LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Picked On At Work

So I went to work the other day and was being processed in by security. I came in, put all my junk in one of the plastic boxes (field jacket, duty belt, diaper bag, lunch bag, stab vest, belt buckle, keys, and wallet) and waited my turn to go through the metal detector. The officer that was up front was a guy who doesn't work there every day, but he's there a couple of times a week. As he's going through everything in my box, he holds up my diaper bag and says (loudly), "Hey, what've you got in here?" My bag is a small zippered lunch bag that holds about 5 diapers and that's all I carry in it, so it doesn't weigh much. "Um... just some medical... stuff," I said, hoping I didn't look as nervous as I felt. "Man, it feels like nothin!!" Then, now that he had everyone's attention, he opened it up and looked inside. He must have felt that he tortured me enough, or didn't want to take things far enough to get himself into any trouble, because he didn't even open the bag halfway to check it or make any other remarks.

What upset me was that he has searched my bag before and already knew what was in there. Yes, I know that every single thing that goes into a prison is subject to search. I've been working here for 2 years. My bag of ostomy supplies was searched most of the time, but no one really had any idea what they were looking at and never asked. Most officers just open it a little, thumb through it to make sure I don't have any drugs or bombs or anything in there, and call it good. That's all you need to do. It doesn't matter what is in the item you are searching. The only thing that matters is making sure that specific things are not in there. This was just being an asshat. It would be no different than singling out a female officer who carries one of those cute little tampon-carriers that look like a carrying case for reading glasses. Most people wouldn't even do that, since that would be crossing a line and would probably get them fired.

Yeah, I wear diapers. I don't have much of a choice. It used to be a "why-does-THAT-turn-me-on" kind of thing that I never really explored, and then it became a necessary part of life. I could justify it as a need by simply raising my shirt and showing the huge glaring scars from 2 surgeries, one of which was an emergency which almost didn't get caught in time or I would have died. But I shouldn't have to. No more than I should have been expected to take off my colostomy bags to show where the gaping hole in my lower abdomen to show why I needed those. Just because I have accepted my situation doesn't mean that I want to openly advertise it. Yes, at some point I'll be found out or maybe trust someone enough to tell them. But even then, it will be on a need-to-know basis only.

This bastard knew what he was doing and stood there grinning while he watched me squirm. I just wanted to cry. Instead I volunteered to work the control room of the cellhouse I work in, so that I could sit there and not have to deal with anyone (directly) all day.

/rant

Sometimes you need to turn it around on the person making fun of you and make them feel like the real ass. It will probably embarrass the crap out of you at the same time but if you do that, he's likely not going to make comments again since he knows he could be up for some embarrassment too. You'd probably receive sympathy from everyone else around and this guy would feel about an inch tall getting glares from everyone else.

One thing to keep in mind and it sound like you may be doing this. Yes you have special needs but don't get upset when your stuff does get checked everyday as that is what they're there to do, even if it is embarrassing stuff they're checking. If they didn't, it'd be like special treatment in a way and they really would be doing their job which is to protect stuff from slipping through. If they never checked your stuff but always checked everyone elses, that's discriminating against everyone else. No one should get special treatment and a free pass to go through nomatter who you are or what condition you have. If you have to bring diapers in, they should be "checked" everyday no different then the guy who brought a jacket in everyday. Just because it's an embarrassing item and you bring it in everyday, doesn't mean it shouldn't get checked. It does mean they should do it discretely though and without causing a scene. If they don't do it discretely, in a way, that's harrassment.

I had a simular situation when I worked on a cruise ship. the security officer opened the bag and said with a laugh "WHATS THIS DIAPERS? WHY DO YOU HAVE Diapers?" loud enough for everyone in the security line can hear. Although i was humiliated I went off on the guards telling them how would they like it if they where in my situation and I made a big deal of there personal needs. they quickly shut up... I then, being a good friend of the Chief of security went straight to his office and told him everything... the guards never commented about what i brought on the ship again in fact almost never looked in my bags again.

some people react without thinking, sometimes you have to give em a 2x4 upside the head and they realize that they to could be a situation one day

where all they want is someone not to react in a HEY EVERYBODY LOOK HERE kind of way.

....This bastard knew what he was doing and stood there grinning while he watched me squirm....

/rant

Then make him squirm right back. Go to your boss, have him arrange a meeting between all four of you- the fool and his boss too. Make it clear to your boss that you want someone's head on a plate- period :badmood: Searches and inspections are one thing, but causing someone distress on the job over their medical needs is discriminatory and a disciplinary action is called for. As the twit gets a few days off without pay he will remember to be very, very, nice to you and anyone else who brings personal items in from then on :angel_not:

I can't remember who said it, but "You can be run over only when you lay down and let them do it to you!" :o Stand up for yourself once and nobody will test your patience again :ninja: It does work, I got a grocery store guy drawn and quartered for laughing at me when he 'clocked me' crossdressed. Had I not spoke to the manager he would have kept on with the next hapless TG soul who was unlucky enough to shop there. Don't just take it- fight back! :boxing:

Bettypooh

• 3 weeks later...

that could be a case of harassment... and if it happens again. i would talk to his boss. or your boss about and have this jerk removed. No one should have to deal with being harassed in front of poeple i dont care if its a check point or not. if this guy wasnt such a dick, he would have pulled you to the side and checked your bag in a privet area.

stand your ground dont get pushed around, if it happend to me i would have talked to this person boss, and then gone up in the chain of command till this person was removed. thats me. i dont take crap from anyone mess with me and ill mess with you back. but im going to do it in such away you wish you didnt do it in the first place.