LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How To Keep Ur Baby Wipes Wet?

kazubb

Another good question: We use Pampers baby wipes, but they keep drying out. Or rather the top few wipes dry out. Does anyone know any secrets to keep them wet longer? We use the ones in the plastic tub.

Guest Juni's Cute Baby Lucy

stop using the plastic tub... just use the stick bit on the disposable packet... unless there's a long time between uses it should be fine...

If you can get in the tub, just flip the whole wad of wipes over every other time you use them. You can also add a little bit of water to the tub if you find them drying out. It will dilute them a bit but not enough to make any big difference. It's the water that's evaporating not the other ingredients.

Trevor

I was going to say flip the stack over too...but more over I have had a opened tub in a certain room for months and it never dried out..I would insure that when you close the lid to insure the next one that fed to the top pull thing isn't blocking the lid from a true seal..and also make sure that the lid snapped shut in the first place.

You know the oval-shaped lid that flips open to let you pull the wipes out? Just keep it closed! Only open it when you're actually pulling a wipe out of the container; then close it up again. Also, don't use the knock-off brands. Only spend your money on brand-name items.

I always keep the lid closed when not using them, but it doesn't really form a perfect air tight seal or anything and they seem to dry out over time.

Well, shit....don't know what to tell you...maybe I have better luck with that simply because I live in a city surrounded on three sides by water, therefore the higher ambient humidity is higher here than where you live....???

• 11 months later...

I put my wipes in a zip lock type bag, and push the air out when I reseal them, get the bags with the zip on it they close easyer.

I use baby wipes to clean my hands when I'm out. I'm a wheelchair user and they get very dirty from my pushrims/wheels. I keep some in a ziplock bag too like you said. I find that tey stay moist longer than the ones left in the plastic tub.

Try buying the ones in the plastic bags (the refill packs) and keep some to use in a ziplock bag. That way they wont dry out so fast.

I always keep the lid closed when not using them, but it doesn't really form a perfect air tight seal or anything and they seem to dry out over time.

Here's an old painter's trick :huh: Store the container upside down- that way no evaporation loss can occur even though evaporation may still be present ;) I don't know for sure if it will work with wipes but it should since the principle of evaporation is the same: Moisture evaporates upward, and since there's no lack of sealing at the 'top' of an upside down container, any moisture that leaves the product will stay in the container so long as the 'bottom' (where the lid now is) is liquid-tight; it need not be air-tight now :thumbsup: Turn the container right-side-up some time before you use it and the contents will re-combine :)

Like I said, I don't know if it will work with wipes or how long you'd need to give them to recombine the contents, maybe someone here can figure that out and become the next "Internet Hero" by sharing the solution to a common problem with wipe users worldwide B) Just give me a cut of the profit if you make any- I promise to spend it on diapers :whistling:

Bettypooh

Here's an old painter's trick :huh: Store the container upside down- that way no evaporation loss can occur even though evaporation may still be present ;) I don't know for sure if it will work with wipes but it should since the principle of evaporation is the same: Moisture evaporates upward, and since there's no lack of sealing at the 'top' of an upside down container, any moisture that leaves the product will stay in the container so long as the 'bottom' (where the lid now is) is liquid-tight; it need not be air-tight now :thumbsup: Turn the container right-side-up some time before you use it and the contents will re-combine :)

Like I said, I don't know if it will work with wipes or how long you'd need to give them to recombine the contents, maybe someone here can figure that out and become the next "Internet Hero" by sharing the solution to a common problem with wipe users worldwide B) Just give me a cut of the profit if you make any- I promise to spend it on diapers :whistling:

Bettypooh

That is a really good idea! I'm trying to think of other things I could do that with! I want to try it with all kinds of things now. See what you've started lol... :thumbsup:

That is a really good idea! I'm trying to think of other things I could do that with! I want to try it with all kinds of things now. See what you've started lol... :thumbsup:

I've got a lifetime's experience starting things-

then getting out of the way before the poop hits the fan :roflmao:

Bettypooh

• 1 month later...
Guest Baby Tiana

I put my wipes in a zip lock type bag, and push the air out when I reseal them, get the bags with the zip on it they close easyer.

That's what i do! They stay dry for weeks....sometimes months. Of course that depends on whether or not they are exposed to a lot of light or in complete darkness. I find they last much longer if you put them in a dark place, along with squeezing the air out.

We have used both Pampers wipes and Huggies wipes and have never had a problem with them drying out. I have sometimes flipped them over so that they do stay moist but we go through them fast enough that it is not usually a problem with them drying out.