LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I'm Just A Dl, But...

I always get a bit amused when people say, "I am definitely NOT an AB..." or "I don't have any interest in being an AB..." etc and then comes "BUT,...

But I like to suck on a paci.

But I have a teddy bear.

But I like footed sleepers.

But I like to cuddle.

But I have several pair of plastic pants with cute prints.

And so on.

I suppose these people think of an AB as an adult lying in a crib 24 hours a day and just saying goo-goo ga-ga? Such people are nearly non-existent.

I've said it once, and I'll say it a kazillion times... the whole experience is on a continuum (in fact multiple intersecting contiuums).

So, to me, if you enjoy footed sleepers, wear diapers with a print, and suck your thumb while cuddling your plushie toy... you "tend toward AB feelings." But of course, call yourself what you like!! :D

Just thoughts banging around in my mind over a few months. Not a response to any specific post.

Hugs, Joey

Guest VladYvhv

ive always disagreed with categrosing, but the differences between DLs and ABs arent much.

I think if you like diapers, that automatically makes you an ab...it just does, no matter how you act

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldn't that make it so that there would only be ABs and people who need diapers for medical reasons but don't like them? I think there needs to be a little distinction between ABs and DLs, if only to be selfish and find some gal who's DL tollerant but creeped out by ABs and doesn't share yer view on what maks an AB :P . The definition I go by for myself (I'm still goinna respect anyone calling themselves what they will, though) is that a DL likes and weard diapers, while an AB likes, wears, and uses them. So, yeah... Sometimes I'm self-classfiable as an AB, but I'm usually self-classifiealbe as a DL. It's better to not classify others by our own standards, as that's caused a lot of problems throughout history. It's a good way to hear someone shout "Them's is fightin' words!" and proceed to clean yer clock... Much safer to let people classify themselves...

So if a mommy and daddy are exactly what they sound like...

And an AB (whether in denial or not) is someone who likes to experience, at some level, being a baby, even though they're not...

And a diaper lover is someone who likes to wear diapers...

What am I?

I just think chicks look really hot in diapers. If I had my way I wouldn't play daddy (though as a fairly open minded person, I have no qualms engaging in this, I just really wouldn't choose it on my own), and I probably wouldn't ever wear a diaper myself (but for a lack of having any real contact with members of the opposite sex who wear diapers, I guess I kinda fall back on this). I would just have a sexual partner wear them.

Is DL a blanket term for someone who likes wearing diapers or who enjoys seeing others in them? It seems to me that for most people I talk to diapers are non-sexual or not strictly sexual. For me, they are purely so.

Just my continuing confusion on this topic.

ive always disagreed with categrosing, but the differences between DLs and ABs arent much.

I think if you like diapers, that automatically makes you an ab...it just does, no matter how you act

Then if you like panties that makes you a girl?

I think ab's and dl's are basically the same thing at different spots on the spectrum. For instance, if you take something totally unrelated like people who consider themselves "chocoholics". The one thing they all have in common is a love of chocolate. But do they separate or differentiate themselves by those who will eat all chocolate without discriminating, those who only eat dark or milk chocolate, those who like flavoured fillings etc. It's the same with ab/dl's. We all love diapers. There's no such thing as an ab/dl who doesn't love diapers (or at least I've never come across one). But after that distinction, we're all over the map. I'm all over the map. Sometimes it's just about the diapers. Other times I need the pacifier and the whole baby experience. Sometimes it's sexual. Sometimes it's emotional.

It's too simple to use a label and a definition. And as Morv pointed out ... what about people like him who like to see others in diapers. You could argue in that case that it's an actual fetish, but even that wouldn't be accurate unless the person had to be in the presence of the sexual object (diapers) in order to be aroused. If you're able to become aroused without having the object present than it's not a true fetish.

I guess what I'm saying is that ABs and DLs are not apples and oranges sharing the same fruit bowl. They're all apples - just different varieties. :P

There's an old apple variety called Mother!

"Mother - is a medium to large fruit with bright red skin. It has a distinctively sweet acid flavor, but its major drawback is its inability to store well. It has almost disappeared in America but still is widely grown in England. It originated in Massachusetts and was introduced in 1840."

I'm not joking - what an apt analogy Pipsqueak.

Dolly :)

Just a note, unless you're choosing an excessively strict definition of a fetish (read, "medical definition"), it is not something that must be present for arousal, but rather something "such as an object or nonsexual part of the body" which causes arousal and "may become necessary for sexual gratification."

I know it is kinda picking bones, but when the average person says fetish, it doesn't have to indicate a complete dependence... when a shrink says it, different story.

(Definitions taken from dictionary.com. Both the medical and lay definitions can be found at http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fetish )

Just a note, unless you're choosing an excessively strict definition of a fetish (read, "medical definition"), it is not something that must be present for arousal, but rather something "such as an object or nonsexual part of the body" which causes arousal and "may become necessary for sexual gratification."
OK, I guess I could agree with that. I don't, strictly speaking, have a diaper fetish then. If every diaper in the world suddenly disappeared, every reference to it was removed, every baby suddenly potty trained and every incontinent person miraculously cured, I'd probably still think about it but I think I could live my life out without ever touching another one. I might draw them or write about them but physical contact would not be required.

