LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Your Insight - Opening An Abdl Friendly Ebay Store

Hello! My name's Digi and I'm new here at dailydiapers.

I'm planning on opening an eBay store in the near future and I was wondering if within the community there was something that people simply couldn't find and would like to see sewn or created. I love working with soft fabrics, tons of ruffles, and a lot of lace. I find myself a little lost in creating the male category of outfits though and I definitely need advice there.

I'd like to create a line of cloth diapers, sun dresses, rompers, and a lot of other things in adult sizes. I'd just like advice on what people are really looking for and can't find regularly! What would you like to see?

One thing I've noticed in my tours around the internet is the lack of cute cloth diapers. Most of the cloth diapers you see are just plain white or a pastel color. Yet you can go into almost any fabric store, hell even walmart, and they have some fairly thick, nice looking flannel material. You could consider the possibility of sewing terry/flannel diapers that are in cute print fabrics. I'm sure many AB's and even some LG/LB's would enjoy the idea of cute cloth diapers. Coupled with a cute transparent plastic pant, that would make for a nice combo. I know the most popular plastic pant print is the "carousel" print in blue/pink pastel which has clowns and balloons and whatnot on it. The plastic is translucent, so perhaps a printed/designed fabric for the cloth diaper which could match the plastic pants at least color wise could work for you.

If you find a market for it, you might even be able to team up with one of the small companies who manufactures the plastic pants and sell directly to them later on.

Just a thought ;)

Pull-On cloth diapers are the hardest thing for me to find in "big" sizes. Living in the south giant bulky pin-on diapers are just too hot. But a good fitted cloth pull-on is perfect!

I am not quite the adult size. I'm the size of an older child--the size of a child that is approx around nine years of age; however, I'd like sleepers with snapsin the legs and crotch. I wear a medium in children's. All my sleepers zip up and don't have the snaps. It would really make life easier for my husban when it comes time to change my diaper if there were snaps. He helps me not because I'm engaging in the lifestyle. I truly need his help due to manual dexterity problems. And, I'm grateful for him. I know that my size is not a popular one: yet, I will be willing to pay for you to customize some sleepers. My husband learned how to fit snaps, as a townslady showed him; however,not to hurt is feelings, I'd like them professionally made. From what you say, it seems as though you could do that.

If you want to sell stuff on your own website in the future, I can give you some resources to help you get started with that. Tripod has site templates that will enable you to have a site up in minuts, and Google Checkout will enable you to sell products straight from your website. Paypal will also. you can integrate a shopping cart to sell items in just a few simple steps along with posting pictures of your merchandise.

You can consider this after you've grown a good customer base on EBay. This way, you'll have loyal customers coming to your site. EBay is a good place to start.

If you need to use keywords to bringmore visibility to your items, I'd strongly advise using keyword suggestion tools. The one provided by Word Tracker is a good one, as well as the one provided by Google Adwords. One thing I should let you know is that you do not have to sign up or creat an ad to use the adwords suggestion tool. All you have to do is type the keyword in the box and then click "get keyword ideas" button. Upon doing this, many suggestions will come up with statistics beside them.

Good luck in your endeavors. I hope that I've help you out.

Free Keyword Suggestion Tool From Wordtraker

www.freekeywords.wordtracker.com

Google Adwords Suggestion Tool

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Your idea sounds so cool! I've taken 3&4XL plastic pants to a seamstress to turn into rhumba pants. Not too many people make rhumba pants for us bigger LGs. I would love a pair of high-back cover-alls with inside-leg snap-fasteners to go with my one pair that was tailor made for me. I'd like a pink pair with bears and bunnies sewn on. Also lots of places make footed PJs but not PJs designed for people wearing thick diapers. I wear gauze prefold diapers, usually two during the day and three at night, so I need the extra room around the hips and between the legs. Wow! I hope you open soon! I'll be a good customer!

A lot of AB clothing is poorly made and doesn't look realistic at all...and the outfits that DO look realistic and are well made, are insanely expensive - I know, I know, you get what you pay for... But I've seen outfits for as high as $300! That's a little much...

I like it when clothes for bigger babies are modeled after the ones for tiny babies, with the same attention to quality and detail, and the same type reasonable price.

I know most chronological baby clothes are mass produced, and use less fabric, vs. the bigger baby clothes that are usually handmade and use more fabric...So naturally, I expect the price to be proportionate to the work and quality...However, most vendors that I've seen for bigger baby clothes/cloth diapers etc that cater specifically to those in the ABDL community charge too much for the quality of an item they produce.

As for what I'd like to see in terms of clothing, etc...

