LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Airport Interaction

I don't think you can restrict anyone from use of a public bathroom unless it's based on sex. IMO family restrooms and handicapped stalls are fair game. Oh, and, no I don't park in handicapped parking spaces. I DO however think that there are too many permits given, it's pretty rare that I see a physically disabled person (crutches/wheel chair/ etc) parking in those spaces, mostly it's elderly, and fat people.

Just because someone has a disabled parking permit and they don't look disabled doesn't mean they aren't disabled. They could have a chronic illness or a terminal illness and that can make you disabled.

There are hidden disabilities that make you psychially disabled just like there are hidden disabilities in people such as Aspergers, dyslexia, ADHD, any other types of learning disabilities.

This information is for everyone to hear, not the person above my reply.

Gigantic congratulations to you, Mr Sea Otter.... I only wish I was there to see that mans face.

Just because someone has a disabled parking permit and they don't look disabled doesn't mean they aren't disabled

... and to you Spokane Girl, I am 100% behind you on this.

I am incontinent, and in a hospital, had a person in a wheelchair chastise me for using a disabled bathroom.

If you can use a normal bathroom, then do so - and I do when changing a wet diaper, but a soiled diaper needs so much time and space to change, I can't do it properly in a small bathroom stall. Also, at times, my lower back spasms, and at times I can't even do that. Nom I don't have a Parking Permit, and I am not registered as disabled - to do so would cause to many questions - but I still use disabled / family bathrooms to change. The last time a woman gave out to me on entering a disabled bathroom, she was a RGN, I asked her to join me and assist me. She was dumbstruck, but still changed me.

Just because someone has a disabled parking permit and they don't look disabled doesn't mean they aren't disabled. They could have a chronic illness or a terminal illness and that can make you disabled.

There are hidden disabilities that make you psychially disabled just like there are hidden disabilities in people such as Aspergers, dyslexia, ADHD, any other types of learning disabilities.

This information is for everyone to hear, not the person above my reply.

That is so true! People could have a brain injury and get dizzy spells, vertigo or even have problems with a foot or ankle that you can't tell just by looking at them. What really gets me is when I take my 85 year old dad to a store and see cars parked in the handicapt spaces when they don't have any handicapt permits on their mirrors or license plate. If we somehow forget the permit, I'll drop my dad off at the door and park in a regular space. I'd never think of parking in a handicapt space without our permit even though my dad does have a permit.

In ohio, the rules for disabled parking are:

1. Cannot walk two hundred feet without stopping to rest.

2. Cannot walk without the use of or assistance from a brace,

cane, crutch, another person, prosthetic device, wheelchair or

other assistive device.

3. Is restricted by lung disease to such an extent that the

person’s forced (respiratory) expiratory volume for one

second, when measured by spirometry, is less than one liter,

or the arterial oxygen tension is less than sixty millimeters of

mercury on room air at rest.

4. Uses portable oxygen.

5. Has a cardiac condition to the extent that the person’s

functional limitations are classified in severity as Class III or

Class IV according to standards set by the American Heart

Association.

6. Is severely limited in the ability to walk due to an arthritic,

neurological, or orthopedic condition.

7. Is blind.

you then have to have a detailed perscription from a doctor.

I got one for my aunt when she was sick with cancer, cause she could not walk that far with out help, nor did we want her to walk that far in the first place. She also could not turn and squeeze out of the car if somebody parked close to us. I was careful to use it only when needed.....

If we went to her chemo appointements, I would park in the handicapped spot, get her settled in and then go move the car, we would be there all day anyway. When we went to wal-mart or down on campus to get her pills, we parked in the handicapped spots as i did not leave her side for anything there.

I worked with somebody at wal-mart, who obviously was handicapped, he was in a wheel chair, but never used his permit. I did not even know he had one till we went some place in his car and he pulled into a spot and hung it on the mirror. When at work he just selected a parking spot that was a little wider in the employee parking off to the side of the building and that is where he alwasy parked.

I assume a blind person rides in the car and the person who drives uses the handicap parking permit when they are with.

looking at the maps for the T1 check in area, I can only see toilets, and then the disabled & baby change rooms next to each other.

It would be a nice thing, but sadly expect you miss read, especially as the term 'diaper' isn't used in the UK. And they wouldn't use 'nappy' when refering to an adult product either I suspect.

