LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And Air Travel

My thanks to those who responded about locating diapers in SF while on my trip. Success!! Now I have an additional question. I am wondering if anyone has traveled via air with adult diapers on and if so, were there any issues at the security checks? I am thinking about packing diapers in a carry-on bag, and changing into them after security. Or even wearing them through security with a change in my bag. Has anyone been subjected to TSA pulling them out and asking about them? Or worse, sequestered and asked? Guess I am nervous as 'you-know-what'. But I want to start my days and nights in them as soon as possible. Great site, I appreciate all the suggestions. DLmale56/mbs80

Last year, I traveled one-way from Chicago to NC. After many flight delays and smoke breaks over 24 hours, I went through security 4 times. Every time I was subjected to a "random" secondary check (meaning a full pat down and bag search. I was not wearing at anytime, but I did have disposable diapers and a pair of plastic pants in my carry on. Nothing was said at anytime.

Put your mind at ease; it's highly unlikely that the TSA folks would even say a word about diapers in a carry-on or being worn, and they wouldn't pull them out and embarrass you. They've seen all kinds of things go through there and diapers are the least of their concerns. I have travelled by air at least once every couple of months lately and always have a couple of diapers in my backpack. Sometimes I put one on before going to the airport, which means wearing it through security, and I've never had so much as a second glance. More often, though, I'll just wait and put one on in the restroom before boarding the plane. I have wondered what the guy in the stall next to me thought when he undoubtedly heard me unfasten the tapes in a very quiet restroom in the Cincinnati airport!

MBS80: I think you'll be fine. I've worn before with no problem. Just keep the box cutters and guns out of your pants......Many people travel who use diapers; and I would immediately report any moron Transportation Safety Officer that might call you out on it.

Don't worry about it - it's more than their job's worth to say anything out of line. TSA screeners have an incredibly high turnover rate (around 16.5% p/a according to this) which suggests that their bosses are very quick to hire and fire, especially with an ever growing list of people who'd jump at the chance of a 'secure' government job. Most of the staff probably wouldn't dare say a word out of line for fear it would be their last day in that job.

As for having your diaper-filled carry-on bag searched by TSA, I've had that. It was a non-event except that they swiped the inside of my bag with their 'ACME Bomb Detector Swab' thingy. The stupid probulation with the wand thing took longer and was more annoying than the screener picking through my diapers.

I am a frequent flier and travel at least monthly. At my hometown airport, I usually just wear Goodnites Boxers, since usually when I am going through security I recognize somebody and vice-verse. However, when going through security somewhere else, I diaper up ahead of time. As my name suggests, I am usually thickly diapered. Usually on longer flights (over 5 hours) I wear at least 6 Depends/Assurance diapers, and have extras in my carry-on and laptop bags.

NOBODY hase ever said anything in all of my travels. There is nothing better than not having to worry about having an accident or holding it in when the seatbelt sign stays on for a long time. You can just go in your diaper and "sit back and relax..." ;)

Do not worry! I travel all the time...3 cities a week fairly frequently. If I fly I am usually diapered to avoid restroom headaches (clogged johns, turbulence based seat belt signs, lines, etc.). It is the only way to go imho. I carry spares in my carry on luggage with no issues even if inspected. The folks above are right, TSA folks are mostly trying to be professional. I sometimes go through diapered including pins and/or with snap plastic pants on. I have never set the alarms off...measurement is based on a threshold of metal. I have gotten the dread SSSS on my boarding pass requiring the hand wand and frisk when wearing the snap-on pants a few times. One time with jeans and there was no notice as there were rivets rigt by the snaps. The other time I had to say something and basically pulled up my shirt exposing the top of the pants and snaps. No comment was made back-all very professional. I have had a few checks of the carry on bags where they were a bit less than discrete with the contents and the search but unless you are travelling in a group that would probably not be a problem. Just ask them to not pile all you diapers out for all to see (and they will be discret e if you ask).

Oh yeah, changing on board requires some thought as a male unless you want to walk down the aisle with your spare and wipes in hand ;) so I usually have a coat or fleece sweater with pockets on or available where I conveniently locate a spare diaper and a packet of wipes. No one thinks about a person with sweater going to the restroom. If you carry a small bag or backpack as a guy to the restroom, that may get a few raised eyebrows. A women probably has lees of an issue as handbags usually go with them. I have spilled a few spares from my bag one time while I was getting up to go to the rest room. Pretty interesting expression from my seatmate but no words. P_P

I had a friend that want thru the new scanners at the Phoenix airport (the ones with the whole body image). Once they saw it they just passed him thru no questions asked :D

I had a friend that want thru the new scanners at the Phoenix airport (the ones with the whole body image). Once they saw it they just passed him thru no questions asked :D

Pity they can't see the design (it's just outlines, isn't it?). The temptation to grab a Sharpie and write "Yeah, it's a diaper, what you gonna say about it?" on the butt then walk through would be just too strong :lol:

Pity they can't see the design (it's just outlines, isn't it?). The temptation to grab a Sharpie and write "Yeah, it's a diaper, what you gonna say about it?" on the butt then walk through would be just too strong :lol:

Use a silver or gold pen. It should have enough metallic content to make the x-ray image visible.

I have flown wearing a diaper and had diapers in my carry on multiple times. I've only been patted down once while wearing a diaper and no one has ever said anything. Changing a diaper on board is interesting--very cramped. To my knowledge, no one has ever seen me take a diaper out of my carry on to change. If they did, I wouldn't have cared.

I've flown plenty while wearing/carrying diapers. My bag has been searched and nothing was ever said and I couldn't detect any sort of facial recognition by the screener. One time, however, I was in a foreign country and had to pass through security with diapers in my bag. They pulled the bag aside and searched it and the woman asked me what they, the diapers, were. I don't know why I just didn't say they were diapers. Instead I told her that I was incontinent, which, she didn't understand (all of this in foreign language) to which I basically replied, completely flustered, "I go pee-pee" in the foreign language. I think by that time she realized what the diapers were and let me continue on my way.

I think there is something about the shape of diapers viewed through the x-ray that peaks the interest of screeners because I seem to have my bag checked quite often.

• 2 months later...

I fly 5-6 several times a year and the first time I decided to travel with diapers (wearing and in my carry-on) was the only time I have been subjected to a bag check. My bag was grabbed and they asked me for permission to look through it. I complied (not like I really had a choice). She proceeded to open my bag and then sifted through the diapers (3 Abena and 3 bambinos if I recall). She gave me a quick glance up and down (probably to confirm my diapered state). Finally, she closed my bag and wished me a nice day. I was petrified at the time, but after experiencing it, I am not afraid of diapers and TSA at all any more. They are professional and probably see weirder things.

3 bambinos

WOW! While I have no qualms about wearing a diaper through security or having them in my carry-on, I'm not sure I'd bring ABDL diapers that say "BABY" in little block designs all over them. That's sure to get you an odd look if your bag is searched, as yours was. They make the Biancos for a reason, people! :lol: