LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rugrats

I would have posted this thread in the "Diapers References" sub-forum, but I wanted to talk generally about the show (and it's not about adults anyway!).

Growing up in the Nineties, Nickelodeon and its cartoon lineup was all the rage. And one of its best shows was Rugrats, a cartoon about four babies (and one toddler if you count Angelica) and their odd little adventures. It looked at life from a little kid's perspective and had no issue playing with things like diapers, drinking out of bottles, and playing with things that would send any concerned parent screaming after the kids (which happened plenty of times during the show). The show seemed to revel in the joy of being a small child, as opposed to the more befuddled adults it portrayed.

Now, I can't speak for some of the older members in our community, but for those of us who grew up watching Rugrats and Nickelodeon in general, I wonder how much that show had an effect on shaping our AB/DL interests. I'm not saying that there's a direct link, but I do wonder how strong the correlation might be. I even recall around age 12 (when my love of diapers began to manifest itself) having odd dreams about the Rugrats, which mostly revolved around diaper changes and that one episode where Angelica doesn't want to get older and dresses up like a baby instead (and for some reason in my dreams, the adults were never to be found, so the kids had a whole house to themselves).

So for all you children of the Nineties and/or late Eighties, what impact do you think the show may have had on you?

I did used to see Tommy Pickles waddle around in his very over exaggerated wonderfully squishy diaper and think to myself "I wish I could wear nothing but a diaper and a tee shirt! I DID already know I was a DL, just had no/limited access to them, but I did enjoy the show for that very reason!

PS, sometimes he would do a trick or something would happen and his diaper would come off, and even the way he jumped back into it (the sound, the crinkle, etc) or when he would dig around in his diaper for a screw driver or something made it seem like the artist HAD to have some sort of fondness for diapers. :)

I did used to see Tommy Pickles waddle around in his very over exaggerated wonderfully squishy diaper and think to myself "I wish I could wear nothing but a diaper and a tee shirt! I DID already know I was a DL, just had no/limited access to them, but I did enjoy the show for that very reason!

PS, sometimes he would do a trick or something would happen and his diaper would come off, and even the way he jumped back into it (the sound, the crinkle, etc) or when he would dig around in his diaper for a screw driver or something made it seem like the artist HAD to have some sort of fondness for diapers. :)

I'm pretty sure I heard that one of the writers was a dl :X I did here this rumour from the ab/dl community through so it might just be complete balls :P.

I did used to wonder how tommy kept stuff in that diaper.... wouldn't it end up icky? wouldn't he lose it when he got changed? It used to keep me up at night it did.

it may sound odd but i always thought angelica was the best character on it

it never really connected with my ab side though, dont know why as its probably the most relevant show.

ace show but the movie was crap

Ya know, I never ever once thought about the relationship between the rugrats and the ABDL side of myself. It's actually an interesting connection to make. I did grow up watching the Rugrats and it was by far my favorite cartoon. Do I think it contributed to my AB side? No, but I do think that it made me think about diapers more.

Watching those babies and all the awesome adventures they had would make just about anyone want to go back to those days... But then again, perhaps we only liked the show more because that side of ourselves had already began developing.

And to Loopy, lol, I always wondered the same thing about Tommy and the things he kept in his diaper. Quite a few things made me wonder, but as a kid, it was nice to pretend that things could actually go so well.

For me, it wasn't Rugrats, but rather, You Can't Do That On Television. There were several skits involving diapers, there, which left me feeling jealous of the kids in the skits. Especially the one where the one kid brags about how his parents baby him and makes the other kid run out of the room crying "It's not fair!".

I like to think he could be an unofficial mascot for the AB/DL community, like the image we hold of ourselves when we're at our best: carefree and courageous.

I'm pretty sure I heard that one of the writers was a dl :X I did here this rumour from the ab/dl community through so it might just be complete balls :P .

I did used to wonder how tommy kept stuff in that diaper.... wouldn't it end up icky? wouldn't he lose it when he got changed? It used to keep me up at night it did.

Yeah, I wondered, too. There was also a later episode where Tommy's brother Dil put an actual duckling into his diaper. :huh: Gotta consider the potential health risks of child and duck, there.

i can list 17 people right now (cause i did in my head) who are all friends who grew up watching rugrats and are in no way shape or form ab or dl. Sure lots of people in our age range on this site watched rugrats, but lots of people in our age range anywhere that had cable watched rugrats... no correlation whatsoever.

