LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 And Exercise

Hey there young'in! I'm a distance runner and 24/7 so I think I'm qualified to answer you. Yes, I run in a diaper :) It's not an adult diaper, it's a Pampers size 6. Right now you are wondering how an adult guy like me can wear a Pampers size 6. Good question. While this answer may belong in another folder, it also applies here. Using a sewing machine with zig-zag, I created a "strap" that extends the fastners for Pampers. The center is a row of about 8 of the hook part of several Pampers all stitched to a fabric strip. Next, I stitched a piece of elastic, the same width, to each side and cut it to the right length. To each end I put a combination of the rug side of some sew-on velcro and the sinny stuff that the adhesive part comes stuck to when the diapers are still in the bag.

Okay, that's the extenstion strap and it does hold a size 6 or size 7 Pampers up on my 160 pound, 32 inch waist frame. Your results may not be the same. The effect of aerobic activity in 90+ degree heat and similar humidity is that most of your body fluid leaves you as sweat. About 30 minutes into a run, I usually feel the need and pee my diaper. The result is usually a very small wetting with concentrated urine. I'm up to 10 mile runs on Saturday now and will have to start carrying water. If I get to the point of leaking, I'll look for this thread and tell you about it.

What I can also assure you is that during my run yesterday, I was so soaked with sweat that you wouldn't be able to tell sweat from pee. Really! So, it all comes down to how much you sweat. Of course, cycling is different than running and I'd look for a diaper that I could be comfortable in and well as discrete. It is for the sake of discretion that I wear a baby diaper while running. Even under split running shorts, no one can see it!

Aloha,

Honu

I don't wear 24/7, but I often go to the gym wearing a diaper. I'll do an hour of cardio on the elliptical, and get quite sweaty, then usually go do weights. I often get the tell-tale "crescents" of wetness on my shorts where sweat has accumulated near the leg openings, but hasn't gotten through the diaper. So it looks a bit like a leaky diaper, but it's not. Anyway, nobody would notice as everybody is sweaty in the gym. Wear a diaper if you want, exercise if you want, and don't worry, be happy! :)

Not sure what you mean by "wouldn't work too well". I've run in diapers, swam in diapers, lifted weights in diapers, done aerobics in diapers, played volleyball in diapers, and done martial arts in diapers. Never had a problem. Crinkle has been noticeable, but I could care less. Padding will fall apart in some diapers under strenuous activity. Have had to change in locker room while wearing diapers, but again, I don't care.

If you mean, can people hear it/see it? Yeah, it'll probably happen. If you mean does it interfere with range of motion? Haven't had a problem with it yet!

--Floaty

Not sure what you mean by "wouldn't work too well". I've run in diapers, swam in diapers, lifted weights in diapers, done aerobics in diapers, played volleyball in diapers, and done martial arts in diapers. Never had a problem. Crinkle has been noticeable, but I could care less. Padding will fall apart in some diapers under strenuous activity. Have had to change in locker room while wearing diapers, but again, I don't care.

If you mean, can people hear it/see it? Yeah, it'll probably happen. If you mean does it interfere with range of motion? Haven't had a problem with it yet!

--Floaty

Sometimes I start to chaff from all the rubbing of the plastic on my upper legs. I usually wear tight underwear over my diaper to prevent this. I do almost every sport in diapers...except play on my basketball league. Don't want to post-up on someone and leak on them :)

To some of us, 24/7 is not a choice. Its wear or make a mess on the floor. I have done any activities that I did

before my accident as long as it didnt cause additional health issues. Sometimes it can be a problem with not having

a diaper show. Some clothing doesnt cover much. I just pick cloths carefully and am at a point I dont really care

anymore if someone sees my diapers. I used to go to alot to hide my diapers. I didnt want anyone to know. This prevented

me from doing some of the activities I enjoyed. It took awhile, but now I dont care.

Long story short... Do what you you need to do...

Exercise and diapers? No problem. You just have to find the right diaper for the exercise. For cycling I wear a tena pullup that you can get at most drugstores - they are more 'fitted' than depends pullups and are not noticeable under cycling shorts. I usually don't wet much, if at all, while cycling so I really don't need much protection. If I do happen to wet a lot, and leak, it isn't noticeable and isn't uncomfortable because cycling shorts are usually black and are designed to wick moisture.

Well swim diapers are pretty much for fecal matter. It really doesn't matter if you pee in the ocean, or for that matter most pools, they have so much chlorine that some pee in the water isn't going to matter. Though some people or public pools do put in a dye that shows if someone has peed, so might want to ask if you actually have a problem, even a swim diaper isn't going to contain pee, might just not be able to go to that pool unless you want to be embarrassed.

Though some people or public pools do put in a dye that shows if someone has peed

That's not true. There is no such chemical that I'm aware of. If there was a substance that reacted to urine while diluted in water, it would probably be highly toxic. I've peed in my fair share of pools since I was little and have never crossed paths with this urban legend.

