LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should Airlines Begin To Offer Adult Diapers?

Kari

With the new seating rules, who knows how long before one can go.

At first I though it was a joke, but I'm going to definitely wear a diaper whenever I fly anymore, just in case.

I'm usually not a public wearer.

But I can see a need that many non AB/DL's might even consider.

I can see the airlines selling them like drinks for about $5 a diaper.

To answer the question, yes.

I really believe that one should be able to purchase quality adult briefs (diapers) in convenience shops at airports. The place to put one on would be in the public lavatory in a 'handicapped' stall. This should already be the case out of consideration for the truly incontinent and/or those with handicaps/ injuries. Its not a big deal for the retailers (its a sundry to them) but its a huge issue to those who need a diaper for any reason.

I always wear a good diaper for travelling because I believe its right for me. Sure they are fun but they are immensely practical. I hate using airplane lavatories.

If the ultimate goal of the airlines is to have passengers remain in their seats for the duration of the flight or only during the last hour then they will need to do something to accommodate the needs of incontinent passengers. I am not privy to the numbers of incontinent folks that fly but I would say it will be a lot less in the future if these new security measures take place.

we have threads about passing through security being a problem with diapers. We have threads about the airlines passing them out and KC's stock doubling. I don't fly much, maybe if I am going to visit my folks. I would much rather drive time permitting. Until we know what all the new rules are, if you fly take a good old fashioned whiz prior to boarding, and decline when the sky waitress offers you a coke.

This is what the airlines have been working towards for years. The aircrew generally regard the pax as a ruddy niusance - "self loading cargo" - and reduce the fresh-air feed to the passenger compartment so they all become sleepy and do not bother the crew so much.

Given the total number of deaths lost to terorism - less than one tenth of those lost on the roads - the threat is laughably small. The governments have chosen to talk the whole thing up in order to reduce civil liberties on the great mass of people on the grounds that "you must not discriminate".

Remember that power is the name of the game: the more governments can frighten us the more power they gain for themselves.

There is a simpler solution: No muslim shall fly in an airliner. Any Imam Then let them sort out their own fanatics.

• Like 1

To answer the question, yes.

I really believe that one should be able to purchase quality adult briefs (diapers) in convenience shops at airports. The place to put one on would be in the public lavatory in a 'handicapped' stall. This should already be the case out of consideration for the truly incontinent and/or those with handicaps/ injuries. Its not a big deal for the retailers (its a sundry to them) but its a huge issue to those who need a diaper for any reason.

I always wear a good diaper for travelling because I believe its right for me. Sure they are fun but they are immensely practical. I hate using airplane lavatories.

I just flew and they checked my bag which had a coup;e of diapers, I was also wearing one. They were nice pulled me aside and checked my powder only never asking about the diapers. Sure was glad I was wearing on the flight.

NO. It's not their responsibility. They make the rules for you to follow, you need to make the necessary arrangments. They're not in the catering to everyone with every situation possible dept. There job is to fly you from point A to B and your job is to follow the rules set forth. I think a lot of you need to come back down to earth on this whole flying rule and diapers. You typically couldn't get out of your seat for at least the last 20 minutes before as they start there decent for the airport so they only extended it by 40 minutes. It is considered a "reasonable" amount of time to make people not get out of there seats for an hour. It is your problem and nobody elses if this doesn't work for you. Furthmore, lets use the hypethetical scenario they do supply diapers. The only people that would wear them probably already do as diapers are very taboo to most and those that do wear, would already have a supply of there own. Also, businesses are in it to make money so they'd likely charge you way more then you'd want to pay for those diapers. Everything in an airport cost about 2-4 times what it does outside the doors because they have you at their mercy. Not many are willing to sit in their own urine. A pregnant lady who has to use the bathroom every ten minutes would rather just wear a pad for any leaks but would likely never wear a full out diaper because to most that is just disgusting. Not everyone is like us people. Sometimes too many think everyone thinks like us about diapers. Far from true.

This is what the airlines have been working towards for years. The aircrew generally regard the pax as a ruddy niusance - "self loading cargo" - and reduce the fresh-air feed to the passenger compartment so they all become sleepy and do not bother the crew so much.

Given the total number of deaths lost to terorism - less than one tenth of those lost on the roads - the threat is laughably small. The governments have chosen to talk the whole thing up in order to reduce civil liberties on the great mass of people on the grounds that "you must not discriminate".

Remember that power is the name of the game: the more governments can frighten us the more power they gain for themselves.

There is a simpler solution: No muslim shall fly in an airliner. Any Imam Then let them sort out their own fanatics.

Omg...I can;t believe this ignorant post. Firstly, as airline crew myself, I take offence at the first statement...you may get crap service on most airlines in America but outside the US is for the most part a totally different deal. About the air..it is not so much that there is less air but that the air pressure is set to about 2000ft..it does not affect most people.

About the govts and controlling people..I will agree to that one, especially in the US..the whole US system, including schooling, is based on the concept of teaching people to be afraid. However, again outside the US, for the most part there have not been the knee jerk reactions to terrorism that the US has. In fact, you would think that before Sept 11 there was no terrorism. However, other countries had been puttin gup with it and coping with it for years..just look ath the UK and the IRA

As for the last sentence..please tell me that was a joke and not the racist slur that it reads as...not all terrorists are muslims and most muslims are not terrorists!!!!!

