LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Else Share My Nerdy Interests?

Anyone else share my nerdy interests?

List of Interests- current order, arranged from Most Interested to Least Interested:

• JavaScript
  • Actionscript
  • Photoshop / Fireworks
  • 3d Modeling
  • Multimedia Effects
  • CSS
  • XML
  • HTML
  • Sanskrit
  • Chakras / Auras / Energy
  • Misc. Eastern Philosophy

That's about as much as I can think of. The list changes from time to time. At one point "Psychology" was on there- not as much anymore.

List of Interests- current order, arranged from Most Interested to Least Interested:

• JavaScript
  • Actionscript
  • Photoshop / Fireworks
  • 3d Modeling
  • Multimedia Effects
  • CSS
  • XML
  • HTML
  • Sanskrit
  • Chakras / Auras / Energy
  • Misc. Eastern Philosophy

That's about as much as I can think of. The list changes from time to time. At one point "Psychology" was on there- not as much anymore.

I can do JavaScript and VBScript, plus regular Java and C/C++ coding.

I also build/upgrade/repair computers, and am spending a lot of time playing with Linux.

Besides that, I do a lot of gaming: MMORPG (as long as they are free-to-play: Guild Wars, Dungeon Runners, MapleStory, etc), 3D shooters (Unreal Tournament, Half-Life, Tribes, etc), and RTS (StarCraft, Command & Conquer, etc).

Nerdy enough for ya? :P

I'm just finishing up a Javascript class now and it's so boring. I'm kinda disappointed really because I was hoping I would like it.

Well, because of all the technical details you need to be able to understand in order to code (so that your coding doesn't cause major problems later), it isn't an exciting class unless you are a techie-type who likes to get into the nitty-gritty in-depth behind-the-scenes stuff...

• JavaScript

• Actionscript

• Photoshop / Fireworks

• 3d Modeling

• Multimedia Effects

• CSS

• XML

• HTML

*giggles* this qualifies you as a geek, not nerd silly lol :P

*giggles* this qualifies you as a geek, not nerd silly lol :P

Gee, if that was true, then the series of movies would have been called "Revenge of the Geeks" instead of "Revenge of the NERDS".

Definition from Wikipedia:

Geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.

Nerd is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people.

Therefore, people who are crazy about computers and electronics are NERDS. Best Buy has is wrong by calling their computer repair business "Geek Squad". The definition of geek was only RECENTLY changed to duplicate the existing meaning of nerd.

I don't do a lot of the web development stuff you have listed, but I do code and use linux/bsd quite a bit. I'm more into Python, Pearl, sql, and C/C++ although of course I know some html xhtml and how to use CSS layouts and the like. I know a little about javascript but that is only for XSS or similar intellectual pursuits. But those things are in the same ballpark of interests.

**edit**

I also have a fascination with arm, assembly and ada

• 2 weeks later...

i bet you could give daily di a blinding makeover with them skills.

Actually, no...those are just "interests." Not skills.

My experience lies in things like Photoshop, Flash, and a lot of HTML / CSS...

But not in PHP, XML, JavaScript, etc.

Nerdy enough for ya? :P

Yup. :D

I'll go a different route for all of you. I enjoy the chakras energy and other homeopathic mumbo jumbo. Really I just enjoy getting drunk with my friend and waxing theologic for hours on end. Though I'm an atheist thus far I'm holding out hope that one day, through my musings, I may find the answers I'm looking for. Although really I find my self believing what I can only describe as agnostic. Only because I believe that Deity is obtained through knowledge, or that knowledge is god. But I'll digress since I don't want to bore you all with my ramblings :rolleyes: .

Oh and to those of you that can render in 3D and The CAD ninjas :ph34r: , I need help with a project that I'm working on so hit me up with a PM for the details.(basically I need a steel frame drawn up for a vehicle that I'm working on building)

• 4 weeks later...

I certainly join you further down the list! Sanskrit, Chakra, Eastern Philosophy are all great passions of mine, along with continental philosophy, psychology and Qabala :D

I also am a partner in a small hosting/web company... But I'm afraid i'm the reall boring guy who deals with the accounts and business matters :P

I wish XP

I know some very basic html and CSS, but I usually have to double check stuff while I'm doing it, and I still relied on DreamWeaver to build my website for me, which sucks because I don't know how to edit XML documents with it.

I have seen ghosts and auras (so has my mom), and I've also managed to heal people, or at least relieve pain, without actually touching them (similar to Reiki). I've also seen some things that would make people think I'm crazy if I talked about it, so I won't. I'm not a goth or satanist or anything like that. I do believe in God, but not as an entity. My beliefs are based on what I've experienced first hand, and I know I'm not crazy...am I?