LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do We Need Additional Abdl Sites And Groups?

This afternoon I received an invitation from the owner or moderator of still another diaper-related website/group. The messaged said I had been highly recommended by an established member. That woman has been communicating with me for about a week, meaning she is one of my new friends. She has a blog she actually updated and seems very nice.

When I used the link contained in the invitation to join I expected the fact I had been invited meant I had been accepted. Instead I was asked to go through an extensive registration process. That site has a FAQ section dealing only with some of their policies. The rest are in another FAQ section that was not functioning currently because of server problems. One policy I could read is that they do permit members under 18 years of age. True, people under 18 do have bowel and bladder problems. People under 18 do have attractions to diapers. Unfortunately regulatory agencies in the USA take a dim view of adults and minor children communicating about sensitive issues, namely diapers.

Despite my ill feelings I attempted to register. The process appeared to accept my username. Then after it let me fill out the entire form, it kept bouncing it back as if it rejected my password. Frankly having done my minor in computer science back in the early 1980s and having been the lead litigation attorney on many complicated legal cases dealing with secure communication I believe I know how to construct effective passwords. Frankly I do not care about the opinion of some stranger owning a website with a defective server as to my own password.

How does the huge and experienced membership here at Daily Diapers feel about all this?

Am I just being an ossified pretentious prig about this whole password issue?

I think between here, ABKingdom, Wetset and a handful of others we really don't need any more groups; but there are always going to be new ones that come and go by people who want to have control over things... until they find out how much controlling a real site costs lol. I generally wait until a site lasts more than a few months before I join as most don't make it out of their free month of hosting before they find out they really need a $300+ a month server to run a real community.

The password thing: kinda silly. How secure does a fetish site login need to me, we're not handling our banking here - unless you count the nigerian princes.

I like there to be more groups because I like there to be more options and variety regarding groups and there being more places to go to entertain myself. It is true that having minors is a problem because government and laws make it a problem and the U.S. has always been good about pushing stupid laws.

i think its important to remember while "we" may not need or require additional ab/dl sites to fullfill our individual needs, perhaps some people need to create a site so they can express their own opinoins and desires in a completely accepted community, since they in essense built the community.

Many people start a site because they feel other sites don't provide what they need, and for many, just in building the site and keeping it going for a few months is enough to fulfill the need in them.

I have no problem with others creating sites, both ab/dl or for other things, as long as that person does not suddenly decide everything posted on their site is adequate or correct information. Its important to remember when creating a site, the information you chose to put there is going to be biased by your own thoughts and stereotypes, so to say "i'm providing a definition of what ab/dl is" is not accurate, they are instead providing a definition of what ab/dl is to THEM.

so i say, let them have their sites, and if you dont need them, just dont go to them.

I really, really enjoy ADISC.org It has been my lil' net home for quite a while.... especially because it allows those under 18, and I just turned 18 last August. :) (Which I'm assuming is the site you're talking about, Angela, since you just joined there?)

The thing with ADISC... the registration process is relatively easy, but it's more secure than Daily Diapers, but certainly not as secure as say, Bunny Acres. Background chekcs are done on all new members, mainly to make sure the registrant is not lying about their age.

There are a lot of sites that come and go.... and a lot of abdl site that aren't needed... but it's all about opinion and where you feel most comfortable.

Despite my ill feelings I attempted to register. The process appeared to accept my username. Then after it let me fill out the entire form, it kept bouncing it back as if it rejected my password. Frankly having done my minor in computer science back in the early 1980s and having been the lead litigation attorney on many complicated legal cases dealing with secure communication I believe I know how to construct effective passwords. Frankly I do not care about the opinion of some stranger owning a website with a defective server as to my own password.

How does the huge and experienced membership here at Daily Diapers feel about all this?

Am I just being an ossified pretentious prig about this whole password issue?

As a web developer I can tell you most users problems are a result of captcha reading (those squigly letters) and bad web design. For instance when you got bounced back was there a message about "this password requires one number, one letter, and one special character" or something like that. Usually it is web programming or out of the box programming that the site owner doesn't know how to tweak.

As far as too many sites go I think there should be one other site in this diaper space - a location based, party planning site. I have too many sites I build so I don't have time, but I can see our community coming together with such a site. Anyone want to build it?

SDB

I don't think it really matters how many sites there are out there........can there really be too many? Personally, I only belong to this one......it meets my needs, and I don't have time to sit around posting on lots of different sites anyway. However, others may have the time and enjoy belonging to different sites.

Variety is the spice of life!!

Beth

I personally don't see this thread talking about new community's based on the first post this is more about a site that sounds fishy.

I personally wouldn't entertain a site that has way too much required fields to fill in when I register. All that should be required is your username, email, password everything else should be optional.

as for do we need new communites, I cannot comment on that since I created mine two months ago. seska-crib.com

I think between here, ABKingdom, Wetset and a handful of others we really don't need any more groups; but there are always going to be new ones that come and go by people who want to have control over things... until they find out how much controlling a real site costs lol. I generally wait until a site lasts more than a few months before I join as most don't make it out of their free month of hosting before they find out they really need a $300+ a month server to run a real community.
eh?, so your saying a site that costs $10 a month isn't a real site? I'm sorry the cost of a site shouldn't come into the facter of how "real" a site is, it should be based on content, design and if it's a community how active it is.

There's plenty enough ABDL sites already-but that never stops someone from adding another :lol: I lurked on a bunch of them for about a year before settling down here and here only. Everything you could want is out ther now-Mommys, Daddys, Babysitters, Sissys, Abys ISO-, Photos, Vids, sex in all flavors, Incontinence in all flavors. There's info on the causes, how to come out, products, clothing, futniture, and web history, :D There's forums on every topic and in general :rolleyes: and this is just the free stuff- there's just as much more if you like paying for it :P

On the password thing, I like a secure password, but for non-financial stuff 10 characters that allows numbers and symbols is quite enough B) If someone's out to crack your password there is plenty of software availlable that can do it in seconds or less no matter how good it is :( That is why I never put anything on my online computer which I can't have become public knowledge ;) Yeah, there's stuff like this that I don't want to be made public, but I could handle it if it did- no big deal ^_^ The only secure computer is one that is never hooked to anything outside itself period- and even then somebody could steal it or access it onsite :angry: Follow the "stand alone" rule and no extreme passwords are necessary- don't follow it at your own peril :ninja:

Bettypooh

I personally don't see this thread talking about new community's based on the first post this is more about a site that sounds fishy.

I personally wouldn't entertain a site that has way too much required fields to fill in when I register. All that should be required is your username, email, password everything else should be optional.

as for do we need new communites, I cannot comment on that since I created mine two months ago. seska-crib.com

eh?, so your saying a site that costs $10 a month isn't a real site? I'm sorry the cost of a site shouldn't come into the facter of how "real" a site is, it should be based on content, design and if it's a community how active it is.

With bandwidth, a $10 month site won't do much for hosting a community site. It'll work well for personal or information sites, but not much more than that.

Didn't mean to imply $10 hosted sites aren't "real." Not what I meant. What I meant was that those discount hosts kick you off when you reach a certain level of resource use (even if they claim to be 'unlimited.') and you are forced to move to a virtual server, then a real server, then a high-end server. Been there, done it.

With bandwidth, a $10 month site won't do much for hosting a community site. It'll work well for personal or information sites, but not much more than that.
I disagree i've used hostin packages in the past were it works quite well.
Guest Pizaz

As the saying goes, variety is the spice of life.

A poorly designed site won't attract as many users as a well-designed one. I don't have a problem with all these new sites springing up, but I know where I will keep coming back to.