LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Ethnic Group Do You Belong To?

Jilly Poo

102 members have voted

1. 1. What Ethnic Group do you belong to?

• Black
    • Hispanic
    • White
    • Native American
    • Asian
    • Bi-racial (Choose any that apply plus this option)
    • Alien (Little Green Man/Woman)
    • Other (sorry if I didn
  2. 2. Would you accept an AB/Mommy/Daddy as your own if they were from a different ethnic group then your own?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A I don't R/P
  3. 3. When buying diapers in person, do you feel more selfconcious if the cashier is of a different ethnic group than yourself?

• Never bothers me
    • Yes, but I don't know why.
    • I only use self-check-out
    • Too nervous to tell

This is just basically a curiousity of mine. I hope this doesn't come across as racist but I've noticed that MOST of the pictures posted here and on-line are of White AB/DLs and I was wondering if this fetish just some how appeals to one ethnic group more than another.

I really hope I am not offending anyone with this poll.

I've kept this a private poll so please feel free to answer honestly.

I don't classify myself as any race, because I am two races. But most people when they see me only see "black". Once I start talking and speaking and telling people my name. they get a little confused, and start spitting off non-sense about it. At least the ignorant people that I don't know. Most other people just treat me like a "normal" person. (whatever that is.) I am curious to see how many non-white people answer this poll question. Even though, I'm half white. I don't classify myself as anything but two races.

I can't believe people still care about ethnicity, It really makes no difference to me that someone's genetics decided to make their skin colour and facial features different than mine. In the end we all have different genes (except if you're a twin, but let's not make things complicated) and we all look different, thank god! (coming from an atheist, that's quite bizar to say, but you get what I mean)

So my answer was, I don't care (summarized from the 3 questions)

This is just basically a curiousity of mine. I hope this doesn't come across as racist but I've noticed that MOST of the pictures posted here and on-line are of White AB/DLs and I was wondering if this fetish just some how appeals to one ethnic group more than another.

I really hope I am not offending anyone with this poll.

I've kept this a private poll so please feel free to answer honestly.

I think that you are going to get a biased sample any time that you check the internet for this sort of a thing. I've encountered a lot of people from racial minorities that were into this fetish, but I typically encountered them at BDSM gatherings or on dating websites. There are a lot of cultural biases(such as a much higher degree of internet penetration amongst white folk) which factor into the kind of pictures you are going to see. There could very well be just as many if not more AB/DL's within ethnic minorities but a far lesser amount which are willing to disclose it.

As an anecdote, which I personally find interesting, it seems that I encounter a disproportionately higher number of black females than males who are into being babied.

I think what's sad is when someone does ask what your heritage or skin color is, that some people right away have to apoligize for asking and defend themselves in hopes people won't see them as racist. I feel so many people feel they have to tip toe around the subject. Why can't people just answer the questions, are they afraid to? What's the big deal if someone asks if you're black? Can't you just answer the question? Why have questions like that become such a hang up to many? To me it's no more a question then asking everyone here what color your hair is. I don't see why we have to have the "I don't see why people care about ethnicity, so my answers I don't care" posts here. What, is asking anyone what they look like out of the question anymore? Might as well not tell anyone you're male or female then either, that could be labled as genderizing. Can't poll people on age, religion, height, weight, shoe size I guess either, huh. Get real, how can a question like this offend anyone, get over yourself if it does.

People, why can't a question like this be asked and simply answered anymore?

• Like 2

Ethnicity isn't a qualifying factor when I'm seeking a friend/partner(I would be lying if I said I didn't care, I do care because I'm highly fascinated with how race and culture intersect), but I do not think that is mutually inclusive of a politically correct attitude as you imply. In fact, I would say that to say 'No, I do not care' would be quite a simple answer in regard to such a query.

Guest KuroiYukiKit

Just to say a bit more, I have no cares personally about dating outside of race. And due to bad experiences with my mom I would prolly even avoid an african american female only from bad personal memories. I will say that I have seen a strong majority of caucasians in my time in scene and a small minority group.

I just feel that in social groups of most minorities the idea of being AB/DL is a bit harder to try and share.

I can't believe people still care about ethnicity, It really makes no difference to me that someone's genetics decided to make their skin colour and facial features different than mine.

I agree with you but that doesn't stop me being curious about why it has always been that when photos appear or people are asked, the make up of the community always seems to be fairly significant biased towards caucasian. Is it because of some kind of under-reporting issue or is there really a higher proportion of white people amongst ABDLs compared to the general population? Some people just have a natural tendency to want to know the 'why' of these kinds of situations. Unfortunately, I think that like the other Great ABDL Unknown, 'how many of us are there?', it's pretty much unanswerable :(

Don't get me wrong, I am fascinated by cultural differences and ethnic diversity and the influence that this has on how we interact as a human species. Also there is an exciting thing about cultures and ethnicity, and that is that people look, talk, walk, sound, smell, eat, kiss etc, etc.. different. These things make life and personal relationships more interesting in my opinion.

But other than that, in normal interaction with others I am never really consciously aware that someone else white/black/asian/arabic/whatever or "different" from me. So in that regard I say "I don't care".

It's good that your replies triggered me to make myself clear ;)

I was surprised to see that so many Caucasians. I know that it could just be a fluke and what not but it is still a poll that shows interesting results. Like do caucasians carry a common gene that causes them to have this fetish? Anyway statistics are fun so i always enjoy polls :)

I'm Caucasian. It's true. I admit it.

I was filling out a questionnaire a few months back and one of the options on the "Choose your Ethnicity" question was "gay."

Ah, the times we live in...

I'm whiter than the Polka. My sexual attractions tend to stay within my race, which tends to be true for people across all races, so I don't feel guilty about it. :) For some reason, I feel less nervous with cashiers of different races from mine. First, non-white people seem a lot friendlier and to have a much more calming presence than white people (no offense, fellow white people). Also, if the person appears to be a recent immigrant, I kind of assume (probably incorrectly) he or she is less likely to be versed in American social norms, and therefore less likely to think it's funny that I'm buying diapers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a very interesting question and I'm rather curious to see how it will turn out. Personally, ethnicity doesn't bother me.

I totally Agree. Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2010!biggrin.gif

As for my ethnic group I am Part Norwegian Royal/Native American and German. My phenotype if white, but my genotype had several unique markers only found in Native American. I also have several only found in the Norwegian Royal house hold as well, but that's another story.

As a giant homophagous tree frog from Arcturus III I really don't care at all if my lunch is Milk or Plain, as long as it doesn't contain artificial colourants or additives.

Actually i am a desert frog, fair skinned, shoulder length white hair. Did you know that frog hair was the original fiber optic material. That is why you never see hairy frogs, it was all harvested for cables.

giggles, end of silliness