LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Pants Ripping

Plastic pants ripping  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How long do your plastic pants last before they start to rip?

So I have been wearing sweat shirt type shorts to bed for a year or so now and have noticed that my plastic pants don't get worn out and rip as fast as they used to. I think I am going on the same three pair, in rotation, for a year now! So if you are having trouble with ripping plastic pants I suggest you try some sleep shorts. I tried PJ bottoms but they don't stay tight and allow the plastic pants to bunch up and tangle causing rips. I hope this helps any babies who don't like spending $12 on a pair of pants only to have them rip a few months later.

In my own experience, the first step in preventing waterproof pants from ripping is to select the correct size. With vinyl pants even when bending over the pants should still have some slack across the back of your butt. Excess material should be tucked in all around your waist. At the leg holes there should be enough slack the pants extend an inch beyond your diaper. Remember, the seal which prevents leaks is formed by the vinyl clinging to your skin, not by the elastic digging into your thighs!

Sure, some waterproof fabrics are more robust than others. Still there are downsides to all waterproof fabrics. It is a personal choice. For example, I grew up in Gerber vinyl panties. To me only thin slightly stretchy vinyl seems normal. The Kins thin vinyl pull-on pants I currently wear perhaps are slightly thinner than the classic pre-1980 Gerber material. I realize my particular Kins panties are fragile. They for sure are most effective and last longest when worn inside a supporting garment. A correctly fitting snap-crotch Onesies or bodysuit is ideal for holding your diaper and panties snug in place, while preventing rips and punctures.

Kins makes pants in several fabrics, as do many other vendors.

I wear KINs Medium Gauge Plastic Pants, using a rotation of about a dozen pants. One pair for day time and one for nightime. I wear size large over my KIN's Velcro day diapers and extra large over nightime nappies from Drylife. With this system my pants last for years, normaly they will go hard long before ripping. As Angela recommends, get the correct size. Good Luck.

I voted for 2-3 months and over 6 months- even though I have some plastic panties over a year old :huh: Lifespan of these varies a lot. Those I don't wear often last a long time. I have some that I wear only when I'm in certain moods like the super-noisy ones I Ebayed and the Teddy Bear prints I like when I feel a bit babyish :blush: The cheap ones I wear almost daily get re-sewn till there's nothing left worth repairing. They never last over 3 months even though I have several pair which I 'rotate' because I'm very active and move around a lot in them. Most of the other better ones which I wear at home last about a year ;) Quality makes a big difference here- cheapo's won't last. I only pee so cleaning them means a thorough cold or lukewarm water rinse and air drying. Heat kills plastic :angry: You didn't mention Rubber Panties. They're my favorite but they are so fragile that I don't wear them often. And like Angela said, fit is important- too big and they crease and snag; too small and they stretch and rip :( The more you have the less wear you'll get on any single pair so find what works for you and get several pair. Look for discontinued colors and prints of quality plastic panties for the best bargains in the long run- worn under clothing nobody sees them anyway :P

Bettypooh

I wear KINs Medium Gauge Plastic Pants, using a rotation of about a dozen pants. One pair for day time and one for nightime. I wear size large over my KIN's Velcro day diapers and extra large over nightime nappies from Drylife. With this system my pants last for years, normaly they will go hard long before ripping. As Angela recommends, get the correct size. Good Luck.

They rip at the leg holes. Just below the diaper pin area. They get crinkly at the waist band areas but rip at the leg bands.

I will add my two cents worth here too. Plastic pants wear out. If I get 90 days out of a pair I am happy.

I have seen a few photos of people wearing plastic pants here. I have noted that they are wearing them much too tight. That being the case, it is no wonder they rip.

This is my opinion only: Plastic pants shoud be roomey and loose fitting. If you have leaking issues, the diaper isn't doing its job. The pants are much more comfortable if they have room for air to circulate.

Other issues are oils, creams and body fluids. Baby oil, Desitin, Baby Magic and sweat cause the pants to deteriorate faster. The plastic gets stiff and cracks. Do not use bleach on diapers or plastic pants.

Bedwetter73, Did you have the thin vinyl pants, that have textured feel to the plastic? If so I have had the same results as you. However several years ago KIN's came out with a medium gauge vinyl, very smooth and thick, but not as thick as Comco pants. These are the pants that last a long time, and somewhat resistant to lotions and rash creams.

Bedwetter73, Did you have the thin vinyl pants, that have textured feel to the plastic? If so I have had the same results as you. However several years ago KIN's came out with a medium gauge vinyl, very smooth and thick, but not as thick as Comco pants. These are the pants that last a long time, and somewhat resistant to lotions and rash creams.

