LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Walgreen Has 3-Tape

glycerine

the walgreens diapers suck, they dont hold up. the depends three tapes hold up much better. then those cheap junks. yes i have tried them and i would say dont wast your money. if your a light wetter then maybe they work good. but for me i wet heavy with no control. so depends during the day and bambino at night.

Sorry to bother, but is there any way someone could please upload a few pictures of the exact depends diaper you guys are referring to? Just curious also, what does this diaper feel like as far as thickness, and quality? Anything like the old attends where they stayed out high around your waist?

I’ve never tried Depends; I’m looking for something with thick plastic outer shell, all white if possible. Thank you

They're probly referring to Depend Maximum Protection. These are perty much the Cadillac of inexpensive diapers, nowadays. Most likely, they're the only ones still with plastic backing that can be bought in-store. The Walgreens brand is inferior to Depend.

I use both 3 tape Depends and 2 tape Walgreens diapers. I first put on a Depends 3 tape daper. The 3 tape Depends provide more intimacy in my Diaper. Then I put on a Walgreens 2 tape diaper which feels more like a real cloth diaper. When I wet and poop in my diapers, the Depends lets me feel the wetting and messing more intimately, and the Walgreens diaper feels most like a real baby diaper. The combination lets me enjoy wearing my wet dirty diaper as long as possible.

• Like 1

They're probly referring to Depend Maximum Protection. These are perty much the Cadillac of inexpensive diapers, nowadays. Most likely, they're the only ones still with plastic backing that can be bought in-store. The Walgreens brand is inferior to Depend.

btw, I forgot to ask, I've been kind of out of the loop, is there a new trend where adult diapers are now moving to cloth for the outer shell like the baby diapers did? Is that the way it's going? That would really stink. One of us has to win a lot of money and buy one of them diaper machines, so we can make them the right way.

I use both 3 tape Depends and 2 tape Walgreens diapers. I first put on a Depends 3 tape daper. The 3 tape Depends provide more intimacy in my Diaper. Then I put on a Walgreens 2 tape diaper which feels more like a real cloth diaper. When I wet and poop in my diapers, the Depends lets me feel the wetting and messing more intimately, and the Walgreens diaper feels most like a real baby diaper. The combination lets me enjoy wearing my wet dirty diaper as long as possible.

Newborn, just curious, are you familiar with the Attends diaper from the past? like the way they were in around 1994, through 1999 time? I'm curious, do you think the outer plastic lining of the diaper is close to the same thickness? I haven't tried the Depends so I just thought I would ask. I can tell you the All-white Bambino diapers would have been the best diaper if the owner would stop using that cheap, thin outer junk.

btw, I forgot to ask, I've been kind of out of the loop, is there a new trend where adult diapers are now moving to cloth for the outer shell like the baby diapers did? Is that the way it's going? That would really stink. One of us has to win a lot of money and buy one of them diaper machines, so we can make them the right way.

It's not so much a trend anymore, as it's becoming the industry standard (at least for store-brands). The main reason is most likely to help distance them from the common perception of what a "diaper" is, and to help lessen production costs. Their target demographic is people who actually need the product and don't want to think of themselves as wearing diapers. They want "discreet" diapers and probly don't stay in them past the initial use, if they have the ability to change themselves. This has greatly degraded the quality of most store-brand diapers. I had used some of Walgreen's brand prior to the switch and they were a lot better with the plastic backing than they currently are. This is perty much why Depend Maximum Protection is now the best you can find in retail stores, unless they stock other plastic-backed name brands.

Not to be the cynic, but it doesn’t seem to be a bad idea (for sellers that is) for retail sellers to sell a product that is quickly used and replaced. While people in need of a quality product would quickly seek and find ATN’s or Abena’s ect, those wearers may not be their target market. Not everyone is going to order their stuff online, or wonder if there are better products out there.

Am I alone here or am I the only one with problems with Depends Maximum Protection. I can't use them once without getting a leak...at least the new ones. I think they were made better a few years ago.

There seems to be some differences, there. On the rare occasions that I do use them, I can fit 2 or 3 full wettings in before they leak. But, I'm a short guy, so maybe I've got a smaller bladder than all those who're taller than 5'1" or something... Or maybe y'all who have problems aren't wearing them properly... When I started wearing diapers, I would wet them much more often (I also had more disposable income back then and they were a bit cheaper). For a while, I had some problems with leaking, until I re-read the instructions and found that I'd been taping the tapes on in the wrong order. That solved the leaking problem. Apparently, yer supposed to tape the bottom tapes first, and work your way to the top tapes. Also, it's been mentioned that taping diapers on too tight will actually cause more leaks than snug or a little loose will...