After this last incident, I would think that people who wear diapers on the plane would be subject to more screening. From the news that I've read the person had diaper like material in his trousers. I imagine that if you are going to wear a diaper on the plane just be prepared to be pulled aside for extra screening like happy634 said in his post.

I think if airlines figure they can make extra money selling diapers to passengers who want them, I suppose they would. Or soon you’ll see vending machines that dispense Adult Diapers. Hmmmm, maybe the start of a new business.

I don't understand how anybody is going to know what kind of underwear you're wearing?? These "body scanners" they're talking about are available at only a small percentage of airports, and they don't work in real time. I was subject to one once in Baltimore (wet diaper at all), and it was roughly a minute between the time I stepped in and when I was cleared to go. The airport had one scanner for at least three metal detector/x-ray lines. So even the airports that have scanners can't be examining everybody. The waits would be enormous! Or are they patting everyone down now instead? Or training TSA workers to stare at people's crotches? :)

FYI, I may be flying to California in 2 weeks...

As I said in another post, if you have a choice in the matter (i.e. not incontinent) then carry the diaper in your hand luggage through the checkpoint, find a family restroom on the other side and put it on there. In the unlikely event that you're asked to explain why you have them, just explain you're a bedwetter and intend to sleep on the flight. I guarantee they'll be more embarrassed than you.

If you don't have a choice and must wear a diaper through the checkpoint (i.e. are incontinent) then visit your Dr a couple of days ahead of the flight and ask for a note, they won't have a problem with that & it covers the slim chance that you'll be asked to prove it's medically necessary.

Guest diaperguy68

why can't people just hold it in for an hour. seriously.

whats simpler - not drinking a gallon of water on the flight, or wearing a big disposable diaper and humiliating yourself around the people that travel with you and other passengers.

i can go a whole plane ride without ever using the bathroom. in fact, ive never used the bathroom in a plane or bus. the washrooms are just gross. and i've been on 4+ hr. rides.

• Like 1

why can't people just hold it in for an hour. seriously.

whats simpler - not drinking a gallon of water on the flight, or wearing a big disposable diaper and humiliating yourself around the people that travel with you and other passengers.

i can go a whole plane ride without ever using the bathroom. in fact, ive never used the bathroom in a plane or bus. the washrooms are just gross. and i've been on 4+ hr. rides.

Thank God someone finally has some sense here. All these people who don't even "need" diapers here talking about how it's so much easier to wear but sounds like there making it more of a hassle then anything. Everyone knows there's a million ways around wearing a diaper through the checkpoint without getting some stupid DR. note, not to mention in this era you couldn't have just fabricated the dr. note on your own anyway? You think a guy with a wheelchair has to have a note saying this is why I'm in one? Damn people, quit being so stupid about this whole thing. Lastly, the airlines wouldn't be the ones selling you a diaper anyway in the hypethetical situation they are offered. You think there'd be an American, Delta, United Airlines diaper? Who would you get it from, the ticket agent. Most of you are sooooo afraid to be spotted in a diaper, image them handing you one over the ticket counter? You really think that would happen. Now they may already sell them inside the airport after the checkpoint but I doubt if they be adding them now if they hadn't. You have a problem, you take care of it. Should they stock a whole medical store full of stuff for all those that are unprepaired? Insulin for diabetics, diapers for incontinence, etc. No, now I suggest most of you come back down to earth on this subject matter.

• Like 1

I guess I just don't see what the big deal is. I've flown diapered. I've flown double-diapered. I've flown with a half ounce of marijuana on my person. Keep your didy on, go thru security. It's no big deal, I promise.

Well I wouldn;t try the marihjuana trick internatinally..somecountries would give you the death penalty for that

Omg...I can;t believe this ignorant post. Firstly, as airline crew myself, I take offence at the first statement...you may get crap service on most airlines in America but outside the US is for the most part a totally different deal. About the air..it is not so much that there is less air but that the air pressure is set to about 2000ft..it does not affect most people.

About the govts and controlling people..I will agree to that one, especially in the US..the whole US system, including schooling, is based on the concept of teaching people to be afraid. However, again outside the US, for the most part there have not been the knee jerk reactions to terrorism that the US has. In fact, you would think that before Sept 11 there was no terrorism. However, other countries had been puttin gup with it and coping with it for years..just look ath the UK and the IRA

As for the last sentence..please tell me that was a joke and not the racist slur that it reads as...not all terrorists are muslims and most muslims are not terrorists!!!!!

Relax. I'm with the OP on most of it. This coming from a person who has many fewer civil liberties to lose. I'm surprised the AU govt even lets you navigate to THIS site. He voiced his opinion and you're hurt about it. Maybe he should issue an apology letter. I have a hard time trusting Muslims too, I've read the Qur’an (as well as the Bible KJV) and frankly I have a hard time trusting Christians also. :P

People aren't going to have to worry about this much longer anyways. With the crazy security delays and procedures airlines are putting in place people are just going to stop flying. Which in turn will lead to the airlines going bankrupt and out of business.