I like leakmaster. Yes they are thin, but damn they feel nice.

• 11 years later...

I like to wear my plastic pants quite tight and fantasize where they might split which is usually at the seams strange i know but fun .

10 minutes ago, Kintal Baby said:

I like to wear my plastic pants tight and fantasize where they might split which is usually at the seams strange i know but fun . my friend visited me once he knew i wore them and he ask me to put some on so i did they were pretty tight he said turn around and bend over so he could see how tight they were he then proceeded to make holes in the back with a pin some were small slits alas my poor plastics split but he gave me another pair to make up, this did happen did not make it up guys.

• Like 1

Mine last until the material hardens or the elastic dies meaning quite a few years since I by enough so that I do not go through them in a hurry, I buy the right size and I buy quality itmes: You get what you pay for and you pay for what you do not get. I am not made of money such that I can replace them unecessarily

Did anyone notice this thread and POLL started January 2 2010 -

Still yet the subject matter is still valid and in play -

Having more than a few pair helps spread out the life span - 

Go cheap on the sizing and pay for a short life span even though you may get by with temporary repairs -

Don't change the diaper(s) as often building up flooding of urine over stressing the elastic waist and leg structure -

Care on the outer clothing worn to avoid ripping holes and stressing seams i.e. diaper pins - metal rivets on jeans

being rubbed into the outer plastic panty surface - care on the furniture one is seated

One poster mention a sleep shorts as an outer cover over the plastic panty =

A better alternative compression athletic bike shorts just don't wet too much forcing urine to a new level. 

On 3/29/2021 at 7:51 PM, Kintal Baby said:

I like to wear my plastic pants quite tight and fantasize where they might split which is usually at the seams strange i know but fun .

I also like to have a tight pair of plastic pants on when i,m in the shower and so they don,t leak out the leg holes i tape them up tight around my legs then i love to feel the warm water filling them up making them sag and swell up on me till they burst or nearly burst at the seam just another fantasy  like to do the same in disposables to watching them swell up if anyone else has the same fantasy please leave your story thanks

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

When i was 15 i liked using kintal plastic pants which were quite tight on me one day my friend came and we both put our plastic pants on he was 14 he then said he would like to tie me to the bed which he did he then felt me all around in my plastic pants then he started to pull at the waist harder and harder till i heard some stiches snap he pulled a bit more and ripped some of the plastic away from the elastic he then pulled them around my front nearly ripping them there then he tried at the top of the seam and he split them slowly down to the leg hole he then did the same to the other seam he was rubbing me all the time and i soon came in my pants what was left of them as he ripped more of the plastic away from the elastic he then gave me another pair of plastic pants to make up for the others except they were a bit smaller and so tight some of the stiches split from the plastic oh well.

The liefe expectancy of rubber panties is founded on two things. material, build and use. If you wear nightly and have only 4 to your name, prsuming they are all of the same material, build and quality the only differnece is use. 4 pair worn nightly will deteriorate through wear than if you nad the same 4 pair and wore every 4th night or had 16 pair and wore nightly Material is how good and how thick. I would say the minimum is 4 mil and anything to 8 Well sewn seams are better than poorly heat sealed seams, smooth is better than grainy. There were many posts to the DPF NL that recommended a pair of rubber ones over the plastic. Now I have 1 snap on for each diaper and 1 pair of rubber and one that is part of my outfit.  The net result is I can keep then for over 10 years. Sizing also matters, the better kinds have overlapping sizes. such that Med may fit waist size32-42 and Lrg may fit 36-46i. The best thing to do if you are a 38 is get the Large, it will put less stress on the stress points of the panties. Actually elastics work such that if you are a 34, a Large may still fit reasonably well. I have a 36:" waist and I can fit Gary 2XL which is good because my diapers are quite thick and buky. Doing this will also extend the life of the panties

See also RUBBER PANTIES'R'US -- Selection and Care for a very deep dive into the hows, whys and weretofors

On 5/26/2021 at 9:31 AM, Kintal Baby said:

When i was 15 i liked using kintal plastic pants which were quite tight on me one day my friend came and we both put our plastic pants on he was 14 he then said he would like to tie me to the bed which he did he then felt me all around in my plastic pants then he started to pull at the waist harder and harder till i heard some stiches snap he pulled a bit more and ripped some of the plastic away from the elastic he then pulled them around my front nearly ripping them there then he tried at the top of the seam and he split them slowly down to the leg hole he then did the same to the other seam he was rubbing me all the time and i soon came in my pants what was left of them as he ripped more of the plastic away from the elastic he then gave me another pair of plastic pants to make up for the others except they were a bit smaller and so tight some of the stiches split from the plastic oh well.