I agree on the Depends Maximum Protection. My walgrens also stopped carrying them but to my surprise I found a CVS store that has them. Plus I was able to buy some Tena inserts - ohhhhhhh what a great feeling. I love the way the Depends expand. Stay wet and happy all!

Ya, actually I'm wanting to try some depends plastic 3 tapes with bambino quadro booster. I would really love the bambinos if they fit properly, but the medium is to small and the large is to big. Also I have always found actually the depends 3 tape diapers give the best fit for me. As supposedly the quadro is close to being as thirsty as their diaper then I could have the best fitting diaper on me with it also being the most absorbent.

K-Mart has started carrying them again as have a few grocery stores near me that had quit...Will have to check Walgreens near me; I always liked buying Diapers there better than having to go to a big box or a grocery store where I am more likely to get caught by someone I know...(And that happened...My Dad ran into me once at K-Mart with a cart full of Depends years ago when they were still Green).

Yup, it sucks. All the stores around my area are basically force-feeding (not literally) the super-thin (tissues basically) cloth-like outer cover "diapers." I can't stand them. I'm sure for people with light to medium incontinence who want something discrete then they're probably just dandy. Of course the retail world doesn't realize that not everyone who needs protection has light to medium incontinence. The stores are in it for the money of what sells to the masses, not to accommodate people with a wide variety of needs. The best way to get what you want/need is to go online. Unfortunately, not all of us can order our diapers online for one reason or another. I'm stuck buying the Depends. I've found that if I wear two of them I get the thickness I want and the security of no leaks. Somebody here mentioned that the Depends don't seem to be as good as they used to be. I agree. Even a few years back they seemed better. Now the Maximum Protection have this bizarre green "elastic" or whatever in the back and I can never get the waist to be snug enough. (There's always a draft in back if you know what I mean! Brr!) Too bad there isn't a non-internet retailer that specializes in incontinence supplies (or if there is one then I don't think they exist around here) like an adult diaper warehouse. That would be awesome.

My Walgreens has also started carrying Depends briefs again, however:

If you want better diapers you need to go to a medical supply store. But anymore even they dont carry a large varity. I went to my local medical supply store and inquired about Tranqulity ATN's and they said that although they were a good product they were not carring them any more because of the cost. The lady there told me that most people do not want to spend/can not afford the extra money for premium diapers and they would only be avalible for special order. There is why most stores only carry Depends. Because the price is where many people can afford them. For example, I know of a grocery store that carried Tena Supers. The mediums are $28.00 a bag. That is almost a 2 for one on the price of a bag of Depends. I know that at least in my part of the county that most people would take the 2 for 1.

The main issue with the "premium" diapers is the cost associated with them. Go look at places like XP Medical ect and look at the price of a single bag. There is no way that even big box stores could stock these items and have enough turn on them to make it worth thier shelf space. Another thing is that some people still have a stigma aginst wearing a diaper and in response most stores have greatly expanded their line of disposable underwear. Walmart near me has a whole wall dedicated to incontenece products, but only 3 of the dozens of choices are briefs. Everything else is pull ups or pads.

Is it unfortunate that most stores have a bad selection of diapers? Yes, but there are ways around them without the internet. Go to medical supply store and ask what they carry or can order. Go into medical supply stores and see if they will order Molicare, or Tranqulity for you. Dont expect many to have access to all of the premium diapers like Abena, as only a few places carry those. You will have the best luck finding Molicare, and Tranqulity. But you will have to ask and most stores will proably have to special order them for you and you will pay full retail for them as many of the smaller medical supply stores cannot match the internet price.

Lastly go to thrift stores as often as possilbe to see what they have. I just bought 11 bags of plastic backed Tena Classic Plus for $2.99 each yesterday. I went to 7 thrift stores yesterday and came home with 13 bags of diapers and I could have bought more if I has wanted to. I have reguraly found plastic backed diapers at the thift stores. I even found Molicare Super Plus at a thrift store. But you have to go almost every day as diapers at thrift stores are gone fast because they are cheap. Plus you can find other neat stuff too.

Hum, must be a real hit and miss thing at thrift stores, at least around here I have only ever seen them like 3-4 times in like probably 5 years. And they have always been some kind of crappy generic or some type of pull up.