Footed sleepers that have a zipper protector (you know the little flap that covers up the zipper on chronological baby sleepers, so they wont get scratched by the zipper?) and snap crotch.

Good quality onesies...There's not many out there of good quality, at least not that I've found.

Chronological baby and children's shirts in big sizes! I've seen so many things with characters on them for chronological children...But on the ones that'd fit us, the character shirts etc are subtle and not nearly as fun as the others!

Really cute overalls. Like these! But with a snap crotch, of course ^_^

post-8891-1240656037_thumb.jpg

Booties and baby hats! Most vendors I've seen make their baby hats and booties unrealistic/too much like adult slippers. Here's a picture of basic booties that I'd like to see in a size that'd fit bigger babies (instead of the sock-like part being sock-like, though, I think it'd look better solid, but that's just my opinion).

Here's also a picture of a baby hat type I'd like to see, in different prints and stuff.

post-8891-1240656436_thumb.jpg

Sleep sacks. Privatina is the only one I know of who has these. (Privatina is in german, but on the left hand side of the screen if you scroll down, there's translation flags).

Privatina is also a good place to get ideas for quality, as it looks like Privatina's clothes are NOT poor quality in the least.

If you need advice on baby boy clothes, my advice would look up chronological baby clothes. They're usually a good bet for ideas. BUT, stay away from the "little adult" baby boy clothes - I've seen these types of clothes, which are basically a baby/toddler/child version of adult clothing. In big sizes, those are adult clothes...Not what's wanted. Here's a picture of what I mean.

post-8891-1240656581_thumb.jpg

I hope I helped!

~ moogle

post-8891-1240656037_thumb.jpg

post-8891-1240656436_thumb.jpg

post-8891-1240656581_thumb.jpg

Guest Baby Tiana

Well I am an LG girl. I guess what I would be looking for is things that really are like a little toddlers. Like those polo dresses with the fitted diapered cover built in, like you see for the Ralph Lauren polo dresses.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.j...rentPage=family

Some thing like this. Also nice simple onsies would be nice. I haven't seen nice ones like the actual baby ones. Here is an example.

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp...tSizeSelected=0

I would absolutely love soft diaper covers that were nice prints. Not just pastel but some vibrant colors. Kind of like what you actually see for little girls and baby girls. Just in larger sizes. I can wear kids clothes in large only shirts as I am not just a board when it comes to shape. However I am a lil short. So I guess what I would finally love to see from a AB store is clothes that an actual little kid would wear but in a larger size. So I guess you could also go to child stores like the gymboree, gap baby, and the children's place. They have wonderful clothes that I would love to wear but sadly I am not at all that size.

For the boys I would just do the search on the internet. Just look at what kid stores are selling and make some things like that. I mean I guess it would really give the whole effect of being an AB, LG, or LB. Or what ever else is out there.

I how ever am not big on ruffles to much. I like simple but cute. I love a little puff sleeves and peter pan collars. So hope it helps, but I kind of doubt this is. Maybe a little. I hope you open up the store and I would be willing to pay extra on some things if they had to be custom made.

Few questions. Would it be discreet shipping as I live at home still. Also is there lay away? Cause that could help a lot. But then if its like ebay I doubt it then. huh.

One thing. I found these amazing diapers. Would you be able to maybe sell them on your site? They are amazing!! Actually like diapers but bigger!! And the look like them and everything!! They are not the boring adult kind that has four tabs and all. So just wondering. Not sure if you would be able to. But if you did, I would so buy a ton!!

http://japancosme.com/en/products/id_7.html

Hope this helps. And thank you very much.

Tia

I absolutely LOVE the polo dresses, those will definitely be something I'll try to put in my inventory. Right now I'm working on a vibrant colored outfit similar to that with a pleated skirt and appliques sewn onto the crotch area. I'll post pictures when I finish it, I'm very excited about how it will turn out!

I'm also really glad that someone mentioned booties and I wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in hand knit adult sized hats made from baby yarn with pom-poms on the top? I've got a baby nephew that I've made hats for in the style and I think they would be adorable in larger sizes as well.

Thank you everyone for your interest, I want to create a place that people of any size can find the outfits that they really want. Oh! And, packaging with be entirely discreet! :)

I'm also really glad that someone mentioned booties and I wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in hand knit adult sized hats made from baby yarn with pom-poms on the top? I've got a baby nephew that I've made hats for in the style and I think they would be adorable in larger sizes as well.

I'd like those! Except in my case, I wouldn't want pom-poms.

~ moogle

In a lot of threads/topics on several ABDL sites potential customers are seeking adult Onesies that fit correctly and continue to fit for a long time.

Be aware that Gerber owns the trade mark for "Onesies" and traditionally they are overly-protective, meaning they take a dim view of others using the term. Still, we all do because it describes what we mean.

