LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Road Trip

I have about a 10 hour road trip this w/e

Also I have a real urge incontinence issue so it's not just a DL thing.

I wear the Depend belted undergarments out in public, since they are discreet.

At home I do wear diapers, b/c it's private and no one knows.

I am just not a public wearer of real diapers.

So I need advice of what the best protection would be.

I usually dribble till I find a bathroom.

But sometimes it takes a while to find a rest stop on the highway.

I want to wear the undergarments since I will have to stop places and it's an easy change.

But if I go "full flood" I don't want to have to deal with leaks either.

What's the best advice for someone that doesn't like a full diaper in public?

ANything but depends. I have used attends in the past and if you will be stopping occasionaly that would be ok. If you have plastic pants to goover them it would be even better. as for being noticed most everyone accept diaper users will have no idea nor will they care. at least that ismy experience.

I done road trips in depends breifs... they don't work. The padding gets bunched up between your legs and even if you only dribble, you have a good chance of leaking. Even if you don't leak, the padding bunching up can make for an uncomfortable ride.

Unfortunately, since you are honestly incontinent you do need the full benefit of a diaper deny it or not but you do. You might not like it but that is whats necessary whether you are comfortable with it being out in public is a non issue. You need it, and if you want to prevent a full out flood nothing but a diaper will suffice since other things like belted undergarments are only made for light to moderate accidents.

Come to grips with it chicadee. :thumbsup:

Guest diapered67

Depends on the weather too... a diaper that is comfortable... i would have to choose Abena Xplus for a road trip and bring plenty of powder. Espically if it is hot.

Or just travel at nite is a solution for that one. Enjoy your trip...

The market is deceitful in making incontinent people believe that they can suffice in the pullups because they are "just like underwear" as they say. However, it is also "just like a flood in the pants." Can we say "just like being in the Nile River?" If you are one hundred percent incontinent, if you have not an ounce of control, diapers are the only way to go. Pullups are only made for those that have light to moderate issues. Pullups lack the protection that a completely incontinent person needs. they don't absorb as much or as fast, and they do not have the leak guards. Just wear the diapers. Nobody will notice. Wearing loose fitting jeans that are black or blue or any other dark color works very well at hiding the diaper. Nobody will ever tell you have a diaper on. I hope this helps.

The market is deceitful in making incontinent people believe that they can suffice in the pullups because they are "just like underwear" as they say. However, it is also "just like a flood in the pants." Can we say "just like being in the Nile River?" If you are one hundred percent incontinent, if you have not an ounce of control, diapers are the only way to go. Pullups are only made for those that have light to moderate issues. Pullups lack the protection that a completely incontinent person needs. they don't absorb as much or as fast, and they do not have the leak guards. Just wear the diapers. Nobody will notice. Wearing loose fitting jeans that are black or blue or any other dark color works very well at hiding the diaper. Nobody will ever tell you have a diaper on. I hope this helps.

Very true. This is why my Tena adjustable briefs always leak.

Most of the disposable briefs don't hold large amount of urine anyways.

On road trips, I wear Tena Supers. They can take a decent flooding and you can continue to dribble or slowly release until you can find a rest stop. They have worked out great for me. They're moderately thick but are really comfy, have a woven shell and velcro tabs that work great, and are fairly discreet with loose pants, but at the same time offer great protection. I have used them on many a road trip with great success. Haven't had much success with any kind of pullup unless you fill them *really* slow. They're just not reliable for sitting mixed with lots of peeing. I do use them at other times, when I am out and active and need something to use very discreetly, but the capacity is no comparison. I have had the best luck with these, here are some links where I buy them from.

Tena Super

http://www.northshorecare.com/tena-super-night.html

The Tena Extra Pull up

http://www.northshorecare.com/pullons-tena.html

I also like Tranquility ATN's because of the capacity and feel, and Tena Flex Briefs. The flex I would not use when sitting for extended times, but they feel great because of the style.

http://www.northshorecare.com/tranquility1.html

http://www.northshorecare.com/tena-flexi-briefs.html

Overall, I have to say the Tena Supers are the only diaper I can rely on for hours of driving comfortably and dry.

Guest LOSTinDiapers

I know that the road trip already happened, but I wouldn't even go with a diaper if you really have a problem with urge incontinence. You should try a condom catheter and leg bag. Of course, you can just put the bag on the seat next to you if you don't have anyone riding with you and empty it at the next rest stop. I know it is not as fun as a disposable diaper, but it is much more practical for a 10 hour car ride.

• 1 month later...

I use Abenas for long road trips. I haven't worn a disposable diaper for months.

I have not tried the Bambinos but I hear they are good.

I have about a 10 hour road trip this w/e

Also I have a real urge incontinence issue so it's not just a DL thing.

I wear the Depend belted undergarments out in public, since they are discreet.

At home I do wear diapers, b/c it's private and no one knows.

I am just not a public wearer of real diapers.

So I need advice of what the best protection would be.

I usually dribble till I find a bathroom.

But sometimes it takes a while to find a rest stop on the highway.

I want to wear the undergarments since I will have to stop places and it's an easy change.

But if I go "full flood" I don't want to have to deal with leaks either.

What's the best advice for someone that doesn't like a full diaper in public?