'Adult change' is the phrase that's normally used to describe adult diaper changing facilities in Britain. They are starting to crop up here and there, particularly newly built/renovated places that handle large amounts of people. For example, the new Liverpool One shopping development - I haven't been there but was browsing their website a minute ago looking for something else and I came across this:

http://www.liverpool-one.com/website/toilets.aspx

One would assume that like the regular disabled toilet (AKA family restroom in American parlance) they require a RADAR key and so aren't available to just anybody but such facilities are starting to become more common.

while i have only been on an airplane a few times, and never went diapered if i was ever in a situation where i was confronted by some rude person whom i didnt know i would just say something along the lines of what business is it of yours, or it doesn't involve you so just leave me alone depending on what they said, and might even be just as rude as they were to me to them. of course its always better to avoid bad situations or situations that could turn bad if possible, and also if some1 were to make the situation bad for you im not sure threatening to sue them or using the ADA would help, but if it really applies to you then use it as much as you want to.

while i have only been on an airplane a few times and never went diapered if i was ever in a situation where i was confronted by some rude person whom i dint know i would just say something along the lines of what business is it of yours or it doesnt involve you so just leave me alone depending on what they said, and might even be just as rude as they were to me to them, and of course try to get away as easily as possible with as little said as possible because some1 should not need to bring up something such as threats like ill sue ya just to get some rude dude off you, the number one thing is that in some states while if you get attacked by some1 they would get in trouble they do take what is said into consideration what something happens, their mindset on the matter is that its only defending yourself if they attacked you with no reason and being offended by something you said to them qualifies as a reason for attacking you.

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

I really try not to be a grammar nazi who nitpicks every little mistake and typo on the board, but the post above just begs for attention. RandomDL, since you took the time to write all that, I assume you wanted others to read it. If so, then you should at least put forth an effort to make it readable. As it is, you're giving your audience a headache!

Here's a hint: A period is not used to end a paragraph. A period is used to end a sentence--the expression of a single thought or, sparingly, two or three thoughts strung together with conjunctions.

I'm not telling you this to put you down nor attack you nor make you feel bad. I'm doing it for your own good, man! In this society, if you want to succeed at anything--career, relationships, friendships--communication is vitally important. Being able to write well is a key part of that. I don't know what you do for a living, but let's say you're the world's best computer repair guy. If you wrote a paragraph like the one above in an interview, I wouldn't care how fast you could fix a PC, I still wouldn't hire you.

Lord, where have all the good English teachers gone? Is our children not be learning gooderer?

• Like 1

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

I really try not to be a grammar nazi who nitpicks every little mistake and typo on the board, but the post above just begs for attention. RandomDL, since you took the time to write all that, I assume you wanted others to read it. If so, then you should at least put forth an effort to make it readable. As it is, you're giving your audience a headache!

Here's a hint: A period is not used to end a paragraph. A period is used to end a sentence--the expression of a single thought or, sparingly, two or three thoughts strung together with conjunctions.

I'm not telling you this to put you down nor attack you nor make you feel bad. I'm doing it for your own good, man! In this society, if you want to succeed at anything--career, relationships, friendships--communication is vitally important. Being able to write well is a key part of that. I don't know what you do for a living, but let's say you're the world's best computer repair guy. If you wrote a paragraph like the one above in an interview, I wouldn't care how fast you could fix a PC, I still wouldn't hire you.

Lord, where have all the good English teachers gone? Is our children not be learning gooderer?

sorry about that, grammar just isn't an important thing to me, if it were something i actually cared about i would have spent longer on typing and actually used punctuation instead of letting it be a run on sentence i will fix it.

If I were a teacher, I'd have no problem with my students passing notes in class so long as they were using proper spelling and grammar. There's no use in teaching anyone anything if they can't utilise it properly to suit their communications needs.

Furthermore, text messaging is a significant factor in the pollution of our youth. Come has become 'cum' and you're, and your have become 'ur' . . . and people think they're so fucking cool for shortening words. .

the thing with shortening words is usually not that its "cool" or that people think its cool its just that if you can cut down on the amount of letters in a text message and people know what you are saying then its not a problem and you can text quicker and easier. as for run on sentences people do that because they dont care to go through and look at what they wrote or typed, they just do it as fast as possible. also im 1 probably 1 of the laziest people u will probably ever meet, because when it comes to something i dont wanna do i just wont do it.

I either use a family restroom or the larger restroom in normal bathrooms. I actually wish they had unisex bathrooms more available. Because changing in a stall with a bunch of men around is usually embaressing. Especially when I went to that massive hunting and camping store (3 floors, they had everything) and me being the only tall punkish kid in there made me feel very low. I think I'm too paranoid about bathrooms. For some reason I feel that if I changed my diaper in the women's restroom then I would be more "accepted" lol. Just because they wear pads and all that stuff.

For some reason I feel that if I changed my diaper in the women's restroom then I would be more "accepted" lol. Just because they wear pads and all that stuff.

if a tall punkish boy walked into the women's restroom to change his diaper, i'm pretty sure you would NOT be accepted!!! more like thrown out and labeled a perv!!! lol

and sides pads are NOTHING like diapers... ew ew ew.. dont make me equate pads to diapers, that takes all the fun out of diapers!

