LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Kia Sorento Commercial

I don't know the commercial, but they have people talking about it, and retention of the brand name, thus it is very effective. Now if you said the commercial with the sock puppet for some car I don't remember which one, it would be poor advertising.

Kia has a good product line?! Now I know you americans have been starved of good cars over the years but seriously... kia, good?!

Well, I got to test drive the new Sorrento before it hit the dealers (yay for the San Diego Int'l Auto Show!) and it is a surprisingly nice SUV. I don't like it as much as my Nissan Xterra, but it wasn't a bad car, and I might (MIGHT) consider it when the time comes to replace my 10 year old Xterra.

Get rid of your stupid ass smart car then talk. the thing looks like the ab of the car world. I want to walk up to it and ask "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Also, Jaguar is a joke, it's an over priced Ford, however my favortie car is a Mini, so love ya for that.

Jaguar is a joke? By all accounts they make some of the nicest saloons cars on the market, easily competing with BMW and Audi in terms of looks and performance.....

Smart cars are on the decline, only rich fools buy them.

Kia is laughed at in the UK, and most of europe, they have nothing going for them apart from a good warrenty scheme.

Jaguars are made with identical parts as an average american ford. You're paying $70,000 for a glorified ford. Never said Kia was great however they are better cars than most people realize. Audi, BMW, volkswagon and Aston Martin are gorgeous vehicles. Jaguras look nice but since they sold off to Ford I refuse to pay that much for a Ford Taurus with prettier skin.

Kia has a good product line?! Now I know you americans have been starved of good cars over the years but seriously... kia, good?!

I drive a 2002 Kia Spectra, and compared to the "American" cars I've had in the past, Kia is better.

Jaguars are made with identical parts as an average american ford. You're paying $70,000 for a glorified ford. Never said Kia was great however they are better cars than most people realize. Audi, BMW, volkswagon and Aston Martin are gorgeous vehicles. Jaguras look nice but since they sold off to Ford I refuse to pay that much for a Ford Taurus with prettier skin.

You do know that Aston Martin was owned by Ford? And the fact that Ford sold Jaguar in 2008? And that the sportier Jags are usually based off the latest Aston's? Except people think the Jags are better since they tend to be more refined. Saying a Jag is the same as a Ford is silly... especially with the newer models.

I drive a 2002 Kia Spectra, and compared to the "American" cars I've had in the past, Kia is better.

My point exactly :X. What ever happend to the good years of american cars? Now they seem to be garbage by all accounts.

Get rid of your stupid ass smart car then talk. the thing looks like the ab of the car world. I want to walk up to it and ask "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Also, Jaguar is a joke, it's an over priced Ford, however my favortie car is a Mini, so love ya for that.

Speaking as a soon to be XJ owner...Um no.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. I have seen the commercial several times, and it has really stuck with me. I think the point of the commercial is to suggest that a normal, mundane thing (e.g. a family-friendly compact SUV, what people used to call a minivan) has a secret inner life, that the outside appearance doesn't tell the whole story at first glance. The fantasy-nature and novelty of the concept grabs your attention, and you watch the fun adventures the dolls are having. Repeated shots of the car associate this with the product. It makes you wonder what you're doing wrong with your life, if your car doesn't instill this kind of excitement and adventure -- which are classic themes used to market cars.

http://www.kia.com/#/sorento/hop-in?sorentoMinisitePage=video-joy-ride

Transcripts: Open on a sunny city street. All is quiet. Suddenly, a Sorento accelerates and comes bounding over a hill in slow motion. We see that behind the wheel is a human-sized sock monkey. Music: the heavy, “how you like me know

You do know that Aston Martin was owned by Ford? And the fact that Ford sold Jaguar in 2008? And that the sportier Jags are usually based off the latest Aston's? Except people think the Jags are better since they tend to be more refined. Saying a Jag is the same as a Ford is silly... especially with the newer models.

My point exactly :X. What ever happend to the good years of american cars? Now they seem to be garbage by all accounts.

I'll stick my $0.02 in here :) Did you know that for the first two years it was on the market (and intentionally withheld from the US :angry:) Acura was not a car brand, but just a premium model sold by Honda dealers. Acura is just a dressed-up overpriced Honda- similarly Infinity and Lexus, Lincoln and Cadillac, and so on :lol: If Honda etal were to incorporate the Acura goodies it sells in their entire product line then all Hondas would be better- but then they wouldn't have a 'premium brand' to brag about and make excessive profits on. People will never learn....

Who owns what doesn't always mean that the owner imposes lesser parts or thinking toward the owned brand, but it sometimes does :huh: When you get down to the bottom line most cars are overpriced. The reason for that is simple: People allow themselves to be sucked into marketing ideas which often have little or no real use or value to them :o PT Barnum hit the bullseye :P For instance: Here in the US very few rear-wheel drive cars are offered, even though it's cheaper and easier to build them compared to front-wheel drive cars. The reason we get stuck with this is only the result of marketing- people have been led to believe that they need a front-wheel drive even when they probably don't :blush: In the US, other than the Model T and the original VW bug, there has never been a really successful attempt at marketing a cheap, plain, and efficient car- yet there are always large numbers of people who plea for such a car to be made! Since we won't buy the car we asked for, we get what we are really asking for then complain about the answer we receive. Us humans are funny creatures sometimes, aren't we? :drive1:

Bettypooh