LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

R.I.P. Digi

Digi, my beloved digital camera was pronounced dead today at 1:23 PM. She drowned in a tragic accident that found her tumbling off of a high shelf, landing directly into a cup of juice on the desk below. She fought bravely, flashing random scenes on her preview screen before succumbing to an apparent pomagranite syrup diabetic coma. She leaves behind two spare batteries and a charger. She will be missed.

Digi never dreamed of the big time, capturing celebrities or exposing politicians. She was happy to live day to day photographing diapers or items bound for ebay. She never judged, giving equal pixels to the roses of the Botanical Gardens, or my crotch for an obscene craigslist post. She enjoyed traveling, mostly in my pocket, ready to capture whatever we may find along life's journey. She led a good life, but sadly one too short.

Her last assignment: Capturing a jungle cat in its natural habitat.

post-1-12638490898988_thumb.png

post-1-12638490898988_thumb.png

Guest diapered67

This my sound crazy.... but you have nothing to loose. If you still have the camera, stick it in a bag of rice. I have a point and shoot camera that I use on hiking trails over here in Hawaii. It is not a waterproof camera, I have dropped it many times in the rivers over here, and the bag of rice have managed to work for me. Just something to try.

Good Luck.

• Like 2

Is that you off to the right? For those who don't know, the rice trick may work. But as for cell phones and the like. Immediately remove the battery pack when immersed in water, more than likely after a day on the old register if the screen has no more condensation, install the battery again...should be fine.

Even if it works after the dip, you should remove the battery and follow the above to be safe...just a tip...And Digi....R.I.P. :angel_not:

• Like 2

hehe, I wish that was me :)

I did pull the battery and memory card right away to save the images and prevent further damage. I'll try the rice thing though I doubt it: I don't think the moisture is the problem, I think it was the syrup (Homemade drink syrup.)

And yes, the one-in-a-million landing is partly why it died. There was a moment of "Wow, did that just happen." before the "crap, get it out of there!" kicked in, lol.

Looking at a replacement but money is tight atm as I just replaced my mom's car tires, and my bedding set.

Hopefully it was too thick to penetrate into the camera electronics. Wal-Mart sells an excellent electronics cleaner (back in automotive) spray. While it’s designed to be safe for plastics, I would test it first and never spray the screen or any of the optics.

hehe, I wish that was me :)

I did pull the battery and memory card right away to save the images and prevent further damage. I'll try the rice thing though I doubt it: I don't think the moisture is the problem, I think it was the syrup (Homemade drink syrup.)

And yes, the one-in-a-million landing is partly why it died. There was a moment of "Wow, did that just happen." before the "crap, get it out of there!" kicked in, lol.

Looking at a replacement but money is tight atm as I just replaced my mom's car tires, and my bedding set.

Here's the scoop on drowned electronics recovery B) Part of it takes some guts but you'll see why it works as we go. First is remove the power as fast as you can. This keeps things from frying because they have power on them. Next is to locate and pay special and immediate care to preventing more liquid from getting to speakers, microphones, and such. Next sling our all the liquid you can. Here comes 'guts' one- do NOT let it dry out as it will be harder to clean; instead put it in a sealed plastic bag till you get home. Now at home, remove cases and covers carefully. Clean them as needed. Now comes 'guts' two- while protecting mics and speakers rinse the rest under the tap. Yes, you're getting it wet again but for a couple reasons- residue from sticky stuff creates resistance paths between circuits which can still short out when dry when you reapply power(this is why you left it wet since that rinses off easier than dry). Reason two for the rinse is that the tiny circuit board paths can also be eaten away by this residue after awhile. Now you get the canned air from your computer stuff and blow out every bit of water that you can, then let it all air dry for at least 48 hours. When you go to reassemble it use the canned air again- if you see any water come out give it another 48 hours- after it's totally dry, put it together and cross your fingers. It should work now and continue working. If it doesn't then something was fried in the initial swim while power was applied. If it drowned in totally clean water omit the rinse; if you wouldn't willingly drink the water rinse it ;)

I got this method from a commercial radio repairman who regularly dealt with this kind of thing and other than microphones and speakers it works 8 out of 10 times, while simply drying it out usually meant future problems as the circuits were eaten away by contaminants. It was too late for my boombox though, the Jack and Coke added to AC power equaled too many dead parts to fix- the spilled drink was only found when the music suddenly stopped and things smelled burnt. Of course nobody at the party did it....:(

Bettypooh

Adding to what Bettypooh said, DON'T TOUCH THE FRACKIN' CAPACITOR!!! That'd would be the big cylinder next to your flash and can give you a really nasty zap if you're not careful!

BP is right: stuff other than water in your electronics is really bad, especially sugar - makes great contact. Pure water, in and off itself, is actually a poor conductor and, if you get it out right away, doesn't do as much damage as most other liquids would.

Oh, and while money is tight, be sure to hold out for a GOOD camera, by someone like Canon, Olympus, Minolta, Nikon, ya know, the CAMERA manufacturers. Don't be lured by the cheapy 10 MP Samsung: it'll be vastly outperformed by a 7 MP Canon, which you should be able to get for near the same price.

I had a mental image of a digital camera funeral. Several cameras gather around with preview screens of people crying and looking sad.

That would be fun to setup with your dig--never mind.

Adding to what Bettypooh said, DON'T TOUCH THE FRACKIN' CAPACITOR!!! That'd would be the big cylinder next to your flash and can give you a really nasty zap if you're not careful!

BP is right: stuff other than water in your electronics is really bad, especially sugar - makes great contact. Pure water, in and off itself, is actually a poor conductor and, if you get it out right away, doesn't do as much damage as most other liquids would.

Oh, and while money is tight, be sure to hold out for a GOOD camera, by someone like Canon, Olympus, Minolta, Nikon, ya know, the CAMERA manufacturers. Don't be lured by the cheapy 10 MP Samsung: it'll be vastly outperformed by a 7 MP Canon, which you should be able to get for near the same price.

I have a long-standing preference for Olympus products, always had good luck with them and they use great lenses. My SLR is an Olympus too, but it's too big to carry about for shooting as I travel, I only use it for photography-specific trips and event photography. Gonna pick up one of their fe line when I can, and wait for the Stylus 5010 with HD video to come out in March.