I've never use a family bathroom. Like Angela, I've been doing this long enough that changing in regular stalls and other

tight places is something I'm quite familiar with. I can agree with the lack of trash cans issue. I had a similar problem

at Wal*Mart once. If I'd carried a diaper bag in, I would have been OK, but all I had was wipes and a diaper with me when

I went in, so I'm carrying this folded up dirty diaper out into the store to find a place to chuck it (fortunately the McD's right

by the restrooms has plenty of cans).

The only Airport story I had was one time I put my carry on bag which consisted entirely of diapers (that's the one thing

I didn't want to be caught without at the destination) into the x-ray. I don't know what diapers look like on the screen,

but the girl running the machine gave me a sly smile as my bag went through.

I don't understand what the issue is changing in a regular stall. I have changed my diaper in a regular stall.

so have i but if you use the family/handicapped restrooms you have more privacy than the regular stalls

though like once i was at the movies and had to change my diaper well it was a pullup that day and thank god for the lock but you have more people trying to walk in there even though you see the door closed people will still try and get in

yea i agree txt spk 1337 g4r84g3 and scentances without adequate punctuation are a pain in the back side alng wiv por splng amd nis topes.........

However, you have to see that these things are going to become more and more common.

I do my best to make what I write readable, but that said, when I have something I want to say and don't have much time I will just write it without giving a thought to the presentation.

If I take the time to present what I write correctly it takes almost twice as long as just writing it, and frankly I would be disappointed if someone who actually has a decent brain in their head was not able to understand the meaning of even the most poorly punctuated and/or spelt block of text.

Sure it isn't as easy as when it is properly presented, but if the reader is interested in what has been said then how it is written should not be an issue.

sorry for the totally off topic rant.

I don't fly and I don't use the disabled bathrooms, but kudos to otter that was the perfect response.

I have no trouble changing even a messy nappy in a regular toilet and have done it on many an occasion, and I don't worry about disposal, I just ball it up with the wipes and simply throw it in whatever bin is available.

I've never use a family bathroom. Like Angela, I've been doing this long enough that changing in regular stalls and other

tight places is something I'm quite familiar with. I can agree with the lack of trash cans issue. I had a similar problem

at Wal*Mart once. If I'd carried a diaper bag in, I would have been OK, but all I had was wipes and a diaper with me when

I went in, so I'm carrying this folded up dirty diaper out into the store to find a place to chuck it (fortunately the McD's right

by the restrooms has plenty of cans).

The only Airport story I had was one time I put my carry on bag which consisted entirely of diapers (that's the one thing

I didn't want to be caught without at the destination) into the x-ray. I don't know what diapers look like on the screen,

but the girl running the machine gave me a sly smile as my bag went through.

When I went to the east coast recently from Seattle, I used my son's bag for a carry on. I forgot to thoroughly check it and just glanced to see if it was empty, I loaded my diapers, wipes, plastic pants, powder and rash creams, along with my few other toiletries and when we proceeded up to the scanning machine they slid my bag through and then that tray with everything in your pockets in it. When I got to the other side they come along and ask if that is my bag and I say yah. They ask me if I have any bullets in it and I say no, not that I know of, why? they than say they think they found one and take me over to search it.

So I have this Lady TSA with plastic gloves on open my bag and start carefully going through all these diapers and things in my bag as I tell the other 2 guards it is my medical bag. I am telling them that it was my son's hunting bag that I borrowed as mine was ripped. Anyway pretty quick this Lady comes up with a rifle shell and sets in on the table in front of me and the other two guards. They ask if it is mine and I go to pick it up and look at the end to see if it is a 7mm-08 or an 30-06. The guard grabs it from me and says don't touch it. So I say it is a 7mm-08 right he looks and says yep. I told him it was from my son's elk rifle.

So we talk for a while and he says he has to call the Seattle cops and have an officer come out. All the while my diaper bag is fully open and people are looking at what is going on and slowly walking by. After about 20 minutes the cop comes looks at my drivers license calls it in and says to the TSA people You called me out here for one bullet, one God Damn bullet why didn't you just chuck it and let this go. Then he gives me back my license and asks if it is ok to just dispose of the shell and I say ya.

He says I can go and the TSA Lady then tells me to go through my diaper bag and make sure I had everything and sign this form. My wife and son all the while standing there waiting to see if we can go.

Talk about being exposed. It is a good thing i didn't have my bottle in that bag.

Was this at seatac? I last flew out of there in Feb, and it was the longest security line I'd ever been in!

Yep sure was... and I Know I was soaked by the time I got through it after that delay...