LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ever Tried A Cath?

Like a lot of us, I have always wondered what it would be like to really have no control over wetting. I don't want to permanently lose control (this isn't one of those threads!), but I have often thought that it would be cool to see what it was like for a while. I have heard that catheters are an option and will really render you without any control whatsoever. But I also know that inserting a catheter is not something you should mess around with (risk of infection, and I sure don't know how to put one in). So it was never something I considered an option.

Well, I have been dating a nurse for the past few months now. She is aware of the whole diaper thing and is fine with it (I don't know how you could date somebody for months and not tell them... but that is a different thread). Well, she works in a hospital and puts caths in all the time. I told her I had always wondered what it would be like and we talked about it a bit.

Long story short, she is totally willing to do it, and I feel 100% confident that she knows what she is doing and that it would be safe. I haven't decided to do it yet, but I am thinking about it. Have any of you ever tried it before? I mean, I know I won't be able to control myself, but I am wondering if it is totally uncomfortable? Does it hurt? And does it work with a diaper? (She normally uses a drip bag). I am thinking I might want to try it for a couple of days or something, but I am really interested in hearing what other folks experiences have been before I commit to it.

Thanks for any thoughts or experiences.

A cath is not a big deal. I have had them for a medical situation inserted for over three years. I have not used a drip bag most of the time. Wash the area daily with soap and warm water. I just wear a diaper and plug it with a plastic plug at the end of it and do a gravity release every hour or so. When I am home I remove the plug and let it drip freely into a diaper. You will be amazed at how quickly it gets saturated. I add you should drink lots of fluids and ensure you eat potassium. Another thing to slow the urine release is to put a needle hole into the plug and it will drip slower but steadily. You don't want the urine to "back fill" into your bladder by letting the urine build up inside a plugged hose, that is when you likely will get a UTI. As for discomfort, well you will know it is there in the beginning but as each time you have one inserted the odd feeling will reduce, either way the different feeling is livable with. You my have to adjust it occasionally when sitting. I don't give it a second thought now since wearing one so long. I miss it when I don't have one in as a matter of fact. Your nurse friend will be able to put it in without you worrying. I say try and see. It is a great insight to see what a truly incontinent person must go through.

Reminder: DRINK LOTS OF WATER!

Huggie :biker_h4h:

This also interests me but what about .....THE PAIN!!!!! I've used to work as a nurse tech in a hospital and put them in people all the time. And take them out. And boy oh boy people didn't like it either way. I would love to put one in much for the same reason but not too sure I wanna deal with the pain of having a huge rubber hose shoved up my tiny pee hole. I once had a doctor do a STD test on my pee pee, where he stuck a q-tip up the end to swab and it burned like hell!! I can only imagine what a giant hose would feel like. My wife also had a catheter put in not too long ago in the hospital just for 30 minutes and she said it was some of the most excruitiating pain she's ever felt for 30 minutes straight. Now if you all have other opinions that would be great. Or is there some trick to make it not hurt? But I think I have a narrow/small urethra anyway. (I've seen other penis' up close and my hole looks small.) But would love to hear more about this.

I guess everybody's different. I have to self cath about 5-6 times a day (timed toileting). It's no big deal. I also get about 4-5 UTIs a year and that's been a big deal. UTIs are no fun. I even had a bad reaction to an antibiotic, Levaquin, which caused both my biceps tendons to snap off the bone within a week of each other. Just like the other posters have said, it's a risk and reward issue for you.

Well, we talked and decided to give it a shot. It is not something I plan to do for a long time, maybe a day or two at the most. I have no idea if I am going to love it or hate it, but we went out and bought one, so in the next day or two I will probably find out. I'll let folks know how it goes.

hell no! A flexible cystoscopy put me off forever. When the doctors say it won't hurt to have a camera 'there' they are lying!

bloody doctor has done me 4 times with a cystoscopy&3 times with urodinamics :o

tubes up your peepee&bum,they then take xrays as your bladder fills... :lol:

superpubic cath in for 7 years i have lost count of all the UTIs,had it riped out 2 years ago.(the hole is still there and pulls open if i lift any thing heavy)

me i never wont to see a cath again.

hell no! A flexible cystoscopy put me off forever. When the doctors say it won't hurt to have a camera 'there' they are lying!

bloody doctor has done me 4 times with a cystoscopy&3 times with urodinamics :o

tubes up your peepee&bum,they then take xrays as your bladder fills... :lol:

superpubic cath in for 7 years i have lost count of all the UTIs,had it riped out 2 years ago.(the hole is still there and pulls open if i lift any thing heavy)

me i never wont to see a cath again.

I have had numerous cystoscopes, never hurt me, perhaps it is the mind set you are in. My urethra is/was extremely narrow due to a scar tissue accumulation from an accident in my teens.

FYI for those of you that may not know a super pubic cath is, it is a surgically placed cath via a puncture hole directly to your bladder below the the belly button and above your boy. I had one of them in for 3 months and yes that sucked. The standard urethral cath is a whole lot easier to deal with. I think for the most part ppl just say "OMG" and shut their mind off to it. From my experience I learned to enjoy them after treatment for a blocked urethra, it was a three year ordeal that I learned to like and in fact missed the whole deal enough to pursue doing treatments by myself now and am loving it, I guess it is truly a "medical fetish" for me :P

Sea Otter "good for you", when you do it relax, if your g/f is going to help lay down and relax. Wearing it a day or two is wonderful for starters. I look forward to reading your account of the experience.

for all you Americans:

88709919.png

Well, I gave it a shot. I don't know exactly what happened, but lets just say it was a really bad experience for all involved.

For whatever reason my body was not OK with the whole thing. It never felt good, but I wasn't in major pain or anything like that. But my body eventually started to really freak out (I actually passed out). I was hoping to keep it in for a day or two, but we took it out after about an hour. My girlfriend said she has never seen anyone react to a cath like that before, and she was really worried. I took me a good 24 hours to feel normal again (I feel 100% fine now though).

Bottom line for me: Not something I ever plan to do again.

I'm not here to tell people its wrong or bad to do it, but if you want to try it, make sure you do so with a trained person who knows what they are doing and is going to be with you while you are trying it. If I had not had my girlfriend (who is a trained medical professional) with me, I would have ended up in the hospital.

That is all I have to say on this topic.

-Mr. Otter

Have you ever been tested for a rubber/latex allergy? Perhaps what happened to you was not due to the implantaion of the catheter but the material it was made of or the ointment that was used to lube it with.

I've been cathed several times for diaper play and have never had a problem but I only kept it in for a few hours. I've also been cathed during the birth of my last child and to be honest with you, I never felt it in me at all. Even when the nurse came to remove it, it didn't bother me at all and it had been in for 2 days.

To all those still wanting to try this, Yes, a catheter does give you the same affect as being incontinent but you can end up with serious infections if you're not careful. Also make sure you know what your caths are made of and if you have any allergies BEFORE you start.

Sorry it didn't work out for you Mr. Otter.

oh well, poor Sea Otter :|

They never bothered me ever, ummm I think maybe all the pressure to do it got the best of you. "I don't know???"

I've had the pleasure of sounds (instruments) clear the way for me. An f24 is about the size of a #2 pencil, a typical foleys cath (although they come in several sizes) and a cystoscope are f14's. Latex does have a negative reaction to many, if you decide another try get a "non-latex" cath. Sorry it wasn't an enjoyable experience for you.