LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Writing

I'm just curious if there are any others on here who like to write. Whether it be stories, poems, etc... This is something that I've been writing(part of a story I'm in the process of writing).

As I begin to walk down the twisted path, I see trees of all shapes and sizes. Some even look like dried up husks as if something is draining the very nutrients upon which they feed. I soon, after examining the shriveled trees, see a village. The village is apparently abandoned, the people seem to have left everything behind. As if something made them disappear, the very thought they could have vanished leaves my stomach unsettled. As I keep walking through this ghost town I suddenly hear shouts and then footsteps getting closer. I begin to think the worst, surely whatever made this village disappear could make short work of me. I look around for something to defend myself when I realize I'm holding a sword and shield. The sword makes my hand tingle, it makes me think that it might be enchanted and on my other hand the shield which has a silver and gold dragon etched into it.

===

I do have more written of it.

I've done quite a bit of writing since high school. Most of it's non-ABDL related, though I have posted a story to the forum and am planning to do a sequel very soon.

Writing's actually my passion. I even took a Writing Concentration for my English major, and I've spent the last four years (while at college) working on a novel, which I recently finished and am now trying to market and get published. It's no easy feat, I have since learned, but I remain hopeful. ;)

I write short stories. Often in collaboration with my best friend. It's a great hobby and tends to help one keep ahold of their sanity. Usually, I avoid sharing my works online, cause I'm paranoid like that.

I used to write quite a lot and was told it was good enough to sell- then I had a breakdown and my writing ability died sad.gif No longer do my fingers fly across the keys, no longer is my spelling automaticly correct, no longer can I write even one sentence without mistakes in it- sometimes several. My writing style doesn't fit well with spell and grammer checking software so I have to edit manually. As an example this post so far took 3 minutes to write here angry.gif It's just too frustrating to write anymore so I avoid it. You seem to be pretty good at it so onward with much success to you!

Bettypooh

I absolutely love to write. I've written quite a bit that is ABDL related and quite a bit that isn't. Right now, I'm working on a fantasy novel... I'm not that far into it yet since writing requires a lot of time that I unfortunately do not have an over-abundance of.

That was a very good start to your story. I wish you the best of luck with it! :thumbsup:

Guest Katharsys

I will toss in on this as well. I love to write. Unfortunately, most of my writing occurs only during the lower portions of my life. Also, it is quite unfortunate that much of my writing tends to be in a dead/dying essay format that no longer carries the impact that it once had. Gone, I think, are the days when Jonathan Swift could chide a nation on its hypocrisy with a modest proposal. Today, his proposal would be lost amongst the dross that the open forum the internet provides.

But as to the original question? Oh, I love to write when I can. The thought of taking words, and carefully crafting and placing them to provide the strongest impact, is beyond pleasurable.

Thanks for the encouragement Bettypooh and Jabez I appreciate it :D I have the intro(what I wrote was the beginning but there is a small intro leading up to that) and the ending all planned out. There are a few more characters I need to develop and some people/countries I need to name although I'm not really sure how long I want it to be. The whole story except for the intro/end are going to be set in 1st person like the main character is telling it to you directly.

Intro:

My dreams were strange, it was almost like I was actually living during them, like moments in my life that I had yet to live through. At first, I thought they were just that. Now I know the truth. Since that fateful day when I went to visit Kamin about them it changed my life and the lives around me forever. This is my story...

Ending:

Now because of what I've done the icy flow of time has begun to move once more, and I am carried fast by the turbulence. Where it will take me, I do not know, so long as it is far from here. Sometimes though I wish I hadn't gone to visit Kamin. The experiences have changed me and my actions will haunt me for years to come. Whether it is for better or worse I cannot say just yet...

I used to write quite a lot and was told it was good enough to sell- then I had a breakdown and my writing ability died sad.gif No longer do my fingers fly across the keys, no longer is my spelling automaticly correct, no longer can I write even one sentence without mistakes in it- sometimes several. My writing style doesn't fit well with spell and grammer checking software so I have to edit manually. As an example this post so far took 3 minutes to write here angry.gif It's just too frustrating to write anymore so I avoid it. You seem to be pretty good at it so onward with much success to you!

Bettypooh

Wait... Is all of that requirements to write? Cause I suffer from all of those writing problems, too... There's times I have to look up words similar to the ones I wanna use in the thesaurus to find the words I wanna use under the synonyms list. I've never been a fast writer. For some reasons, my hands often produce a different word or phrase than what I want them to. I often type very slowly because of all sorts of mistakes. I also have disabled most of Word's grammar checking because it doesn't like the way I write. I just don't let it get to me, cause there're people who like my work once it's been cleaned up. But, I can understand if you're saying that you've lost your drive or inspiration to write. That happens.

... But, I can understand if you're saying that you've lost your drive or inspiration to write. That happens.

I guess that's it in a nutshell. I just don't enjoy it since it became so hard to do sad.gif I have a couple hard drives from crashed computers with much of my best writing on them. When I get around to recovering that data it might re-inspire me; I really hope it does. Once upon a time writing was the most ejoyable thing in my life and I'd love to have that feeling back again.

Bettypooh

Since a lot of my work invoves writing notes / thesis / papers etc, the joy and pleasure of writing has been taken away from me. It is almost a chore to write / type but due to the speed of my typing, the ideas come onto the screen jsut as quick as they come into my head.

To write fiction, in my opinion, it would take a lot of work to form the basis of the story, the plots and the charachters, and therefore, needs both time and rational planning which to me, time is something I don't have a lot of. Due to that, I use my time relaing either on a site like this, or others.

