LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dpf Website Is Now Gone

It never was a very good website. DPF was in it's hey dey back when Tommy and Marky were together and maintained a snail mail mailing list / business and directory back when the cutting edge in communication was the HSX forums on CompuServe. It kid of got lost in the shuffle.

It's not particularly pedo. It's certainly not anywhere near the disaster that [That OTHER site] or [That site] is.

What happened was it just fell into disrepair and the boards went to hell for lack of any attempt to keep

out the spammers and spoilers.

I bought my first computer in 2005 and moved out of my mother's house. I first discovered DPF then. I thought,"wow?" I'm not alone. I never really became a member of DPF. I discovered dailydiapers and liked it better. Thanks dailydiapers! sad to see any site that pertains to diapers such as DPF go down.

It's not particularly pedo. It's certainly not anywhere near the disaster that [That OTHER site] or [That site] is.

Man, don't even get me started on [That OTHER site] or [That site]. Both were/are creepy as hell and need to disappear. We're lucky [That OTHER site] did disappear. I remember the news articles that were floating around about Brian Cobb getting arrested for that site. I forget if he ended up going to jail over it.

As others have said, first site I actually "remember" coming across. May have been others I saw first but didn't stick in my mind. Always wanted to get things from the site but everything was sooo expensive especially for a young teen at the time and as others said, site was down a lot. I'd get frusterated with it and move to other sites. It did open a new door for me but had it not been there, there were a number of other sites that would have opened the door to me realizing I'm not alone. I would occasionally check the site, even now, only to see it still hadn't been updated in years and years. Oh well, too bad it went down in flames as all the potential was there.

Nobody really answered, is Tommy still around???

Same here MunchKitten,

Tommy violated my privacy!

DPF was the first site that I stumbled on and I had my privacy invaded also but I have no recollection of who the perpetrator was. At the time I was sharing a computer with my Husband who has since passed away and I was somewhat naive in computer use. I had made up a screen name using my real first name and ventured into the chat room a few times. Somehow my Husband was sent an email to his personal email account by some troll originating from DPF discussing explicit things that both freaked my husband out and angered him.

It wasn't the diapers that were his issue, he made me go to a hospital and get tested for incontinence because of my issues prior to this incident and was fine with my needing to use them. The issue was the sexual aspect of the email and that this person was trying to engage me in behavior that a married woman has no place participating in. He did know that I was telling him the truth about not knowing this person and that yes, I was on the site but not for sexual reasons. I never went back to DPF again so I won't miss it at all.

Hugs,

Freta

He had Alzheimers and a lot of people seem to think he died a few years ago.

Alzheimers? How old is (or was) Tommy? When I saw pics of him circa '96, he looked like he was in his mid-20s to lower-30s.

They were the first ad that I saw way back in the early '90's. I saw it in Penthouse letters. It was SO amazing that there were other people out there like me! I bought paper stories, adult sized baby gear, and all sorts of stuff from Tommy when I was first amazed by his ad. I absolutely loved being able to read the monthly news letters. I met quite a few people from there and got to correspond with them all threw the mail forwarding service.

I miss Tommy, no matter how many bad things are said about him here. He let me see the light.

Alzheimers? How old is (or was) Tommy? When I saw pics of him circa '96, he looked like he was in his mid-20s to lower-30s.

Time for new glasses!! Tommy was in his 60's last I knew. But hey that gives me hope on how old you think I would look! :whistling: I too miss DPF but that was in the 80's before it exploded on the internet scene. I endured it through the mid 90's and then dropped out because they owed me $250 or so for wrong/short orders.

I guess that might have been the first onset of Alzheimer's, wish I would have known. Probably never will now. Oh- well I too wish I knew of his status. I would have thought, like the comment above, if he has passed. Seems it would have gotten out to the community. But you never know what his wishes were.

To me DPF was the first but as we all know it's certainly not the last. :thumbsup:

Time for new glasses!! Tommy was in his 60's last I knew. But hey that gives me hope on how old you think I would look! :whistling: I too miss DPF but that was in the 80's before it exploded on the internet scene. I endured it through the mid 90's and then dropped out because they owed me $250 or so for wrong/short orders.

I guess that might have been the first onset of Alzheimer's, wish I would have known. Probably never will now. Oh- well I too wish I knew of his status. I would have thought, like the comment above, if he has passed. Seems it would have gotten out to the community. But you never know what his wishes were.

To me DPF was the first but as we all know it's certainly not the last. :thumbsup:

Repaid1,When i first met Tommy back in 84 he was in his late 50's or early 60's.Tommy ran D.P.F.till the late 90's or around 2002 when marky took over.This is what i heard from someone who knows him peronaly.Just wish i had not lost his address.Have not talked[phone]to him in years.Darn

Funny i talked to him for a long time and never asked him his age.opps Tommy that is

Wow, someone bought the domain but wants to make it something else? That's just...weird. They'll have AB/DL links pointing there for another decade, in all likelihood.

Of course, I don't think Google cares if the links are relevant, only that you are well linked. *shrug*

I actually managed to get in touch with a couple people who knew Tommy personally, but they said Mikey was doing anything that actually got done, Tommy wasn't well at all. I wrote too, when they offered the domain for sale, but never received a response.

DPF as an organization has been moribund for years, but I had really hoped it would be passed along to a new generation somehow. They did say on the website that they were seeking a buyer for the business, but I heard a rumor from someone who had expressed interest that Marky was asking a ludicrously high sum for it--well over a million dollars is what I heard, which is probably more than DPF was worth in their glory days, and certainly more than it's worth most of a decade after they stopped actually doing or selling anything.

However, three-letter domain names are a pretty valuable commodity now. Very likely the most valuable asset they had, in fact, and the new owners probably paid quite a bit for it. Who knows, maybe now they'll see reason and let the rest of their business go at a better price, into the hands of someone who'll take care of it. The intellectual property especially... all those stories and newsletters and tapes and videos--most of them that I saw weren't very good, but there were gems in there. And anyway, it's history. I wish I could buy them all and put everything online for free, under creative commons, as part of our community's shared heritage.

I remember hearing about someone else who published infantilism stories--I think they were called the "Amber E. Stories". When she passed away, DPF took over publishing those stories, to keep them from disappearing. I really wish Marky would let someone do the same with Tommy's life work.

Really? He looked young for 60.

*tips out a little bit of her 40oz*

...of formula! :-P

^ :roflmao: thats a good one.

And it is an ending of an era. I agree that DD is much better than DPF ever was, but it was the first site that I ever found relating to the diaper fetish and was the first time I ever found out there were others who, like me, had an interest in and who wore diapers. Made me feel better about myself and didn't feel so alone. Tommy did me and many others a great service in that regard.

And many thanks to DailyDi for running this site. This is a great place and I hope it is around for a long time to come.

Like some others here, DPF was what showed me I wasn't alone in liking diapers. Though I was never a member of the community, just knowing it existed was something of a relief for me. For shear sentimentality's sake I'm sorry to see it go.