LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

To Those Of You Who Play Wow

daddybrian

My sister is always playing World Of Warcraft. She says the computer often crashes and/or boots her out of the game. I personally think the problem is caused by overusing the game software. But I also think the problem is cause by WOW being so graphics heavy and all the actions involved. Just seeing if other users have similar problems?

PS- we recently bought a new desktop having Vista with upgrades to Windows 7 capability

For WOW the key is Memory and a good video card. What does she have?

I'm running an Intel Quad Core, 8gb Memory and a 1gb Nvidia graphics card. Never have a problem

BTW: Red Ryder BB Gun as the Wow Christmas present = hillarious!

For WOW the key is Memory and a good video card. What does she have?

I'm running an Intel Quad Core, 8gb Memory and a 1gb Nvidia graphics card. Never have a problem

BTW: Red Ryder BB Gun as the Wow Christmas present = hillarious!

All I know it is suppose to be a top-of-the-line gaming computer

there could be multiple problems.

these are just the ones that are most obvious.

reasons for crashing:

corrupted Wow data: i crash everytime after that quest in dragonblight with the cutscene with the dragon.

broken GPU fan: if you notice a LOUD fan noise and are just assuming its your computer just being loud its probably not.

low power supply: even though WoW isnt that much of a resource hog, it still needs power. and if you have a good GPU that needs more power than its getting, then itll crash.

thermal paste: if there isnt any thermal paste on your CPU then it may be overheating and crashing.

old drivers: make sure you always keep your GPU drivers up to date. it adds compatibility for new games, and even fixes bugs with old ones.

mac: need i say more :P?

solutions:

corrupted data: do a clean reinstall of WoW

broken GPU fan: send back to the company to have repaired or send you a new one

low power supply: upgrade to a higher power. i use 600 in my gaming pc and even thats kinda low. i suggest 800.

thermal paste: its easy to check and even simpler to fix. send to geek squad to put some paste on if you dont trust yourself.

old drivers: uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones in safemode

mac: get a pc :3

before you do anything though, put a box fan pointing at the GPU with the side off and play WoW, no more crashing? then your card is overheating.

:] hoped i helped -flys away-

-edit- whoops just saw your PS. >_> ignore the thing about a mac.

the fact that your computer is vista may be the entire problem xD

vista is very buggy, upgrade to 7 even if it isnt the problem for wow, its much much better :D

Guest MunchKitten

you did NOT recommend sending the GPU to Geeksquad, they won't do that, or if they will it will be some INSANE amount like 100 bucks.

And its not THAT resource intensive

My Specs:

AMD X2 II 240 @ 2.8ghz

4gb Corsair ram

XFX 9800GT (first gen 512mb) with the speeds set as low as possible

and a 500 watt PSU

I pull 60FPS at all times.

And Mac > Windows. 'nuff said!