Consider that it is easier to work the crotch snaps on Onesies, rompers and so on if instead of the snaps being that the bottom of the crotch, they are closer to the waist. This means the back flap needs to be long enough, but it also allows adjustment in the placement of the snaps to keep the garment correctly holding the diaper snug.

Best wishes on your venture, Digi!

I second what the always brilliant Angela said; Gerber FIERCELY protects their copyrights, and there are jerks in our own fetish-world who will turn you in (competitors mainly.) Call 'em snappies, or diaper-shirts or something else not protected.

I also prefer the front-snap style. Between the legs is great for infants as Mom does all the work, but us big babies need to be self-serviceable :)

Daily, actually even with tiny infants it is a lot better to put the snaps closer to the waist.

On the trademark and copyright issue, it is not just Gerber with a building full of good attorneys. Circa 1992 a woman near Boston ran a big baby clothing company. She had the bright idea of buying cloth from a store printed with Walt Disney characters. She immediate used that cloth to make adult baby garments. Right after that she made ads using drawings of the Disney characters. Within a couple of days the Disney legal department sent her a stern warning, hand delivered by a team of investigators. Instead of backing down this woman decided to fight Disney.

Of course she tried to hire a Boston copyright attorney. All the experienced ones had in the past worked for Disney so they had to refuse the case. The woman did not understand that buying the cloth did not grant her a license to use it in a product for sale. Ultimately that woman lost her home and all her savings, since Disney won damages and cost of legal fees.

Besides Disney and Gerber, remember that most other owners of popular characters also have experience intellectual property attorneys on staff or on retainer. As a small business finding an experience attorney to take the case is problematic. My advice is to pay attention to warning letters. Carefully consider the downside consequences should the copyright owner win the action.

Pampers Pete,

Are you familiar with the context of the "First let's kill the lawyers" quote? Actually the Bard loved lawyers, because they protected his plays from being performed without payment to him.

How would you feel if you and your family worked very hard for years to build something. Then a stranger came and took it away. Would you just think that was okay and let it go? Or would you want your property back?

Since I assume you dislike me because I earn my living as an attorney, do you think I should just go away? Or is it best to provide a warning that using trademarks and copyrights without permission is wrong. Doing that when the owners are firms such as Gerber and Disney is insane. Neither firm has ever lost such a legal action as I discussed previously.

Angela is right. That's why you never see me using Disney Characters and this site isn't called DailyPampers. We even got a Cease and Desist (SP?) from an enema-nozzle maker because someone had described the improper use of their product in a story.

And as a writer of original content, photographer and designer I respect copyrights and trademarks as I expect mine to be respected.

Sincerely

DailyDiapers

Pampers Pete,

Are you familiar with the context of the "First let's kill the lawyers" quote? Actually the Bard loved lawyers, because they protected his plays from being performed without payment to him.

How would you feel if you and your family worked very hard for years to build something. Then a stranger came and took it away. Would you just think that was okay and let it go? Or would you want your property back?

Since I assume you dislike me because I earn my living as an attorney, do you think I should just go away? Or is it best to provide a warning that using trademarks and copyrights without permission is wrong. Doing that when the owners are firms such as Gerber and Disney is insane. Neither firm has ever lost such a legal action as I discussed previously.

Angela,I meant no disrespect to you personally. I am quite familiar with the context in which Shakespeare talked about"killing all the lawyers". My reply was more jest than anything. You're a lawyer. I'm a D.A.(Devil's Advocate). It's the same thing. I look at the world from a VERY cynical standpoint. If Disney or Gerber does not want me to"infringe"on their trademarks,then so be it. If I created a product and got free advertisement from it,I'd be pretty happy. Afterall,there's no such thing as a bad endorsement. Like someone else on the boards here said one time,take what I say with a grain of salt.

Back on topic. Miss Paperdoll, we have LOTS of talented and very original artists in this community, many of whom draw anthropomorphic animals. Perhaps it would be nifty if you commissioned one or two of them to draw original baby animals for your clothing lines, this having something completely original and usable without worrying about legality.

I think it is bs, it is not like Disney would ever create adult baby clothes, so they are not loosing money, in fact because they had to license for the fabric being made they are making money from the person buying it and making products.

Another bs example of power hungry companies is IBM, anything you build or design while working for them, even if it has nothing to do with your job with them is their property and you sign a contract to this affect. Sorry but I'm kind of sick of these big companies thinking that they can control everything in the market.

So then my Disney Plastic pants I got a few years back, would have been pushing the law as well, I wondered why they were only available for such a short time ;) I got a "classic" pair then..Whoo Hoo..!!