He knew the plastic pants he gave me were to small so the next time he came I was laying on my bed in them he told me to turn over on my front and open my legs apart this made the seams nearly split he then started to pull at them at the waist and the seams gently at first then harder and harder he then made a dent in the back of them with his finger nearly making a hole he did this twice then he started to pull at the back elastic till some stitches broke away from the plastic he ripped them slowly from seam to seam then he started to rip the seams slowly from top to leg hole of coarse the plastic at the back was flapping loosely now he said turn over and began to rip the plastic from the elastic he could see i was nearly cumming so he started to pull at the plastic around my crotch making a hole with his finger he then made me cum in my pants what was left of them to finish off he ripped the plastic away from the elastic around the leg holes making snapping noises, as usual he gave me another pair of plastic pants just a bit bigger this time sometimes he likes me to do things to his plastic pants and he likes me to stuff his pants with certain items like carrier bags thats another story i,m in my plastic pants now they are so tight the seams are just holding and they are now quite slippy mmmmmm

On 6/2/2021 at 4:56 PM, Kintal Baby said:

He knew the plastic pants he gave me were to small so the next time he came I was laying on my bed in them he told me to turn over on my front and open my legs apart this made the seams nearly split he then started to pull at them at the waist and the seams gently at first then harder and harder he then made a dent in the back of them with his finger nearly making a hole he did this twice then he started to pull at the back elastic till some stitches broke away from the plastic he ripped them slowly from seam to seam then he started to rip the seams slowly from top to leg hole of coarse the plastic at the back was flapping loosely now he said turn over and began to rip the plastic from the elastic he could see i was nearly cumming so he started to pull at the plastic around my crotch making a hole with his finger he then made me cum in my pants what was left of them to finish off he ripped the plastic away from the elastic around the leg holes making snapping noises, as usual he gave me another pair of plastic pants just a bit bigger this time sometimes he likes me to do things to his plastic pants and he likes me to stuff his pants with certain items like carrier bags thats another story i,m in my plastic pants now they are so tight the seams are just holding and they are now quite slippy mmmmmm

Another time he came when i had my plastic pants on he said he would like to stuff them with carrier bags and started to do so I could feel them getting tighter and tighter I wondered which seam would split first as he stuffed more and more bags into my now straining pants and more till i heard some stiching splitting at the leg holes then the back elastic ripped soon followed by a seam still he kept stuffing them till they just busted from the back and the other seam split to then he made me cum as i was close to it anyhow as usual he left me another pair of plastic pants though they were a bit to small for me he smiled and cuddled me

• 1 month later...

My lady friend liked to see me in my plastic pants which were pretty tight once she found me in the shower with a pair of plastic pants on taped at the leg holes she came over and put the shower head into my pants which started to sag and swell she said i wonder how much they can take and continued to fill them by now they were heavy and still swelling around me and heavy and bulging out till the seam split on the left she did it again to another pair of plastic pants but she made one hole with a knitting needle at the back so as the pants swelled up with the water the hole got a bit bigger and the water squirted out more and more till they got so tight they burst at the hole she always got me another pair which were a bit to tight and almost splitting on me.

• 2 weeks later...

I always wondered which of the items would burst first the items being plastic pants and a beach ball so i tried to find out by taping up the pants legs and stuffing the beach ball into them then taping the top of the pants around the valve in the beach ball I then attached my lilo pump to the ball and started pumping and i could see my plastic pants swelling bigger and bigger and tighter around the beach ball still i pumped till the seams on the pants were nearly splitting  still i pumped till the plastic pants were at their limit and so tight i even heard some stitches snapping a few more pumps and one of the seams split from top to leg hole more pumps and the other seam split and the ball was pushing out of both seams ripping the plastic from the elastic I would liked to have had my friend do this to me when i had my plastic pants on ah well the ball won.

I remember once when i was about 14 i had some kintal baby pants with me and i went into a gents toilet where it had a hot air hand dryer handle bar type I taped the pants to  one of the blowers and started the blower up the pants soon swelled up almost to max  like a balloon they would have burst but i stopped the blower but i did notice a small split in one of the seams do any of you remember Kintal or Brumas baby pant which went up to around 32" waist?