LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Vs Abena Xplus

Bambino vs Abena?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Bambino
    • Abena xplus

Bambino. No contest. Better diaper all round for me - better absorbency, better wicking, better fit, better tapes (esp. landing zone), better waistband, better comfort, better odour prevention, better outer plastic, better general appearance (I prefer Bianco).

YMMV, of course and Abri-form X-Plus is a fantastic diaper but Bambino is just better for me.

also for those in the north west area of ohio, (or not too far away) on average, how long does it take bambino to ship to you?

I live in WY and if you are ordering a full case (they don't have to break them) then they ship crazy fast, assuming no hollidays or anything crazy like that.

I would be interested in the UPS box route, I have often thought of that so I don't end up fighting witht he wife.

Guest Katharsys

...{bambino is} $0.05 cheaper (per diaper) for a case of medium...(prices from xpmedical.com and bambinodiapers.com).

Your maths are a bit off. As of today's prices (07/14/09), here is the breakdown rounded up to the nearest cent.

Abriform Original X-Plus from XP:

$57.95 per case of 42 = $1.38 per diaper.

Bambino:

$65.96 per case of 48 = $1.37 per diaper. This is for both the Bianco and Classico, as both are the same price.

Now, the one cent difference is only due to the rounding (1.379 to 1.374). Additionally, if you set up an auto-order from XP on the cases, you will get a 10% discount per case. With that discount in place, the X-Plus comes to $1.24 per diaper.

However, this does raise the question, is the $10 difference a month savings for me - I use 2 cases of X-Plus a month - worth keeping with X-Plus? Now, I must make the claim that I have not tried Bambinos yet, so I cannot say if there would be a make up in the difference due to less diapers being used. I have heard that Bambinos are more absorbent, but I have yet to see specs on them.

Edited by Katharsys

im just worried about having to give them my home address. kind of defeats the purpose... however, they say they won't send any mail to it but still...

I've had a UPS Store mailbox for 2 years and they have never mailed anything to me nor have they called. Even when my 1 year rent was running out they just put a notice inside my mailbox as a reminder. When you receive a large package they just put a notice in your box that you have a package and you just go to the counter. They keep packages securely locked up too so you shouldn't call for your Bambinos and find the counter clerk wearing one :thumbsup: . You can relax on this one and save the paranoia for where it will do the most good.

Hugs,

Freta

I'll put my good word in for Bambino. I'm wearing Abri X-plusses this week as an interim effort, as the stock of small Bambino diapers of both sorts is depleted, and there is absolutely no doubt that the Bambinos aren't just superior. They are WAY superior. The material is more sturdy, the landing zone holds the tapes better, and the diaper itself is more absorbent. Also, the Bambino is superior at actually fitting the sizes that it says it fits.

I quit using Abenas due to problems with them having small pinholes in the plastic backing. It's like they were pressed too hard against a rough surface when they were made or something. My wife doesn't mind my diapers, but when I wear around her, they absolutely cannot leak. So when I get wet spots on my pants from a faulty diaper,we are not happy at all. I tried them several times over a year or so, but had the same problem. I was never a fan of their tapes either, the Bambinos tapes are better by leaps and bounds. Abenas are however slightly thicker than Bambinos but the Bambinos I think are a little more absorbent and MUCH more durable, especially when they are wet, they don't tend to clump up like the abenas. If you use a Bambino and their Quadro boosters, they will hold so much you might think it will explode, but it's always got room for a little more, and tends to keep me dry. I don't bother with anything else anymore, and believe me, I've tried dozens of different diapers over the years. They tailor make their diapers just for us, that alone is enough for me to buy them, but they do make great diapers.

Your maths are a bit off. As of today's prices (07/14/09), here is the breakdown rounded up to the nearest cent.

Abriform Original X-Plus from XP:

$57.95 per case of 42 = $1.38 per diaper.

Bambino:

$65.96 per case of 48 = $1.37 per diaper. This is for both the Bianco and Classico, as both are the same price.

Now, the one cent difference is only due to the rounding (1.379 to 1.374). Additionally, if you set up an auto-order from XP on the cases, you will get a 10% discount per case. With that discount in place, the X-Plus comes to $1.24 per diaper.

However, this does raise the question, is the $10 difference a month savings for me - I use 2 cases of X-Plus a month - worth keeping with X-Plus? Now, I must make the claim that I have not tried Bambinos yet, so I cannot say if there would be a make up in the difference due to less diapers being used. I have heard that Bambinos are more absorbent, but I have yet to see specs on them.

eh. close enough...

Due to me living at home, my usage is slow. I got 2 bags of abena and 1 bag of moli super plus (38 diapers) early January and still have like 7 left so I wouldn't really use the discount.

Thanks for letting me know about the discount though and thanks everyone for your responses!

I think the game plan is after I get back from vacation next week, first chance I get, I will go get a UPS box and order a mixed sample of med/large bambinos to double check what size I need (want to get medium since it is cheaper but need to know if I will be able to wear them). From there, I will get a mixed case of bianco/classico of the better size.

well, apparently you cannot pre-order cases if they are out of stock so i will order them on the 23ed.

also, fyi, apparently, you have to reserve a ups box for a minimum of 3 months!! you can cancel it at any time but you won't get a refund... :( they also make you pay for a key!

Edit: Now, bambino says they have some in stock so i ordered a mixed case of large classico/bianco. let's see what happens.

Edit: just to make sure, ups can ship to ups boxes, right? (order hasn't shipped yet since it was placed after they closed)

Wouldn't that be funny if ups couldn't ship to a ups box, lol. A UPS box gives you a physical street address, along with any packages delivered that need a signature will be signed for by them. Also since it is a physical address and not a PO Box any carrier will deliver to them. Literally if USPS or Fedex shows up they walk into the UPS Store and hand them the package and the desk clerk signs for it if needed. And then you will get a little note telling you to pick up your package at the counter since most boxes are to small. I'm not sure if they have a rule like the post office, but at USPS if you get more then 12 packages that are to big for the box in 20 consecutive days (not including weekends and holidays). So that is basically 12 packages that are to big in a month and they will make you upgrade to a bigger box. Most likely I won't even have that many things delivered to me in a month, so even having the smallest box I doubt it will be a problem for me, may want to check the policy on this for UPS.

well, apparently you cannot pre-order cases if they are out of stock so i will order them on the 23ed.

also, fyi, apparently, you have to reserve a ups box for a minimum of 3 months!! you can cancel it at any time but you won't get a refund... :( they also make you pay for a key!

Edit: Now, bambino says they have some in stock so i ordered a mixed case of large classico/bianco. let's see what happens.

Edit: just to make sure, ups can ship to ups boxes, right? (order hasn't shipped yet since it was placed after they closed)

Wouldn't that be funny if ups couldn't ship to a ups box, lol.

yah, yah, lol. i think i am a little obsessive/compulsive since i think up of every possibility and worry about it, no matter how rediculous.

on a side note, rofl. what are the odds of this happening?

HODGKINS , IN , US 07/28/2009 12:32 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

HODGKINS , IL , US 07/27/2009 11:26 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

Edit: rofl. this has happened to someone else! http://forgotten-nevada.blogspot.com/2007_05_01_archive.html

• 4 weeks later...

I just got some Bambinos, and I was surprised at how good they are. I'd say absorbency is about the same, but the tapes are just GREAT. They don't come undone like Abena's, and you can even untape and retape them without it completely losing the stickiness.