I have worn fulltime for many years and there is a very simple solution for wearing while you exercise, and that is to use a "breathable" diaper. I go to the gym six days a week and I have never had any real issues. The only problem is that the diaper will fill up with sweat, but I change right before I go, and right after.

I do suggest to rub your deoderant on the outside of the diaper in crotch area before you go, so there are no smell.

The only issue I have ever had was being stared at while I did a quick change!

I golfed and bowled my best games in diapers and it amazing golfing in diapers because the course i golf on has a bathroom between a couple of holes and it is a one person at a time with a lock on it :)

• 9 months later...

This is great to read. I have always been really active which seems pretty much at odds with wearing diapers which I'm inclined to do more often. I'm considering trying 24/7 too but can't imagine doing the strength training and martial arts I do in diapers. I also do a lot of cycling and even bicycle touring so I don't know how much of hassle it would be to do all that in padding. Cycling is okay short distances but I can't imagine doing 180 kms or more in a day on a diaper. Padding and bike seats are a bad mix.

I'd really like to hear from some people who do martial arts and wear diapers. I'm kind of reluctant to fight now as I'm reaching that point where I wet in my sleep and getting knocked out might trigger that so I almost have to wear diapers when fighting, lol. Sure would be embarrassing to get knocked out and wake up having wet myself.

To those who run in diapers: How long can you run before the chafing rubs your legs raw? I used to run up to 6 hours at a time and might get back into that if it's not going to disrupt my enjoyment of wearing diapers.

A thought occurred to me yesterday while I was riding my bike. It seems like this activity and a lot of aerobic exercise in general wouldn't work too well while diapered. Can some 24/7 people confirm/deny?

I am today nursing my ass after a pretty hard crash from my bike (also my pride after crashing my car for not the first time this year).

To be fair, good nappies may make for effective light padded undershorts. Can't see em lasting long and wouldn't like to be picking up scraps of fluzzy filler from the forest floors but...

Guest Wetnmessy247

Well......

1.) Biking-is fine. Don't get a relly narrow seat or else you will find yourself pushing your diaper into your bumhole. Okay for wetting, not for messing.

2.) Jogging-is fine. If you wear jogging pants, your puffyness may not go noticed and jogging pants contain the various smells of a full diaper from others. Try to stay in the shade, and rashes WILL happen. Just make sure you wash and cleaned up. Not recommended for those who mess because extreme heat and poo doesn't mix well at all.

3.) Skateboarding- is fine. I skateboard sometimes. I'm okay at it, I use it maainly for transportation. Only downside is if you fall with a full diaper, you will literally explode onto the pavement. No officer, my blood is not brown. That's my poo.

Padding and bike seats are a bad mix.

That much I can attest to. After the first two times of riding bikes in diapers (the cheap Walgreen's/CVS brand), I won't ever wear diapers while riding bikes again. They fall apart so fast it's not funny at all because when it falls apart, it hurts your butt with the clumping while you sit on the seat. Ouch.

When walking over a distance of about 5 miles or so on average, all diapers seem to hold up pretty well although it can get a bit sweaty down there. I'm sure most activities that doesn't require you to sit on your butt and move your legs around at the same time (as you do by riding bikes) while wearing diapers will hold up fine. All you need to worry about is the sweats and making sure that you don't chafe.

A few posts back, talking about playing golf while being diapered: I have a funny youtube video that hilariously shows another method of having to go to the bathroom while on the golf course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJlL9qY9XjA

That's not true. There is no such chemical that I'm aware of. If there was a substance that reacted to urine while diluted in water, it would probably be highly toxic. I've peed in my fair share of pools since I was little and have never crossed paths with this urban legend.

The chlorine in the bleach in swimming pools reacts with ammonia in urine to produce chloramines. The same reaction is from human sweat and chlorine. As a result, it is totally impractical to produce a colour changing chemical as an additive to swimming pools. However, to those who insist in urinating in a swimming pool, it is these chloramines that cause irritation to the eyes common with swimming in a public swimming pool.

Re. the OP,

I am diaper dependent, and wear 24/7/365, play sports and never found a problem with diapers interfering with my choice of activity.

There are really two types of people in the world, those who will make an excuse not to participate, and those that will find a way to participate. As a result, there is no real disability other than within ones head.

I think it all comes down to the right diaper for exercising. Bambino/Abena Xplus or other premium diapers are probably not the best for exercising. You probably also have to find the one that fits you best, probably something like tena stretch or other light/medium diapers will be best as they are meant to move with you with elastic in them. As I have found myself CVS is horrible to wear when you sweat the back just clumps and feels like you are sitting on rocks. Depends at least for me even just wearing them walking to and from classes tend to rub on me, so I think most plastic backed for me at least are out if you will be moving around a lot.

• 1 month later...