At some point this is going to become obvious and everyone will demand that the ineffective too-expensive screening methods be dropped ;) As far as profiling goes I say let the truth speak and heed it- if the vast majority of terrorists are from Mars the check all the Martians more carefully :huh: If the Martians don't like this then they need to fix their own problem from the inside ^_^ If people fitting my profile were doing the majority of the terrorism I would understand why I was being singled out and while they were checking me I'd be telling them of my efforts to change my community for the better and ask for their support in these efforts :) While the majority of the Islamic world are peaceful people, the fact remains that they are essentially doing nothing to hinder the radicals among them who are not peaceful, and oftentimes they are mis-using their religion by justifying their own lack of social morality in the matter and ignoring the problem on a personal level because they believe the radicals are of the same religion :( Just like the average American on the street who "doesn't want to get involved" and walks by a crime without doing anything, they deserve to get the results of their own immorality :o As an American I am ashamed of this way of thinking and I do "get involved"- even when it's a hassle to do it- because the next victim could be me! If you are not contributing to the solution then you are as much a part of the problem as anyone else :mellow:

The bottom line for us is not to worry about or stop diapering to fly, but to continue as normal was before this happened. When they see enough examples to know that diapered adults are not an issue they need to deal with they will begin leaving us alone. If they mishandle the situation and cause you unnecessary embarrassment or problems then complain to the airline you're flying on in a letter and ask for a reply so that you will know they didn't just trash your complaint. With enough proof the airlines will be able to show the TSA that they are a problem and hopefully bring an end to it. That's how you properly and permanently solve problems B)

I rarely fly but you can be absolutely certain that the next time I do I am going to be wearing what I usually do- diapers- and there will be some in my luggage because I need them and they have no right to deny my physical needs- unless they want to allow me to pee on the seat or floor of their airplane instead then change into dry clothes right there after we land. It's their choice and that's how I will put the matter to them. I already know what the answer will be. Now the problem becomes theirs instead of mine, just as it should be :D

Bettypooh

People aren't going to have to worry about this much longer anyways. With the crazy security delays and procedures airlines are putting in place people are just going to stop flying. Which in turn will lead to the airlines going bankrupt and out of business.

Highly unlikely ^

I would stand in line for 10+ hours at the airport to get screened as opposed to taking a car, train, ship, bus to another continent and wasting a week or more doing it. So you can't walk throught the door and directly to your gate anymore. Really, is it that big of a deal? What's it really costing you compared to the time you'd spend getting there an alternate way. Again, we are the customers and users of the system. However they want to run a business, and what laws are set in place we have to follow, is the choices that aren't ours so deal with it or find another way.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think most people would wear diapers for a plane ride. Most people I know are able to hold it for an extra hour. But that's such a dumb rule are they seriously gonna say that people can't get up if they needed to go? I would do it anyway if I needed to pee! haha.

As someone who has been flying since many of you were in diapers for the 1st time I well remember what is probably now the golden age of commercial air travel. I think what it comes down to now with all the security checks and screening is going on an airplane trip is no longer fun. It used to be kind of exciting. I traveled a lot on business in the late 1970's and all through the 1980's. I remember my 1st airplane trip when I was 13, with my parents, brother and sister. Mother made sure we were all neatly dressed, luggage packed and locked,carry ready to go. It was exciting, fun, really. That is when kids got wings and you could go meet the pilot while in the air. You got a choice of entres for lunch or dinner. We were on a DC-9 Atlanta to Los Angeles non-stop. Being a kid I didn't think the plan was cramped or crowded, everyone was very nice. My father traveled a lot for business so he was a Delta something then, now it would be platinum so he knew what to do, etc.

But not anymore, airplanes are just big dirty buses in the sky. They get us from A to B faster then boats or trains but its just 4 hours of discomfort, misery and rudeness; and you paid for the priviledge. Not sure how we got ourselves to this point but I don't think we get to go back to what it was. Yes, I still fly when we go somewhere more then 10 hours driving from home. I politely let myself get subjected to what I think we all secretly feel are useless exercises in security. And if luck is with us, the weather cooperates and all goes well we probably will get to our destination "reasonably" on time. What a world.

To get back on subject; I think having a diaper on is the least thing anyone should be concerned about at the airport. It makes no difference to anyone but you. So relax, have a cocktail and pretend to enjoy the ride.

Price of an airline ticket is what has driven the airlines to be what they are today. The majority are looking for the lowest fare and that is all. The only way an airline can keep fares low is by eliminating what's considered unnecesary. If they served meals, the prices would be inflated to cover cost so most do without now. The majority of people only care about one thing, how much is this going to cost me. This is very, very true for many things we have in life today. It's all driven by price and what the consumers really needs over want because many are willing to sacrifice comfort for cost. Look at homes built 50 years ago and the detail and craftsmanship that went into them. Now it's slap it together as quick and cheap as possible with the basics, that is unless you want to pay through your nose. It's everything, not just the airlines.