I would love to have the drive and creative nature to pen something even half as good as some of the authors here. I admire their commitment, talent and respect that they have offered to share their feelings here with us all.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm participating in the National Novel Writing Month this year, joined last year, but didn't start writing because the contest had already started when I signed up. I'm hoping to do self-publishing when I get the thing finished, which should be by mid-December.

....To write fiction, in my opinion, it would take a lot of work to form the basis of the story, the plots and the characters, and therefore, needs both time and rational planning which to me, time is something I don't have a lot of. Due to that, I use my time relating either on a site like this, or others....

It can be something of a chore but it doesn't necessarily have to be. For me the hardest part wasn't the plot line, but making sure that the later 'facts' matched the first ones. Lesser characters and smaller bits were the worst of these- after a number of chapters I'd find myself forgetting the prior details!!! :rolleyes:

I'm participating in the National Novel Writing Month this year, joined last year, but didn't start writing because the contest had already started when I signed up. I'm hoping to do self-publishing when I get the thing finished, which should be by mid-December.

Good Luck to you, and may you fund as much happiness in writing as I did :D

And to all: If you think you might like writing then give it a try- the worst that can happen is people not liking it- then don't let it discourage you. Even well known writers usually have only have a small percentage of their work make it into print ;)

Haud Diutius Stilus :huh:

Bettypooh

Since a lot of my work invoves writing notes / thesis / papers etc, the joy and pleasure of writing has been taken away from me. It is almost a chore to write / type but due to the speed of my typing, the ideas come onto the screen jsut as quick as they come into my head.

To write fiction, in my opinion, it would take a lot of work to form the basis of the story, the plots and the charachters, and therefore, needs both time and rational planning which to me, time is something I don't have a lot of. Due to that, I use my time relaing either on a site like this, or others.

I would love to have the drive and creative nature to pen something even half as good as some of the authors here. I admire their commitment, talent and respect that they have offered to share their feelings here with us all.

For me, the stories and chars just come and I do my best to handle them properly. Often times, I'll witness a cool storyline or meet a new character in my dreams and incorporate those into my writings. Thought, it can be a bit difficult when things like key plot points and some chars' motivations don't show up. But figuring out those can lead a story in a whole 'nother direction, or even spawn a new series of stories. I've never had any luck with forcing out stories. They always end up half-assed and uninspired. So, I stopped trying to do that. The real key is to take the ideas that come to you and run with them. If you've got a few close friends, they can be helpful to bounce idears off of, too. Sometimes, another person's insight can open the floodgates of creativity and ideas that you might've overlooked.

• 6 months later...

Another tidbit, got bored in class and came up with this idea. Been hand writing it for a couple weeks now and up to 15 pages of it, here is a small preview. Let me know what you think, the title is Shades of Gods. Oh and if you come up with any names let me know xD I'm horribly at coming up with names.

[x] – mentor

[y] – elder god 1

[z] – elder god 2

It was dark out, I went out to perform my job at this time on purpose. The reason being that it would disguise me better, harder to catch so to speak. The contract was taken the day before and I promised to kill him tonight. He was a high profile target though and I didn't normally take these because it drew more attention to myself. Attention I didn't want nor need.

---

“Sir, I've gotten reports that someone is trying to kill you.

I'm just curious if there are any others on here who like to write. Whether it be stories, poems, etc... This is something that I've been writing(part of a story I'm in the process of writing).

As I begin to walk down the twisted path, I see trees of all shapes and sizes. Some even look like dried up husks as if something is draining the very nutrients upon which they feed. I soon, after examining the shriveled trees, see a village. The village is apparently abandoned, the people seem to have left everything behind. As if something made them disappear, the very thought they could have vanished leaves my stomach unsettled. As I keep walking through this ghost town I suddenly hear shouts and then footsteps getting closer. I begin to think the worst, surely whatever made this village disappear could make short work of me. I look around for something to defend myself when I realize I'm holding a sword and shield. The sword makes my hand tingle, it makes me think that it might be enchanted and on my other hand the shield which has a silver and gold dragon etched into it.

===

I do have more written of it.

read my blog.

how do you smile how do you keep it all inside,

your fucking face lies and im taking the bribes,

like i dont get it fakin stupid to save the minutes,

trickin sentences to wrap you in the infinite,

aint no hidden ghosts i'll sit and smoke till it hurts,

and pull the shades so i dont see the outskirts,

its how this house works when you decide to kick dirt,

hidden words flicker like wet wicks and fizzle out,

i wrote it all down i'll prolly never send it out,

Time is, indeed, an key element. Fortunately, my job is partially dependent on the weather. So, if it rains a lot, and during the winter, I have more free time. Plus, I generally make it a point to have at least one day a week free (usually sunday, unless it rained us out or something another day). And insomnia can, indeed, be helpful for having time to do stuff. However, as someone who's had insomnia for about 2 decades, now, I can say that after a while, it becomes detrimental. The mind needs sleep to function properly. There have been entire years where I've lacked the inspiration to do more than ponder a few ideas or alter a couple of minor details. Now that I've got medication to combat my insomnia and get a good night's rest again, my mind is becoming sharper again and my inspiration and ideas have come back with a vengeance. As stated before, a lot of my ideas come from my dreams. So having more dreams, and longer-lasting ones, has really helped in that area, too. Plus, it's great not feeling tired all the time. I'd forgotten what it was like to not feel rundown all the time...