LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Attends Brand

Guest baby

Hello,

I have tried doubling Attends with Waistband and tried to cut a slit in the plastic. Not sure if I am just not doing it right but it seems the stuffing sort of comes out some and it hard to just cut the plastic and not the stuffing...something I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Try using something with a point to just poke a series of holes, rather than cutting slits. A sharp pencil, ink pen, a screw or nail point, etc.. Just make alot of tiny holes where your diaper gets the wettest. That should be enough to let things flow to the 2nd brief without the stufing coming out. Attends stuffing is pretty bad when it comes loose. I got in the shower while wearing an Attends Classic 10. It was a fun and unique experience. UNTIL, I tried to take it off. Luckily, I took it off in the tub. When I did the inner liner came loose and all of the fluff fell out. Not an easy clean up.

I usually take one diaper get a utility knife and lay the diaper down so you can cut 1" cuts into the plastic every 3 inches space apart from the top to bottom, right down the middle. I usually do this with 3 cuts. One in the middle, one next the liner then the other liner. _ _ _ _ _ You get this pattern. I never have any probems with the

_ _ _ _ _ cotton trying to come out. Sometimes I wear three diapers

_ _ - _ with lots of baby powder. It feels so good in a bulky diaper U feel like a baby again. :mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::P:D

Im with square_duck I have been using pads from XP Medical now for 3 years, and there great.

Try these (below) they are as large as the fluffy stuff in the diaper itself and no plastic backing. Just throw it your diaper disposable or cloth and your good.

Abena Abri-Let Maxi 6 x 24 inchesCase of 120 $59.95

Booster pad inserts are an economical and effective way to increase the capacity of any absorbent product. We offer them in three sizes to accommodate absorbency requirements from moderate to extremely heavy. At a full 6 inches wide and 24 inches long, the new Abri-Let Maxi covers a 250% larger area and offers twice the thickness of a conventional booster. It is specially designed to provide compete front-to-back coverage while fitting neatly between the leak guards on medium, large and XL size briefs.

As one of the posts said poking holes with a pencil or pen works very well, and it is what i used to do before i discovered booster pads. I have to say that the pads are the way to go. It is cheaper than using two diapers at the same time, and they add an incredible amount of absorbency.

For those who want to try the boost pads but can't/don't want to order online you can look for Depend boost pads. They are widely available in supermarkets, Wallgreens, Wal-marts etc.. they are what i use and they are fantastic and cheap (I haven't been able to wear diaper lately but back in august they were 5.99 for a pack of 20) the boost pads add bulk to the diaper as well.

Of course there are those times when one wants to waddle around and doubling up on diapers accomplishes that quite nicely!

Guest Katharsys

Well, if you are like me and remember as well as miss that smell that the old style Attends used to have (and such memories that it brings back) I have found something amazing.

Recently, our cleaning person at work has switched the refills of hand-soap pumps (used to be the Dial Foaming kind) to basic Ivory Hand Soap liquid. So I was washing my hands, and I just about fainted when that very familiar aroma came back to me!

So, if you want to relive that smell, pick yourself up a bottle. I will try to get the exact kind for everyone within the next few days.

Good find Katharsys! I do miss that smell, and I really really miss the old style of attends. So thick and absorbent and soft and comfortable. Why did they have to go and ruin a perfectly good diaper? :( Oh well.

Good find Katharsys! I do miss that smell, and I really really miss the old style of attends. So thick and absorbent and soft and comfortable. Why did they have to go and ruin a perfectly good diaper? :( Oh well.

*hee hee* I just had to say it...

Weren't you going to ruin it once you put it on? <:)

• 4 weeks later...

I have purchased the Euro Attend and find them really crappy, they are not very think even for size ten, don't like tht feel of the plastic plus they leak. Are the american ones the save.?

• 4 weeks later...

If I were you all do not get the attends breathable the takes suck, I have had one or 2 tapes on each diaper in the package fail. Hey Paper Pak you stupid shits buy a good product and you continually screw it up further like the polititians in this country.

• 2 months later...

I got some of the Attends Extended Wear diapers and here's the results:

Very thick diaper.

All White

"breathable" cover (ie no plastic backing)

"re-fastenable tabs" (ie velcro)

No waistband

Bottom line, it's a pretty good diaper. Especially if you want to have them concealed. They hold a lot more than the regular Attends 10.

Downsides: no waistband, no plastic cover, very high cost

At about $2/diaper I can't justify spending that much to get what is the equivalent of a diaper that I could get for less with more "features". If they took the waistband and plastic cover from the "waistband Attends" I'd gladly spend the money on it. As it is, I can get a better diaper for less.

I got some of the Attends Extended Wear diapers and here's the results:

Very thick diaper.

All White

"breathable" cover (ie no plastic backing)

"re-fastenable tabs" (ie velcro)

No waistband

Bottom line, it's a pretty good diaper. Especially if you want to have them concealed. They hold a lot more than the regular Attends 10.

Downsides: no waistband, no plastic cover, very high cost

At about $2/diaper I can't justify spending that much to get what is the equivalent of a diaper that I could get for less with more "features". If they took the waistband and plastic cover from the "waistband Attends" I'd gladly spend the money on it. As it is, I can get a better diaper for less.

I got a free sample from Attends and I thought they were pretty good too. They have improved the velcro tapes making them wider and attached them better to the backing (Attends also claims to have put in QC equipment - cameras- to ensure the tapes are placed and adhered properly--they admitted having had problems with the earlier breathable breifs). I also wish they had plastic backing and 6 tapes.....oh well....I can't imagine any active incontinent person wanting to have a breathable brief! Breathable means that odors will escape easier....who wants a smelly diaper!

I really miss the Attends from about 3-4 years ago. The ones with the white tapes that said attends, the full waistband and the 3 yellow stripes down the middle.

The new ones are fairly good these days, but I just miss the older ones.

Attends has changed the tapes on their breathable briefs as they had a problem with the original design. The new ones are wider and have a better grip tab on them. So if you had a problem with tapes coming off on the breathables, try getting some new stock.

Also, Overstock.com has the new Extended wear briefs for $44/case with $2 shipping.

I received my Attends extended wear briefs in the mail the other day. I am completely

convinced that if they put the same material in these extended wear briefs in the plastic

backed waistband style briefs with three tapes, they would be the old school diapers of

yesteryear that we know and love. Just my 2 cents.

No way.....these extended wear briefs are much thicker than anything Attends ever made before.

I do agree though...put this padding into their 6 tape plastic backed brief and they'd have a winner. Add leak guards and a little more fluff....and they'd compete with Abena and Molicare!

I meant to say the Attends of yesteryear. That would be great if they offered

an extended wear in the 6 tape waistband style witht the same stuffing as the

extended wear breathables. I doubt they would listen but it worth a shot.