I can say little to no influence. My favorite Nicktoons were Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's modern life.

I'm with you.

I'm afraid to re-watch Ren and Stimpy and find out it wasn't what I remember. I've seen some other cartoons from the eighties that I loved (Real Ghostbusters, Thundercats, Voltron) and I'm inevitably disappointed watching them as an adult.

On the other hand, I have seen Rocko's Modern Life in the last few years, and I think I enjoy it on a different level than I did when I first saw it.

I remember one episode where Chucky is getting potty trained and declares, "I'm gonna wear my diapers FOREVER!" He eventually stops wearing diapers though. :crybaby:

Ren and Stimpy had one epsode that was absolute heaven for us ABDLs though. They pay a pair of babies 50 bucks to take their place and of course you know there's a diaper changing scene in the episode.

Here it is babies, I found a link to the stinkiest episode of Ren and Stimpy ever!

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/animation/watch/v17165382ekfxFEE5

I was well into adulthood when it came out, but fun to watch from time to time, for diaper material. Chuckie vs the potty was good, but the best one was when Agelica turned 5 and wanted to be a baby again. Too me it was the most AB/DLish and one that we could relate to what she was feeling, yea I know she was a kid, and a cartoon character. I don't really thing the show created AB/DL's but many AB/DL's were probably attracted to the show.

I never really watched the show but I did see a few minutes of it from time to time. The complete innocence of children that age came through in the frankness of their conversations about everything new to them. I do remember one scene with all the babies and somehow it became a discussion of things they didn't like. Lil turns to Phil and says, "I don't like it when your diaper smells like poop!" As adults we would be shocked if someone said, "You smell like poop", but when it's little children it's just a natural thing for them to say as they discover life and new things daily at that young age.

Best.Show.Ever.

Me and all my friends used to watch the show, and we'd pretend we were Rugrats, I was Tommy of course. I actually considered being Tommy this Halloween but decided against it. I always wished I could be Tommy.

The episode when Angelica always caught my attention, as well as Chuckie vs. the Potty, I remember one particular part when they mention he'd have to bring diapers in his suitcase to work.

Another episode that always stuck with me was when Tommy's dad Stu hit his head and started acting like a baby, so the Rugrats put him in a diaper. This is like the ultimate Rugrats AB/DL regression story lol.

Yeah I'm sure many of us saw the show, but I guess my fascination with those particular episodes in general are most likely very related to my love of diapers.

PArms, I haven't seen the show in many years and when I read you're post I was amazed at how fast I could think of the entire theme song lol

HuggieBaby

Oh yes, this was a great show! The start with the diaper up in the air and then landing on Tommy was the best! I do agree that You Can't Do That On Television helped shape my interest in diapers. All those huge diapers on those kids my age was great. But I would have to say the biggest influence was Baby Tom, you know the Tom & Jerry show in which Tom was put into cloth diapers and rubber pants. I would watch that one totally glued to the TV. I think I actually popped a woody watching it at age 7 because I remember getting told to stop humping the foot stool I was on.

I'm with you.

I'm afraid to re-watch Ren and Stimpy and find out it wasn't what I remember. I've seen some other cartoons from the eighties that I loved (Real Ghostbusters, Thundercats, Voltron) and I'm inevitably disappointed watching them as an adult.

On the other hand, I have seen Rocko's Modern Life in the last few years, and I think I enjoy it on a different level than I did when I first saw it.

I own the super mario bros super show and the following series because of how fondly I remember them. Memories have a way of lieing to us, those shows were awful.

... But I would have to say the biggest influence was Baby Tom, you know the Tom & Jerry show in which Tom was put into cloth diapers and rubber pants. I would watch that one totally glued to the TV. I think I actually popped a woody watching it at age 7 because I remember getting told to stop humping the foot stool I was on.

"Baby Puss".

Don't forget Baby Huey.

Or Baby Bear, the youngest member of that dysfunctional Warner Brothers bear family.

Edited by Wakko

I never directly made a connection about Rugrats and me being AB. Although I would rather enjoy the episode about Angelica's birthday and her unwavering want to not have responsibilities. Maybe that is what lead me to be AB...who knows.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice