once again. That is, I'd like gender-specific diapers with gender-specific prints, cloth-like outer covers, and modern absorbency technology.

Apparently the parents of the mid-90s also liked the cloth-like outer cover, they overwhelmingly preferred it to the traditional plastic covers of the past, which is why KCWW began using it on Huggies. At the time KCWW began pushing it though, it was pretty expensive to make cloth-like outer covers, which is why P&G held off before adding them to Pampers, and eventually Luvs. Remember, this was around the time that Huggies began outselling Pampers, and P&G had to decide what to do with two Premium disposable diaper brands. Luvs had always played second fiddle to Pampers, but now both Luvs and Pampers were playing second fiddle to Huggies, and that's when P&G pretty much decided to focus on Pampers as their premium diaper and to transition Luvs from a premium brand to what they are now, which is essentially a budget brand. They retained the plastic covers to save manufacturing costs until the manufacturing costs became irrelevant. Of course, some people will always prefer the way something was, rather than the way that it is, regardless of which is actually "better."

To this day I prefer disposables with a cloth-like outer cover. If those aren't available, my next choice would be the old plastic backed disposables. Cloth diapers do absolutely nothing for me, and I have trouble even considering them to be diapers. To me they're makeshift changing pads at best, and suitable to prevent water damage if there's a small plumbing problem at worst. In fact, the only thing that I use cloth diapers for anymore is to prevent water damage in the event of a plumbing problem. I suppose if I had children of diapering age, I'd use them as makeshift changing pads again.

I honestly need to try something like the Huggies Pure and Natural line to form an opinion on bio-degradable diapers, but I do think that they're a good idea. Other countries already have begun adopting compost collection, and it's only a matter of time before the US does so as well. Right now though, bio-degradable diapers are where cloth-like covers were in the early-90s.

One thing that I'm curious about though is why diaper manufacturers removed what used to be a key piece of information from the disposal instructions on the packaging almost a decade ago. Diapers from the '70s used to instruct parents to rinse the feces out in the toilet bowl, separating part of the diaper, and disposing of it afterward. By the '80s, separating the outer cover was a thing of the past, but parents were still instructed to either rinse out the feces prior to disposal, or to dump feces in the toilet if they didn't rinse it. By the '90s, the instructions were to simply dump feces into the toilet, often with the wording "empty feces into toilet prior to disposal," being the exact phrase used. Those directions persisted until around the year 2000 and then simply disappeared. Disposal instructions, when included, no longer mention emptying feces into the toilet, and most packages also lack the old "do not litter" notice. I understand removing the "do not litter" notice, even if some people seem to need the reminder, but I don't understand the removal of the "empty feces into toilet" notice.

I would like to add that I do wish I had plastic-backed baby disposables from the '80s and '90s for the purpose of collectability. I'd like to be able to show the evolution of the disposable diaper one day. I do have a collection of disposable diapers, so perhaps I should open up a museum someday.

Having never breached the subject with the Mom I don;t know what kind of diapers I wore :rolleyes: The pictures always show plastic panties (which were commonly used with both disposables and cloth back then) or I'm wearing pants :baby_smiley3: My becoming DL happened later in life when Pampers were plastic-backed, had one tape per side, had only pulp stuffing, and had no elastic anywhere :whistling: Not good as diapers compared to todays, but these are the diapers I wanted to wear :blush: I was lucky to find some like this after I started wearing but quickly discovered that wearing and wetting in RL was a different ballgame :doh: I also discovered the joys of cloth diapers which have now become my favorite kind :wub: But they have the same problem as what they replaced: for me they are not always a practical choice :( I need discretion and they don't offer that in my lifestyle so I wear cloth-backed adult pull-ups most days, switching to briefs when I need more absorbency and I reserve the cloth diapers for bedtime and evenings at home B) I still find myself wanting to wear the old-fashioned Pampers I described and there's still one made like that but it holds nearly nothing which is no fun anymore now that I have a real need to wear, so I don't wear that kind much and I presently have none of them on hand :(

I think some of being ABDL does relate to going back to the diapers we started in for most of us, but there are exceptions :fish_h4h: At least most of us can find a diaper that we like which is similar to what we really want. The options have never been more wide-ranging than today and today's diapers are far more useful that the older ones for those that use them as intended :girl_happy:

Bettypooh