LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Experience With New Depends?

I have seen the new packages, but was wondering if anyone had tried the new briefs. I know the male-female underwear is on the market, but that's not good for night time use in bed. Makes me wonder why K-C can't make a brief that will compete with other super absorbent brands.

Apparently they are not meant to replace their fitted brief but be a better version of their refastenable underwear. So I can't see them being very good.

They are not trying to compete with any of the good brands, there is not a huge market for them.

I'll tell you what, I don't know about their new Male/Female underwear, I haven't tried them. But I picked up a pack of their max protection briefs the other day, and I was somewhat impressed. They are ALOT better than they had been. Still insanely thin, fairly noisy, and not the best tapes in the world. But they held two fairly decent wettings. They didn't leak at all until the third one (which was a monster I wasn't expecting). The waistbands were a bit strechier than they had been, and I thought overall they were more comfortable. Although I still don't like them anywhere near as much as my normal brands, they are definitely an option now if you need some diapers to get you through a short time span.

I have seen the new packages, but was wondering if anyone had tried the new briefs. I know the male-female underwear is on the market, but that's not good for night time use in bed. Makes me wonder why K-C can't make a brief that will compete with other super absorbent brands.

not sure how much different they are i have a package of them they do not seem to protect any better then the adjustale i use as a rule

I confess that I have never been a fan of adult pull-on diaper/undies. That is mostly because I am so used to changing my tape-on disposables in ladies room stalls without removing my hose and shoes. This is a personal choice. Generally I have avoided Depend products because I started wearing disposables when Attends were the leading brand and Attends have always made products for us slender petite gals, which Depend has ignored.

Then when my husband Don was facing prostate surgery in early 2007, the tables turned. He had changed my pinned gauze and Attend diapers thousands of time, but he had never put on his own diaper. When it was obvious that post surgery Don would need to regain his bladder control we stopped at a store on the drive home to shop for disposables in his size, way larger than mine. We assumed Don needs a Depend Large fitted brief. Looking at the information on Depend Adjustable we selected Small/Medium, figuring if they were too small for Don maybe I could try them. Well, it turned out the large briefs were not quite big enough for Don. He needed the X-Large. Meanwhile he could fit into the small/medium Adjustable.

To Don there was the advantage to the pull-on in that he could lower them when he felt the need to pee, and they would be there to deal with the dribbling until his control was back to normal. In fact he never did take the time to learn to put on his own regular diaper while standing.

Meanwhile a few times when I could wear just a skirt and slip-on shoes I gave the small/medium Adjustable a fair trial. They were better than I had assumed. Mind you I still do not find that any pull-on will become my normal day diaper. As a result of my frequent communication with Depend customer service over the years, in advance of the national roll-out of the new style Depend Undies they sent me a trial bag od the smaller style for women.

What I find is that the female leg hole really fit me far better than the unisex leg hole of the Adjustable. I do not need absorption near the waist in front. The new Depend for Women are softer and thinner all around the waist. My feed-back to Depend is that these have advantages for women. Don no longer needs any sort of diaper. We know several male AB living near us. They tried the samples of the Undies for Men Depends sent us. They did not find any advantage over Adjustable.

As far as all of us can detect Depend did not increase the capacity on Undies for Men and reduced it slightly in Undies for Women. For women who do not wet a lot this might be enough. None of the guys feel the Undies for Men will work for their AB time. We do not have a non-AB incontinent man available as a Depend tester. Maybe they will work for incontinent men.

IMHO, real diapers, the kind with the tapes, are always superior to those pull-up types. With tapes, you can make sure that the diaper will fit YOUR body, and not just a generic average. A snug fit means less chance of leaks, and I hate leaks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back. Well, I broke down and tried some of the new Depends "super" absorbent. Let's put it like this, they are somewhat better than the former model, but still don't have lots of soaking ability. To be safe, sine I pee heavy at night, i used a boost pad inside the brief, and (just my luckj) had a "dry" night, so I didn't get to see really how much it would have absorbed. I used a $2 coupon at WalMart, so it is not a total waste. I must give them credit, the fit seems better than before and the tape DO stick. The new ones are made in Mexico if that bothers anyone. But, a diaper is a diaper, It's better to have one than need one and not have one.

when i was a teen and wetting the bed that's all i use to wear was depends since there small was just the right size for me now i haven't tried any since but ive been wondering about the Men And Women underwear though ive got the Tena version coming sometime soon......

Okay. The first diapers I ever tried were Depends...and they sucked. Then I got some through the internet and, whatever they were, I didn't like them either. Too big and bulky and they wouldn't stay up. About a month ago I bought some Depends Underwear for Men and I really like them. They fit great, stay up and I can easily wear them under my jeans and Dockers and feel comfortable and undetected. I wore a pair to a concert last night and really liked being able to wet myself and not deal with a crowded mens room.

I bought a pack of the new Depend Maximum Protection recently, and I still had most of a old pack of Depend Maximum Protection that I had bought last Fall, so I did a back to back comparison. I couldn't tell any difference, other than the new ones have a slightly taller waistband.

If someone hasn't worn Depend in several years, then yes, the new ones probably are better than what they remember because they have improved a bit over the years. But the ones I bought weren't any better than the ones I had from last Fall.

I guess I really don't understand why Depend doesn't make some kind of extended wear product. Look at the market... Abena X-Plus, Molicare Super Plus, Tena Super, Tranquility ATN, etc. You'd think with Depend's market saturation they could make for very stiff competition. I know I would think twice about ordering from anywhere online if there was a viable alternative abvailable right down the street.

Guest dodgedart

What I find is that the female leg hole really fit me far better than the unisex leg hole of the Adjustable. I do not need absorption near the waist in front. The new Depend for Women are softer and thinner all around the waist. My feed-back to Depend is that these have advantages for women. Don no longer needs any sort of diaper. We know several male AB living near us. They tried the samples of the Undies for Men Depends sent us. They did not find any advantage over Adjustable.

As far as all of us can detect Depend did not increase the capacity on Undies for Men and reduced it slightly in Undies for Women. For women who do not wet a lot this might be enough. None of the guys feel the Undies for Men will work for their AB time. We do not have a non-AB incontinent man available as a Depend tester. Maybe they will work for incontinent men.

I am a real inconttinent man I normaly wear Attends with waist band. I am in diapers 100% unless I take them off to #2 or shower.

I picked up the small-Medium Depends for men. They do have more padding in front higher up. But were to loose on the leg openings.

In my opinon they need to make a Small and a Med. I can not find Diapers in a size up from XL Goodnites and the small/med.

I wear the plastic backed Attends since they can be adjusted to fit.

maybe the Womens size Depends fit smaler?