I'm not saying I'd enjoy life as much but I have given up other things that I was more addicted to. I gave up street racing over a decade ago and that was probably the hardest. I was racing for 15 years! I miss it but I'm living despite or because of it. Opinions go both ways on the subject.

I believe I am truly only a DL. I have no inclination to be babied in any way. I can and have been an online daddy but it was just something I was doing to make others happy. I only like diapers and women in diapers. This is probably because I got into diapers (pun?) later in life, about 10-11 years ago.

So, I don't see me on the sliding scale very far toward the AB side. :D

i think pipsqueak sumed it up best in this thread but all were good replys here but what am i? i like diapers, i like dressing/acting like a baby, dressing in womens clothes, i like bondage and im bi-sexual. so am i an AB-sissy-transvestite-S&M-bi-sexual? yes but i dont see that under "I am a..." or "Diaper Status" see we dont need lables for everthing for i am just me.

too much information for you? then forget with drugs! jk

that means you have a panty fetish, different forum tbh! :P

Nope, you can be a DL with a pantie interest and/or an AB with a pantie interest. That is exactly the point that Pipsqueak so very carefully explained. The diaper is the common point. It may be decorated (the interest in diapers!) in many ways, including panties / spankings / furries / leather / non-sexual / etc etc etc. Also was my original point.

You're at the right forum!

:D

i think pipsqueak sumed it up best in this thread but all were good replys here but what am i? i like diapers, i like dressing/acting like a baby, dressing in womens clothes, i like bondage and im bi-sexual. so am i an AB-sissy-transvestite-S&M-bi-sexual? yes but i dont see that under "I am a..." or "Diaper Status" see we dont need lables for everthing for i am just me.

too much information for you? then forget with drugs! jk

You got it.

How about "I am ABDL-ish, among other things." or

"I am AB-ish, among other things." or

"I am DL-ish, among other things."

Now I am not boxed and labeled.

^_^

I guess for me the big distinction between AB and DL would seem that at whatever level, an AB desires to emulate the feeling or sensation of a younger stage of life. This seems for some that it could cross with DL... and the lovely thing with any line drawn based on a state of mind, there's really no way to be absolutely certain. I guess that's where I view it.

Illustrating an odd point, I would say a DL who likes pacifiers because he/she started using them to quit smoking when that was all the rage (oh, the 90s!), isn't an AB unless the interest in one of those objects is to bring up the feeling of being a baby... I'd also say that there's probably plenty of people out there who wrap themselves up in warm blankets and like being cuddled to feel warm and secure, just like a little kid that are more AB than some people who wear diapers because they just like diapers.

I guess I just

Ramble on.

Yes, I suppose I have heard that somewhere... I prefer to use drugs that are a little safer than that -- I do my research. :cringe:

lysdexia?

you should join DNA, the national dyslexic association

ive never done it before. infact the only illegal drugs ive done are pot and alcohol. however in 32 hours alcohol will not be illegal for me. yay!

Congratulations! 21 is a special age. There's no going back. You are an adult in every since of the word with the possible exception of your underwear! ;)

Nothing but elected office is out of your reach now! (minimum ages being 25, 35 in the US for most federal positions such as congress and president)

I refuse to be labeled. Too often we try to put people or things into nice tidy little boxes and make sure that they stay where they are put. Having an open mind willing to experience new things is one of the keys to true happiness in life.

I see it every day. People stuck in their miserable existence completely unable or unwilling to change or take a chance on a new experience. These people eat the same food, watch the same shows, play the same games, and vacation in the same spot year after year. They are so afraid of new experiences that they are paralyzed, unable to cope.

I believe that the majority of people here are willing to try new things as well. The diapers we wear are a common link. Thats all. Its the diversity that makes this community great.

Unfortunately I still have my boundaries. Everyone does. I try to push those boundaries from time to time. Sometimes it works out and I discover a brand new enjoyment. Sometimes it bites me in the ass. However, its the discovery that makes it all worth while.

Congratulations! 21 is a special age. There's no going back. You are an adult in every since of the word with the possible exception of your underwear! ;)

Nothing but elected office is out of your reach now! (minimum ages being 25, 35 in the US for most federal positions such as congress and president)

Elected office is not the only thing out of his reach after 21 - don't forget his Senior Citizen's Bus Card and Retirement Pension ;)

Echo your post drynot providing people are physically and mentally well enough to be able to open up to many new experiences, of course.)

Dolly

Hi,

Another great topic. I have been recently wondering about this too. The differences between people that classify themselves as AB or DL.

I would have always said that I am a DL, but I find there is a big grey line there. Recently I had acquired a couple of goodies from ebay that would fit into the AB category of things. A few pairs of pants and a onesie. I never really experimented with being an AB before, I dont think it is for me, but I do like wearing those things.

Of the many people that I chat to in the room, you dont need to scratch too far below the surface to realise that there are a lot of people that say they are DLs that do have some AB interests.

It is my thought that everyone who is into wearing nappies must have at some time really considered AB type stuff. I really have never met anyone here that I would say is a pure DL. I think however I have met many people here that have a really strong AB side.

I think we should have a football game (you know, the game you play with your feet.. :whistling: ) over this - dl and ab teams. The team who wins the game, wins the discussion.. :)

Of course, the ones who feel to be both ab and dl, or neither, or sort of in a grey zone, are free to switch teams as they like (only fair I think). :P

/doc